Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Review] Endgame.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I remember that the one time I let my character get killed was during a certain trial, as part of a plan made some time before. The character, Albareth, was of course brought back. I was told then, by Mich, that the entire event of the trial was a waste of time if Albareth was coming back. And I agreed, it was. It was a waste of time which was preplanned to be a waste of time for everyone but certain individuals who knew about the plot. That's almost exactly what I felt like in this event.

The event was good. I must disagree with Axex on this specific event, although basically all other events in the campaign would have the same criticisms from my side levelled at them. This event was entertaining and I felt like I had a lot to do, hardly ever going afk of boredom, which is something that tends to happen with other events.

However, I don't like the little impact the three hours I spent had on the world. As I hear it, the corrupted still keep their power, when if you want my honest opinion, at least some of them should have their characters killed off permanently. Characters with so many powers simply shouldn't exist, especially when on the other hand there is constant ramble about overpowering. An example of that was Albareth striking Luna with his war hammer at least three to five times, with the blunt edge, once from behind when she had no way of knowing he was there. She deflected all blows with steel bladed wings. It took three men to finally kill her, which didn't matter because she got up and left around five minutes later. An advantage to a character should never exist if it is inaccessible to all other characters, and last I checked none of the non-corrupted can grow steel blade-like wings, or turn into a Wither. Sure, stronger characters that are lesser in numbers is a good idea, but there is an extent to that power and line has to be drawn. Three times the speed, four times the strength, or turning into a sentient bear only stronger are all areas that should not be accessed, because it no longer requires cooperation to defeat characters such as that - it requires pure luck, edging to a miracle, which is actually how some of those characters were dispatched of, only to return moments later perfectly fit for battle again and being more of pains in the backs (because let's face it, characters such as that are only a pain, to the point where outside of events they are actively avoided).
On top of that, I'd like to point out that literally minutes after the Corrupted were pardoned by Rahas, one of them killed Gelyk in a random act of violence. He had the right reasons to do it, but Rahas should not have forgiven all of them just like that. You might think I'm being harsh, but if I was him I'd fry all Corrupted that didn't yet make it out of the temple they were holed up in to make sure the corruption doesn't remain.
Also, there's constant talk of Harateth surviving. I'm not sure if it's true, but if it is, then I have successfully had my time drawn away from me, even though in a relatively fun way. Still, I play games with the concept of eventual victory, not to defeat the boss just to find out the Princess is in another castle, or just to have Dr Egg getting to me for a second round. Grief was a good character because she didn't have too many minions with her that would just be a pain outside of events.

If Harateth really hasn't been killed, and Corruption hasn't been damaged that much, and has the ability to retain its followers, I'd like to know what all this actually achieved. By no means am I trying to attack anyone. People that play their corrupted characters are fine, and actually play them rather well. However, it's the simple case of those characters still being impossibly strong, which is extremely frustrating.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
If Harateth really hasn't been killed, and Corruption hasn't been damaged that much, and has the ability to retain its followers, I'd like to know what all this actually achieved. By no means am I trying to attack anyone. People that play their corrupted characters are fine, and actually play them rather well. However, it's the simple case of those characters still being impossibly strong, which is extremely frustrating.
You dare to doubt the power of our undying sovereigh, heretic? ^-^

Gregor

Lord of Altera
I have to say, while it may not have been"on rails", it looks like it because of the nature of the event.

As a newcomer (sub 1 month ) i /wanted/ to do things, but i felt like i would ruin things if i did certain things.

(Would have shot Harateth mid speech)

After i was certain was /allowed/ to do things, i quickly went to shoot Harateth.(Felt incredibly satisfying actually hitting, even if simple illusions)

So, i feel that a lot of people like me are simply... scared to ruin something that was planned by the red nam- Staff

Having said that, i enjoyed the event and the awesome effects. It felt really cool marching together with the rest of Altera.

Harateth himself however, felt like a two dimensional WoW raid boss, with cheesy evil lines and while he knew of our plan, didnt look like he prepared at all.

I felt like the Alterans had no way to lose and were just dominating overall, with Harateth's health dropping and no deaths and well, far less powerful than in the Cathedral of PS

I felt like the problem with the assault on PS was not that the mobs were OP, people didnt know PVE was going to happen and just brought good looking/ no minecraft gear.

I like the PVE side of things, it makes it feel like a war,
because instead of wall of text for immersion, you can iCly fight without explaining every move and still feel like you are contributing. And have the RP assault on raidboss1 later.

Have the difficulty of PVE side raised like in PS, but tell us OOC.. That things will go down

(Apologize for weird grammar/structure,
I am on my phone)

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Adding on to this, I heard that the explanation behind the corrupt still being corrupt was that there still were corrupt gods. Personally, this makes no sense, because I might think that after the head corrupt God is "killed," morale would be low around the remaining corrupt. However, I've just seen stronger and stronger corrupt...

I also do not really understand the whole, get killed, come back stronger thing. If that happened with my character, I'd have a warning in front of my face for powergaming. My character gets killed, I have to wait a little over a week for revival, while corrupts literally cannot die. It might seem fair since there are so few of them, but in reality, I have not seen a single situation where a normal character could possibly defeat them. I hate making examples, but during the final part of the battle, I was fighting Elmond with a couple other characters, and I saw somethings that literally no other character could do. He basically got out of three characters attacking him at the same time, and had nearly instant regeneration. I assume that if I had a chance to cut his hand off, he would have had it back by the next day. I was going to use my god axe on him (elmond), but people in the weapons channel were saying that before Scardrac had turned into the Wither, he was hit with a god axe and shook it off. Literally shook off a strike comparable to being hit with a small car (at highway speeds). That's powergaming. Unless he was a elephant or something, I doubt he would have shaken that off like that.

I just want to ignore everything that they do from now on, because they have become impossible to rp with. Fearing someone is good, but literally not wanting to rp with 6+ characters is not ok in my book.

Gregor

Lord of Altera
Also, the corrupted looked hilarious as if they were zerged by the alterans

Praise the sun!

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
The most common opinion I've heard of the Campaign is that it's simply going on for a little too long. People are eager for it to be finished, and there was an expectation for this to be the final event. The fact that there still seems to be stuff to do is a little exhausting.

Furthermore, regarding the Campaign as a whole, there are plenty of people that new exactly what needed to be done but couldn't be bothered to do it because they didn't find it enjoyable. So, before people say that "well, I tried to avoid doing stuff because I wanted others to come in and do it, so that it didn't seem like I was stealing the spotlight", they might like to look at the possibility of making it fun for people to step up and do things.
The choice of inactivity does not equal blissful ignorance~ :p

It is also not a player's fault if his or her character would act a certain way, and I do wish people would stop judging players for staying true to their characters. I OOCly know far more about the campaign than poor Ced would have figured out but I have no interest in having him involved in the campaign more so than he naturally would be. A few folk seem unable to process or understand this principle.
I'll try not to butt in on this again- I've already given far more than two cents :D

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
"Hi guys! I havn't been able to read all the reviews- I've been too lazy to log into my main account (making delicious food... and stuff.)
The campaign has a plethora of items that needs to wind down- In fact, its already in the process of doing so! Don't worry- it IS at completion.
Part of the reason you may be getting the sense of 'theres still more to be done!' is not only foreshadow for potential plot twists, but (mostly!) because the main campaign organizer had to get on a brutal nine-hour overnight flight cross-country. Sorry!

I'll be getting things wrapped up as soon as possible, as soon as
<--- this guy
and prospects of kicking his ass at mario kart stop being distracting

tl;dr blame Naelwyn"

-Michcat

re: regeneration
A lot of people have noticed that effect was present- It was only possible during the Endgame event, while their main man Harateth was bumming around
definitely not the status quo, yo. But you should find that out IC!

Last edited:

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
The posts where they speak on the same account confuse me so much.
Michcat, switch accounts damn you! xD

Last edited:

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Rightyio- Finally got to reading everything in this thread.

@Axex
@GregorWaldstein
@other folk

I'm glad you noticed Harateth WAS indeed /entirely two dimensional/, and acted /nothing like a proper God should have/. In fact, if he knew the plan, why did it skewer him...? I encourage everyone to take this information in character, especially if you were present at the event and engaged in the happenings. (Because YES, I do have lovely backmatter that is intended to politely close the campaign... as soon as I can update some threads.)

I need to apologize for how long it did run, I was trying my best to hurry things along and still have a wonderful experience. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, there was a distinct presence of inactivity. This is said in utmost politeness- I do not ever fault people for how their characters would act. I simply would like it clarified that the campaign has been advertised so and set around a reactive basis- You guys are the ones who shape the world, and there is little I will do to interfere.

On the Corrupted, those who might notice would see they've been slowly losing any and all 'power' that made them so dangerous- Like a leak has been sprung and the boat is sinking.

I am more then happy to clarify any further points I missed (I tried to address the three most prevalent). Feel free to message me on the forums if you have any questions or concerns- Right now, I have some Gods to mess with. :D

Edit: A massive thanks to @Faelin for her words.

Last edited: