Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Revival FAQ & Discussion

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
This is more to the effect of discussion than FAQ, but I’m curious about how others who’ve revived are RPing the memory loss? I know for Asero, it’s a huge change and although he’ll eventually get his memories back, the main thorn is relationships. With his memories lost, he’s also lost what relations he had, so he has to remake those connections. People he knew before are total strangers until he talks to them and remembers about them, and even then he has to spend time enough with them to genuinely feel a way about them again. There’s obviously other things too... the black scars, some people getting new limbs, other details. I’m generally curious as to how your characters are reacting to these changes and what they may do about them

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
That my friend is exactly how I played Ronak. Didn't even remember what Storms Landing was when he first revived, totally blanked on everything including his name. Only thing he could do was breathe and stumble about the place. I also played him having total relations loss, however I've played it as he's more or less back to where he was with everyone that he's spoken to.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
If the entire body is destroyed, do the limbs, eyes, tongue ... etc still get a roll for a change?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
No, that'd be overkill. We'll make it a normal regeneration to most except one part at staff discretion.
'Beyond this, there is now a system in place where Revival staff will apply a roll of a d4 for one limb(or eye, tongue, etc) with a short discussion with Divine Lead to decide which: '

Also added:
'Should a body be completely destroyed, for example burnt, they return in full but haunted by memories of burning alive as if they could feel it when they were deceased. The same goes for those being buried, they will feel as if they remember being trapped below the ground until Jishrim removed them. Those who drown remember drowning but then after revival they cough up water once in a while for a week as a reminder.'

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
So two questions in regards to the brotherhood and Makani.

LOSS OF LIMB
If the limbs were lost over one OOC week ago prior to death, they do not return. Beyond this, there is now a system in place where Revival staff will apply a roll of a d4 for one limb(or eye, tongue, etc) with a short discussion with Divine Lead to decide which:
1 - The limb returns but similar to that of an animal, with a follow-up roll to decide which animal. If it is an arm, for example, they could have black fur and an extra joint, but this can be discussed between Revival staff and Events.
1 - Spider 2 - Goat 3 - Cat 4 - Moth
2 - The limb returns covered in scar-like lines in the pattern of webbing.
3 - The limb returns but sporadically does things of its own accord, twitching or hitting things or trying to steal items.
4 - The limb returns as normal, with black thread stitching it to the body that can be removed after a few days.

Note: Eyes of another type do not hold the same properties. No extreme night vision buffs. The eye functions as a normal eye, but looks absolutely bizarre.
If a makani were to lose an arm and then be killed. If they revived with a goats arm for example. Would the arm's bone be hollow or would it be full like a typical goat's arm? And another question is the makani's wings. If a Makani lost its wings and Jishrim revived the person do the limbs count as limbs? Would the makani have like a moth's wings? Curious to see what this interaction would be.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
So two questions in regards to the brotherhood and Makani.

If a makani were to lose an arm and then be killed. If they revived with a goats arm for example. Would the arm's bone be hollow or would it be full like a typical goat's arm? And another question is the makani's wings. If a Makani lost its wings and Jishrim revived the person do the limbs count as limbs? Would the makani have like a moth's wings? Curious to see what this interaction would be.
I think this is a find out IC example

Lovelyninja567

Ur mom
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
lovelyninja567
lovelyninja567
Legend
If a character is revived under Maddened, are they able to re-learn basic words of another language (I.e. broken common) during the week they can only understand Elven? It's probably self-explanatory, I just want to clarify.
  • They no longer understand anything except Elven for the next IC/OOC week, before it then abruptly returns to normal. They do not keep any understanding of Elven if they never knew it.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Character Name: Bok'ra
Death Number: 2
Time since Death: A day
Cause of Death: Strike to the head of the vyre.
Condition of Corpse: His right, moth arm is mangled and relatively torn scalpel of his head maintains a hole to which he suffered the last blow. These were, however, later repaired. (see additional notes)
Location of Corpse: Lost Frontier
One Piece of Memory to Forget: His combat skills in dagger play.

Additional notes: This is a bit of an oddball. Following his initial death, Bok'ra was necromanced into undeath and then his wounds were sealed and repaired via another skraag spell, while still a vyre. Not sure if that contributes to anything, but I figured I'd mention it anyway. Additionally, he's affected by the mantle of life.
As he is 'undead' right now, you do not enter the queue - This is for when you die as the 'undead' version. I'll make a note in the revival post.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
As he is 'undead' right now, you do not enter the queue - This is for when you die as the 'undead' version. I'll make a note in the revival post.
I'd say I was relatively confused as to how it worked hence my post there, but this works. Thank!

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
One a second note, does this mean the "time since death" will be since the death of the undead form?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Keep track of it. Time since original death and undead death should both be factored in.

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
When an individual revives, they have no memory of anything for the next IC/OOC day. Gradually they may restore memories, via prompts or optional rolls (such as a d20 whenever an interesting event occurs with a DC of 8 to remember).
I may have majorly fucked this up.

Is this saying that for ONE DAY ONLY your memories are missing, but can get some back through rolling, and they return the day after?
Or are you forced to start from a clean slate every time, that first day not retaining anything, and then afterwards slowly regaining them back through RP? And all this on top of the one thing gone forever?

Cranium

Meep
Retired Staff
_Cranium_
_Cranium_
Blessed
I may have majorly fucked this up.

Is this saying that for ONE DAY ONLY your memories are missing, but can get some back through rolling, and they return the day after?
Or are you forced to start from a clean slate every time, that first day not retaining anything, and then afterwards slowly regaining them back through RP? And all this on top of the one thing gone forever?
I believe the latter.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
At minimum for the day you revive you know nothing - And can recover the memories afterwards. I generally leave it to players, it could be a few days until they're entirely normal or it could be a couple weeks before its all back.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Character Name: Alfonso Casares
Time since Death: Hasn't occurred yet, will edit when it does.
Death Number: First death
Cause of death: Currently unknown, I'll edit, but either execution or heart failure is most likely.
Condition of corpse: Again, unknown, but currently suffering opium withdrawal, alcohol withdrawal, several bruises, a failing heart and wounds on his arms.
Location of Corpse: Most likely Storm's Landing.
One Piece of Memory to Forget: All memories of Astreia Endowyn
You should probably wait for it to occur before you post it, so it doesn't skew any timers from time posted

Scardrac

Felsummer
Character Name: Alfonso Casares
Time since Death: Hasn't occurred yet, will edit when it does.
Death Number: First death
Cause of death: Currently unknown, I'll edit, but either execution or heart failure is most likely.
Condition of corpse: Again, unknown, but currently suffering opium withdrawal, alcohol withdrawal, several bruises, a failing heart and wounds on his arms.
Location of Corpse: Most likely Storm's Landing.
One Piece of Memory to Forget: All memories of Astreia Endowyn
.. I think this is the first preemptive revival queue post I've seen.
Setting a new precedent :p

Jokes aside, I think I saw one somewhere, so I assumed it was cool.
GloonSpare Magic Intern Hey there. Please keep non-revival posts inside the FaQ and quote the queue if need be. Please keep queue posts postmortem only, as we use the date of the queue post as a guide to when the player can revive.

JustTheEngineer

Country roads, take me home
Evil
Legend
Retired Staff
JustTheEngineer
JustTheEngineer
Evil
This post is to serve as a reminder that all deaths counted in This thread are those that occurred after the start of the new revival record system, thus any death before October 17th need not be mentioned in your 'Death Number'.

The Revival Record as of this post is up to date and may be used to go off of if you have questions.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Character Name: Maple
Time since Death: 1 Minute
Cause of Death: Sacrificed to Jishrim by Bok'ra
Condition of Corpse: Stabbed in the throat, poisoned, stabbed in the leg, missing an eye
Location of Corpse: Outside Nid Arach
Memory to Forget: Maple's learned skills in art
Have they died recently: Nope! First death!
One eye taken off