Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Root's Application [Approved-Ayda]

Root

Villager
Me, Myself, And I

1. What is your Minecraft username?
CyanDies

2. How old are you?
20 and still breathin'!

3. What country are you from?
Korea but I moved to the US of A at a very young age

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yep Yep!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: This is the act of using information obtained by OOC means and allowing your character to use it and/or specifically know about it. Let us say that a traveling merchant's route is mapped out OOC for convenience yet a player uses it to keep buying the merchant's extremely rare goods.
Powergaming: This is the act of overriding or disallowing a character a reaction to your action. An example would to say a player wanted to destroy a magical barrier they, in one action hit the barrier and say that they had broke it although the person who owned said barrier could not react or tell them what exactly happened.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nein

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
JoeJoe

8. Tell us about yourself!
Yahallaho! I am Root, Reet, or really whatever you'd like to call me! I'm a twenty year-olddeadbeat barista. Truly hell, I assure you. I enjoy playing bidya geims(CDDA, Elona, Tokyo Xanadu, Closers, Minecraft, and More!), singing, and writing. I love to listen to music of all sorts ranging from metal, jpop, and jrock to hiphop, lo-fi(Low Fidelity), and jazz! A few artist I listen to often are Sabaton, Itou Kashitarou, EDEN, E-Dubble(Really, apparently I'm the only one who remembers this dude haha), and ATLAS. I also enjoy roleplay which I've been doing for upwards to a year; though I've been doing it in more text-based mediums, whether through forum or discord. This is about it and I'm willing to accept any questions you all might have for me! Salutations and thanks for reading!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I'd like to call myself a writer indeed! Here is something I wrote some five months ago; and to be honest with you I only truly started writing a year ago haha.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Crazed_Fangirl

The Smith's Personae

Character Name:
Solis Orleans

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
I have quite a few images for this character so have a look! All of this pictures; just imagine them with brown eyes haha.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: Again Brown eyes

Written Test!
It was the day. Well, it was actually night, what with the full moon glaring down at Solis, his brown eyes unblinking as he attempted to calm his nerves. The grasses and weeds of the hill near his home rustled, where at the very top one could assume the bed of purple flowers did so as well. It was a windy night; at least windier than usual with a slight gust, the forest taking much of the brunt of the westward wind, and with that brought a slight chill to his skin, making him shudder softly. It was nearly midnight, once the church bell tolled Solis would be the youthful age of twelve. His small lips thinning he looked over at the town, bright and colorful. While he would have joined in the festivities a year before he had to reserve his energy for what was to come.

Finally, breaking the silence that was the rowdy village was the midnight bell, ringing a deafening roar to him though to most it'd simply be time for the day to end. Hopping up onto his feet he strode softly towards his home, a smaller thing but with a rather large forge where a grizzly bear of a man awaited A beard rivaling a dwarf's, and muscles to match the royal guard, stood the father of the young boy. His face was a square thing, his mouth like a crack in granite; voice similar to rocks grinding as well.

"You've kept me waiting, eh boy? If I wasn't just'a weapon smith I ought've built a clock to time how slow you 'ere." The man gave a laugh, though didn't sound amused at all. Really the man seemed to lack the ability to laugh normally. His voice had a slight street accent, likely picked up from the streets he lived on in the capital, at least that's what he told Solis and his sister when they were much younger.

"Sorry, d- Master Smith." Said the red-headed boy as he bowed slowly.

His father nodded, "Ain't a problem, boy. Now, let's get down to business."

Placing a hammer in front of him, it had a strong yet rather slender handle, a red wood used it seemed, as it could clearly be seen to have been worn down by use, the indents of fingers deep in the grain.

"This boy, this is our hammer. This is yours. This is the family's. We, the Orleans for a total of five generations have been passing this down, and now it is yers. As yer father, I am proud to say that I can trust you with it." His father's eyes had always been rather squinted, wrinkles covering his visage but finally, he opened his eyes. Solis looked into the sky blue orbs that his father had, gulping. The man reached out with his giant hands, taking hold of Solis' much smaller ones, the callouses, oh so noticeable.

Solis' father spoke once again, like gravel pouring from a mountain, "Your hands. They are mine, they are yours. They are the hands of a smith. Even if you become a shoemaker or a farmer your hands will be that which beats metal into shape."

Pulling his hands away from Solis' own, he took hold of the hammer and rested it in the hands of the small boy, "I trust that you will be able to add your own verse to the seal." The seal, something he had been forced to learn, the words shoved down his throat. Yet Solis gave a nod.

Shifting his feet he held the hammer by the handle with two hands, with room to spare as he looked into the metal which had been used to beat and form many weapons. Taking a sharp breath he began to speak,

"We give our hands, arms, and body to the hammer," He began, a bead of sweat already dripping down his forehead.

Solis continued, "To metal, we bring the hammer, and we create that which is used," The second verse.

Then came the third, "The cinders of my forefathers and foremothers shall become the flame to ignite the kindling of my forge,"

Licking his lips he spoke the fourth verse, "And the hammer I hold now shall be passed down to my children." It was heavy, this burden that he suddenly held in his hands.

His limbs trembling under the weight of the hammer, he persevered, "Thus, in the darkest of nights and brightest of dawns, my sun will shine true,"

Solis' eyes which he hadn't even noticed closed, opened as he gave his own, his entire self to this he believed, "As such, I bring the sun that is my soul, beaming and loving, I shall smile eternally."

He let out a gasp as he was pulled from his reverie, energy pushed from his system as he blinked rapidly. His brain pounding with tension he stumbled forward, the ground slowly coming closer and closer until it hadn't as a cloth shirt filled his vision.

Solis hadn't been awake for much longer yet he heard the words of his father. "And it shall be. I... am so very proud of you, my boy."

Notes:
This character, Solis Orleans, knows Nime Reyali, crazedfangirl00 owns.

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!

✦ Your character was described as having 'Apple red eyes'. That unfortunately is not a color that's inside the accepted lore, though is a simple fix.
✦ The character has a father that was training him to be a blacksmith. While having a basic knowledge of it would be fine, him coming into the world as a 'master smith' wouldn't be doable. As long as he starts off as novice, then this should be fine.

Root

Villager
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!

✦ Your character was described as having 'Apple red eyes'. That unfortunately is not a color that's inside the accepted lore, though is a simple fix.
✦ The character has a father that was training him to be a blacksmith. While having a basic knowledge of it would be fine, him coming into the world as a 'master smith' wouldn't be doable. As long as he starts off as novice, then this should be fine.
1. I can fix that.
2. 'Master Smith' is simply a title like master or teacher. At 12 Solis only started his training as a smith so he isn't very good at smithing even 6 years later as he played around in the forest lots.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!
I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.