[Revival System] Brotherhood of Jishrim

Elz

hmm
Staff member
1597535421309.png

- THE BROTHERHOOD OF JISHRIM -

Shalherana has lost two Archangels, and with it her power waivers and falters. After her temple was attacked, Archon was seemingly lost in the aftermath, and so the system of reviving the dead has slipped... Into the grasp of Jishrim. There are now some dramatic changes to the revival system until such a time that balance is restored.
REVIVAL TIMES
Death is common, and revival easily relied on. Moving forwards, there will now be slowly increasing time amounts for the amount of deaths gained. A log will be updated with character deaths but you should be sure to keep track as well for your own postings.
1st Death - Revival between 12-24 hours OOC.
2nd Death - Revival between 2-3 days OOC.
3rd Death - Revival between 7-8 days OOC.
4th Death - Revival between 14-16 days OOC.
5th Death - Revival between 20-25 days OOC.
6th Death (and onwards) - Revival at 30days/one month OOC.

MEMORIES
Memory has become fleeting, and whilst the player is unaware, Visage reaps his payment in the form of memories of the deceased for his part in the shifting of mantles. When an individual revives, they have no memory of anything for the next IC/OOC day. Gradually they may restore memories, via prompts or optional rolls (such as a d20 whenever an interesting event occurs with a DC of 8 to remember). Ultimately one memory is permanently removed however, and this is up to you when you fill out the form. IC this is not your character's choice.
Note: You do not remember quite the 'how' or the 'who' of your death - We put this in place to prevent meta. If it is unclear, speak with staff.

LOSS OF LIMB
If the limbs were lost over one OOC week ago prior to death, they do not return. Beyond this, there is now a system in place where Revival staff will apply a roll of a d4 for one limb(or eye, tongue, etc) with a short discussion with Divine Lead to decide which:
1 - The limb returns but similar to that of an animal, with a follow-up roll to decide which animal. If it is an arm, for example, they could have black fur and an extra joint, but this can be discussed between Revival staff and Events.
1 - Spider 2 - Goat 3 - Cat 4 - Moth
2 - The limb returns covered in scar-like lines in the pattern of webbing.
3 - The limb returns but sporadically does things of its own accord, twitching or hitting things or trying to steal items.
4 - The limb returns as normal, with black thread stitching it to the body that can be removed after a few days.

Note: Eyes of another type do not hold the same properties. No extreme night vision buffs. The eye functions as a normal eye, but looks absolutely bizarre.

Should a body be completely destroyed, for example burnt, they return in full but haunted by memories of burning alive as if they could feel it when they were deceased. The same goes for those being buried, they will feel as if they remember being trapped below the ground until Jishrim removed them. Those who drown remember drowning but then after revival they cough up water once in a while for a week as a reminder.

REVIVAL SICKNESS
Any who return will feel a period of sickness, and suffer chronic nightmares relating to spiders, undead, and their own personal fears. Nosebleeds and lapses of focus occur for the next several IC/OOC days.

CORPSES OF THE DEAD
No longer do the bodies of your old self turn to ash, but they remain wherever they are placed, and your body is made anew separately. To see your own corpse will horrify you, and bring you deeper into madness. Others however at not so hindered, and may collect your skulls if they so desire.

Vyres find that should they be staked, their body abruptly bursts into ashes, which can be collected. They then reform later in the sorrows, the curse restored and kept whole by Jishrim's influence. They are however more maddened, more reckless, and will feel as if they've lost a part of their humanity in return. Add to your revival post if your character was staked or not.

QUALITY OF LIFE
There is no real regard for the quality of life, but madness instead, and there are three types of madness to follow those who return to life - The Revival staff will roll a d3 and update your post.

[CRAZED - 1]
Returning under this branch means that several changes will come into play:
  • Any wounds or injuries received still hurt as if they have just been afflicted, and will for the next day IC/OOC, but have no trace of them physically.
  • They are regularly startled in the middle of roleplay by a hallucinatory loud scream or the appearance of spiders around them. This will stop at the end of an IC/OOC week.
  • They revive in the middle of any major city, crawling up from a well, floorboards, or a shallow grave. They are dressed how they would be dressed for a typical wedding.
[MADDENED - 2]
  • Any wounds have formed scars of black lines, which seem to bleed outwards in web-like patterns.
  • They no longer understand anything except Elven for the next IC/OOC week, before it then abruptly returns to normal. They do not keep any understanding of Elven if they never knew it.
  • They revive out in the Wilderness, garbed in ragged furs and caked in mud. They must walk aimlessly for the nearest place of civilisation.
[PLAGUED - 3]
  • Any wounds or injuries sustained are stabilized but require additional time to heal in full.
  • They are prone to sickness, falling over, fainting, and bumping into things for the next IC/OOC week.
  • They revive in any field, dressed like a scarecrow with pockets full of seeds.

REVIVAL APPLICATION:
Post the following form in the Revival Queue thread.

Character Name:
Death Number: (Is this the first, or fourth, time you've died?)
Time since Death: (How long approximately since your character died?)
Cause of Death: (Include the circumstances around it. Were you trying to kill another? Was it a random attack on you? Was it an accident? Did wolves get you?)
Condition of Corpse: (To the best of your knowledge, how bad off is your characters body?)
Location of Corpse: (Where is it?)
One Piece of Memory to Forget: (This is the piece that is never restored, be wise.)

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
Legend
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Legend
Fun fact: ~13 to 14 hour ago, I said Dearon(Jstars) revival might be a problem lol.
I just didn't imagine it to turn out like this when I said that...

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Disregard the earlier Vyre things, apologies. This applies only to Vyres from this point onwards, the rest will revive 'cured' if they are in the old system and their 'bodies' become ash (it is still possible to become a Vyre you just have to look into it) - Moving forwards:

Vyres find that should they be staked, their body abruptly bursts into ashes, which can be collected. They then reform later in the sorrows, the curse restored and kept whole by Jishrim's influence. They are however more maddened, more reckless, and will feel as if they've lost a part of their humanity in return. Add to your revival post if your character was staked or not.

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
How does exploding into ash when staked interact with Vyre's who've reached Chain of 5?

Chain of Five: (S - V, V, V, V, V)
Vyres at this level should no longer be out in direct sunlight, for their skin blisters terribly within a minute of being exposed, and their eyes are exceptionally sensitive and prone to moments of blindness. They feel very tired in the day, whether it is overcast or not.

Immortality: If the Vyre is staked, they may simply remain that way for as long as it takes for the stake to be removed, the body never decaying. Should this be put into use, make a conversation with me with all the details of the 'death' so I can explain and go through it without spoiling it.
Locate II: They are able to locate those below them in the chain of the same bloodline to the accuracy of the building they're in.
Do the bodies still remain or will they explode and the benefit of chain of 5 will be reworked?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
Come to think of it, I love how now it's gotten a real consequence when you die. Now people don't die to cure themselves, now death may have 'negative' consequences, which makes being alive and not dying more precious. I LOVE THIS!

Mongoose

Legend of Altera
Now that I think on this, I've got a question I can't help but wonder if anyone else has thought of and not asked - If you have one memory permanently lost, then rather than remember it, would it be possible to relearn it? Say for example you forgot everything and anything to do with Alchemy. Would it be possible to relearn Alchemy, or is it now just a permanent void in your mind where that information couldn't return?

Kostadim

Loyal Servant of Altera
Now that I think on this, I've got a question I can't help but wonder if anyone else has thought of and not asked - If you have one memory permanently lost, then rather than remember it, would it be possible to relearn it? Say for example you forgot everything and anything to do with Alchemy. Would it be possible to relearn Alchemy, or is it now just a permanent void in your mind where that information couldn't return?
You can relearn lost skills yes

Elz

hmm
Staff member
+ Addition of increasing revival times. This will be implemented from today onwards, and I'll make a thread to log deaths here out.

REVIVAL TIMES
Death is common, and revival easily relied on. Moving forwards, there will now be slowly increasing time amounts for the amount of deaths gained. A log will be updated with character deaths but you should be sure to keep track as well for your own postings.

Brown

Survivor of Five Rivers
+ Addition of increasing revival times. This will be implemented from today onwards, and I'll make a thread to log deaths here out.

REVIVAL TIMES
Preface: Big fan of this, I think the more emphasis we can put on death being a serious element the better for RP.

One thing; This applies to just one character, not the player, correct? If so, what is stopping anyone from just continually making alts to circumvent this?
(extreme e.g. Someone really likes murderhoboing, and get killed off a lot, so instead of waiting revival time they make alts to reset the punishment)

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Hired Gun
Mentor
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Preface: Big fan of this, I think the more emphasis we can put on death being a serious element the better for RP.

One thing; This applies to just one character, not the player, correct? If so, what is stopping anyone from just continually making alts to circumvent this?
(extreme e.g. Someone really likes murderhoboing, and get killed off a lot, so instead of waiting revival time they make alts to reset the punishment)
if someone starts doing that, report them, im not staff but that's not really okay under those specific circumstances from what i know

Brown

Survivor of Five Rivers
if someone starts doing that, report them, im not staff but that's not really okay under those specific circumstances from what i know
Ya, that was an extreme example anyhow. Just wanted to see if Elz had any thoughts on adjusting things further to prevent that or if we're just going on the honour system, either way is fine.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Oh this is on the character. If Aelyth dies 3 times it doesnt mean my new alt also matches her 3 time timer. It does not reset the timer either - And if people try to abuse the rules that'll fall to a moderation issue yeah.