Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

RubySmall's Application [Accepted - Jase]

Ruby

Villager
RubySmalls
RubySmalls
1. What is your Minecraft username?
RubySmalls

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes milord.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is your character acting on information they shouldn't have (omniscience). Powergaming is your character forcing actions they shouldn't be able to (omnipotence).
Both could also be attributed to contrived convenience, (e.g. Just happening to speak some foreign language despite never leaving their hometown with no explanation, Just happening to have a whole entourage of NPC guards, Just happening to have a relevant item to the RP one would have no reason to carry, Coincidentally better at everything than everyone else in the room.).

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No way, Jose!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Oi', that is a bit of proprietary information. I've a cat named Thomas and he's a little shit but I love him. Two dogs named Lily and Chloe. Sometimes I like to make OCs and every once in a blue moon I like to draw. I work in roofing and that is...it's an okay business.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Some Minecraft Builds:

Hanok House
Korean Buddhist Temple
Gyeongdong Market
Micronation of Melongrad

Minecraft Avian Skin:

Brown Bird
Gray Beauty

Yellow Gilgaroon

Artwork of my old character, Gilgaroon:

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
TheBananasaurus referred me to your server because he told me that you had a bird race (Makani) and knows how much I love birds.

-----

Character Name:
Fireday, named after their day of birth.

Character Age:

Character Race:
Caparii

Appearance:
Fireday is a short Caparii with spotted blonde fur on his legs. He typically wears a hempen kurta or tunic for his everyday wear, with them being rather drab and beige.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Skin is a work in progress, but will still generally fit the description.

Written Test!
On the 6th day of the 2nd week into the 5th month, a child was born to a Caparri village. Born to a mother laboring in a hut while the rest of the village toiled the fields in preparation for next harvest. Her only company was the midwife as her husband was off travelling to Storm's Landing and her family in the fields. The pain and blood was painful, but were not the forefront of her thoughts.

As she gnawed on a rag to block out the pain, her only thoughts were that of the husband and the baby. Wondering when he will return, wondering what to name the baby. She wanted to escape what felt like perdition just to hold both of them in her arms. The midwife kept aiding to help her persevere. Eventually the pain was over and the cries of a faint babe could be heard, the mother could barely work a faint smile to see the new child she brought into the world.

The midwife encouraged the mother to wait at least two fortnights before naming the child. As an older woman she believed it to be an ill omen to name a child before their survival was ensured, having delivered many children herself and burying far too many. Such a grim thought clouded her mind and made the smile fade away, as she was already thinking of names.

The next month was was very hard work for the family. The husband still has yet to return from his journey but no one was waiting on him to continue their life. Seeds still needed to be sewn, animals needed to be cared for, tools needed to be repair, and rugs needed to be beaten. Everyone took part in these chores with the added task of caring for the infant. The baby seemed healthy enough so far, to the relief of its mother.

One night when feeding the baby, an all too familiar knock was tapping at the door. Wondering who it might be at this hour, the mother gave the baby to one of the family while she readied a weapon for the potential bandit or thief. She asked who it was through the door, but the voice was too muffled from the thick oaken wood.

She cracked the door so ever slightly and could see a silhouette.

It said, "What? Won't even let your dear husband through the door, you've not remarried have you my love?"

In a sarcastic tone she she said, "Of course not, no man would want a woman having your spawn! Now...come in, you've gave me a fright there's someone you aught meet."

The husband went in and the mother called that it was safe to come out. The small family gathered with the child in tow, presenting it to the now returned father.

The mother held up the babe and introduced them, "This is your new son, his name is Fireday. Named for the day he came to the world." with a bright smile.

The father replied, "Why, the babe is as beautiful as his mother! I'm so terribly sorry I've not been around love...It took some haggling, work, and a chain of misfortunate mishaps, but I've summat special. "

He went to pull out a package, and in it was a hempen tunic that was finely sewn with embroidery from Storm's Landing. It was not fancy by any means. Its material was very practical and its colors were boring.

He then went to say, "I think he'll take some time to grow intae it, but I hope he'll like it."

The mother kissed him softly and reassured him with a smile, "He will, now how about you sit down to eat?". . .

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Works for me Ruby !!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+