Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sanctuaries

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
+Amongst the peaceful forests within the Kingdom of Hierax, they say a watchful presence protects a carefully hidden grove...+
@DraconDarknight

+A light shines through the Shrine of Korog within the Lands of Hound-Ru, and it is rumored that those very lands are protected by His Might...+
@Goldengem25

+The mountain of Irrcrawn sits in frozen silence, now sworn to be undisturbed by their watchful Protector...+
@Lannis

+

OOC note: The Deities on your side aren't useless, and enough people have independently figured this out that I believe its well for release.

Last edited:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
+Amongst the peaceful forests within the Kingdom of Hierax, they say a watchful presence protects a carefully hidden grove...+
@DraconDarknight

+A light shines through the Shrine of Korog within the Lands of Hound-Ru, and it is rumored that those very lands are protected by His Might...+
@Goldengem25

+

OOC note: The Deities on your side aren't useless, and enough people have independently figured this out that I believe its well for release.
I /Think/ I know what this is
Would I be right @CatalysTftw ?

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Well, I simply do not feel "deities on your side" do enough, in comparison to "deities on their side". Making an enemy invincible doesn't make them any more fun; quite the opposite, and making your strongest allies just sit there and promise aid someday just leads to frustration. Help isn't obvious enough, since the Corruption can continue to spread and can teleport using corrupted gods at will, which in turn is extremely annoying. Say what you want about finding things out in RP, but incentive to do so just isn't there.
At least, to me.

Michcat

Well, I simply do not feel "deities on your side" do enough, in comparison to "deities on their side". Making an enemy invincible doesn't make them any more fun; quite the opposite, and making your strongest allies just sit there and promise aid someday just leads to frustration. Help isn't obvious enough, since the Corruption can continue to spread and can teleport using corrupted gods at will, which in turn is extremely annoying. Say what you want about finding things out in RP, but incentive to do so just isn't there.
At least, to me.
That seems to be a problem with your allies, bro. I have no idea where you got this "making someone invincible" from ^^
The corruption spreads from a visible point, and I have no clue where you got this "teleport using corrupted gods at will" thing from- because thats.. really silly, and whoever told you that is also silly. In fact, no corrupted god has actually 'teleported' any corrupted person.
If you're upset things aren't going well but have no incentive to find out how to help yourself, I got no idea how to advise you. The people mentioned above contacted me almost a month ago, with well thought-out and very nicely executed plans.

"Help isn't obvious enough"?
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/how-to-summon-a-deity.27843/

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I said what I wanted to say, and will not dwell on the subject until proper review of the whole series of events can be made.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
To be fair, Polo - Before your most recent failure, you got IC advise from someone who has successfully experimented a great deal and maintained contact with everybody on how, precisely, to go about the process you were trying to do, and, based on what I've heard of the business, proceeded to do almost exactly the opposite of that.

I feel the need to call this out at this point. What, exactly, were you expecting?

I literally do not understand this - you were told /explicitly/ exactly what you needed to take into account, ignored it, and then complained about it?

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Then I was told that it's a bad idea OOC by couple of people. Besides, because of time zones, I had nothing to go on the next day because the last day we had to cut the RP in half as we both had to go. Thinking about it, would those great tips work too? I seriously doubt it.

One thing I didn't expect was metagaming that took place.

Michcat

Then I was told that it's a bad idea OOC by couple of people. Besides, because of time zones, I had nothing to go on the next day because the last day we had to cut the RP in half as we both had to go. Thinking about it, would those great tips work too? I seriously doubt it.

One thing I didn't expect was metagaming that took place.
I can grab logs and fully prove that no metagaming (Or teleportation, where'd'ja get that from?) took place, bro. I know you may feel upset that your efforts weren't as successful as they could have been, but that isn't the fault of "metagaming". You were literally bold-facedly told IC by people who've made the same mistake you did what not to do. They experienced the exact same failure :p

Michcat

some'un else figured it out

+The mountain of Irrcrawn sits in frozen silence, now sworn to be undisturbed by their watchful Protector...+