Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[review] horrific opening

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Heya,

I'd like to initiate this review of the event I hosted: The horrific opening of Horror Island.

First and foremost I want to thank everyone who attended and did such wonderful RolePlay!
Truly, I am once again amazed at the RP skill of some players.

Now for me, these are the things that went well or could have done better:
+ The Questing-mechanism works. The books link to each other and it took about an hour of RP before the first ones entered the first quest cave.
+ The mechanism that you need an item to enter an area or open a loot chest works well!
+ The interaction between the savages and the adventurers went great. Nobody got killed, one person got maimed :p I'm glad to see we're able to rp rather aggressive / odd characters and not be butchered on sight!
+ It took people time to explore the island and I'm sure they still haven't seen every loot chest. I'm happy that it's taking time, because it's more rewarding to get the loot by then.
- Opening up a region to people requires some kind of mutual trust. This time unfortunately some people didn't read the rules right and (I'm sure it was unintentionally) emptied entire loot chests instead of keeping to the rules.
- I was not able to give the attendants real things to do, like a storyline. They had to roam the island and thus find the rp themselves. Not sure if it's a - or a +.

I might host more events like this, once I get more stuff set up on the island. It's nice to RP with a group on the island for a few hours :)

Currently I can't think of many more. But I hope to get some feedback from the attendants:
SirLuamTehDoge Lirakitty Sir Saltington Kamaoe Zenrak Cymic_ Bakaling MorbidGabby
Please do feel free to tell me what you missed. What wasn't there what I should have put there, perhaps for a next time. Or tell me what happened in a way you think I could have done better. This is a review, so both positive and negative is very much applauded, as long as it's constructive!

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Would love to run through the island sometime in the future! :D
Recommended. Holy Jeyz00s, it's been a load of fun so far, and I showed up fairly late, by at least half an hour. Managed to catch up and have some really fun RP between the Savages, and get some d4nk l00t. Though it may not be for everyone, I did truly love this.

Luam's Scale of Approval: [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10]

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
Great event, had a blast. Loved rping with the savages, they were all so cute.~ :heart: Kam is definitely going to want to come back in the future.
I can't really think of any criticism. Letting us go wander around the island made discoveries more surprising, and allowed for rp to flow naturally.
I was psyched to not have to kill anyone either, so there's another plus~
Keep up the good work! I look forward to more of this in the future if it's going to be a thing!~

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Great event, had a blast. Loved rping with the savages, they were all so cute.~ :heart: Kam is definitely going to want to come back in the future.
I can't really think of any criticism. Letting us go wander around the island made discoveries more surprising, and allowed for rp to flow naturally.
I was psyched to not have to kill anyone either, so there's another plus~
Keep up the good work! I look forward to more of this in the future if it's going to be a thing!~
Kam will have to take Cymic here on vacation tho

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
I finally found the third cave, and holy crap, I found that rewarding as hell!

MARWINFIRST

Edit: THREE. DAMN. HOURS.

FeelsGoodMan.jpg

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Thanks a bunch! I'm working on a second quest line now because of all the positive feedback. Will host a second event once that's done! :D

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
Honestly Poof you never cease to amaze with the wonderful things you manage to pull off for us. I wish I had had more time to run about and explore. This truly is an experience to remember. I will say I think players do need to slow down a bit when going through and pay attention to the signs that are posted. There is no need to rush through and it will only hurt your experience in the long run. I saw some excellent rp yesterday and some great collaboration as well. I highly recommend that you take the time to drop in sometime. There are things for everyone to experience and enjoy.