Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Conquest Resource-pack

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant

Update on Custom Weapons & Armour

As you all know by now, Conquest 1.12 came with the lovely addition of extra item textures that can be gained by renaming items. But to keep things in line and help with immersion some things are not allowed, and I'd like to thank Cap and Archbishop both for helping with making a list of what is and isn't allowed. Me being me, I went out of the way to download the pdf of the custom weapons and removed the ones listed by Arch here [X]. But all that aside here's the link to the HW lore specific lists.
[X] Weapons
[
X] Armour
Custom weapons and Armour
Step 1: look at the lists linked above.
Step 2: Whatever item you want has a little grey box [...]. In there are the items that you can use for that specific custom texture.
Step 3: Take said item and rename it to whatever it's called through an Anvil. As by MC standard, this costs 1 level of XP.
Step 4: Be the Ahnald knight waving a zweihander you always wanted to be.

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Solus Tiberione
Request since the new conquest features Metadata again:
Can we pls get a Plugin that allows us players to change block metadata? Staff wanted to introduce one way back, but it somehow got lost in time...

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Solus Tiberione
Request since the new conquest features Metadata again:
Can we pls get a Plugin that allows us players to change block metadata? Staff wanted to introduce one way back, but it somehow got lost in time...
Sadly that won't work. MetaData is still a 1.7 thing. What we have now is items with different textures based on a name. This can't be done with blocks due to when you place them they become their normal Minecraft version/name.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Oh boy
I tried to install Forge 1.12.2 to my Mac using the universal download, it seems it doesn't want to be installed in my computer. Will I have any problems cause of using an earlier forge..? 1.10.2, for reference.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Oh boy
I tried to install Forge 1.12.2 to my Mac using the universal download, it seems it doesn't want to be installed in my computer. Will I have any problems cause of using an earlier forge..? 1.10.2, for reference.
yeah- using 1.10.2 forge means you're still using minecraft 1.10.2, aka you cant login to the server. Do you got any idea what one you used to install the 1.10 version?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Sadly that won't work. MetaData is still a 1.7 thing. What we have now is items with different textures based on a name. This can't be done with blocks due to when you place them they become their normal Minecraft version/name.
The metadata of a block is a number between 0 and 15 (Four bits) which is stored along with the block when the world is saved. With this metadata you can either give a block several different types (like the different colours of wool) or you can store for example the rotation of the block (like with stairs or pistons).

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Java_Edition_data_values
If you are curious.

It is possible to make a tool that manipulates placed blocks data to different damage value variants.

From Baron 's experiments one can also do really fun things with block.entity.

Ex:
WoodExample.JPG

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
The metadata of a block is a number between 0 and 15 which is stored along with the block when the world is saved. With this metadata you can either give a block several different types (like the different colours of wool) or you can store for example the rotation of the block (like with stairs or pistons).

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Java_Edition_data_values
If you are curious.

It is possible to make a tool that manipulates placed blocks data to different damage value variants.

From Baron 's experiments one can also do really fun things with block.entity.
Welp I take back what I said, most which came out of my ass because I didnt do research and just say something I believed

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Now I'm curious how worlddata is stored and loaded since I've never looked deeply into it. I might give a poke into it.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
yeah- using 1.10.2 forge means you're still using minecraft 1.10.2, aka you cant login to the server. Do you got any idea what one you used to install the 1.10 version?
idk but I have 1.10 installed but I can still log in and do everything lmao

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
idk but I have 1.10 installed but I can still log in and do everything lmao
you can still log in to the server with your 1.10? babe just add me on skype/discord and I'll help you out. Sankera.sankie for skype and Sankera#0174 for Discord

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
.mca files, which contain Regions and Chunks. A Region is 32x32 chunks and a Chunk is 16x16x256 blocks.

Chunks are compressed normally, and decompress to NBT-encoded structures.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I now know all the wonderful internal nitty-gritty of how minecraft saves the map.

There is, unsurprisingly, very little optimization in terms of space-saving, the one conceit being that if particular 16x16x16 segments are completely empty it doesn't reserve that memory section.

Much is explained.

TIL: The longer cumulative players have spent time in a chunk, the nastier the stuff it tries to spawn in it. Saved for each and every chunk. (Ie, 2 players spend 2 hours in a chunk == 4 Cumulative hours.) I thought this was kinda neat and figured I'd share it.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I can’t find %appdata% and even if I go to .minecraft there isn’t a mods folder...

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
YAY SHIELDS

I hope they won’t ruin the banners on the shields tho.