Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

SantaSeva's Application [Declined-Ayda]

SantaSeva

Lord of Altera
Sseva_
Sseva_
1. What is your Minecraft username?
SantaSeva

2. How old are you?
Fifteen

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, although there was a lot to read, I hope that I can live up to the seemingly heavy expectations of the server.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is, put simply, the use of outside information to influence roleplay. Powergaming is when someone, normally wanting to be the “main character”, makes themselves the center of attention by making themselves immensely powerful, and sometimes in the possession of skills they shouldn’t have.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Just picking one at random: Niko, or SirNicholas14.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well I’m just a normal high school student. I’m a pretty basic person, not really much to say. I go out with friends frequently, but I’ve been getting kind of bored, which is why I’m applying to the server. I guess it’s safe to say I’m a fan of good lore and stories, my main hobby itself is writing little short stories. I guess I’m just a guy who’s a fan of worlds other than ours.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Like I said previously, I like writing a lot, I even have some short stories that I’ve somewhat written. To be honest, I don’t really think they’re good enough to show off here, I guess you can just judge my writing ability with the story I have to write in the character section.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was referred this server a long, long time ago, and I just recently found it when searching for roleplay servers, so I decided to give it a shot.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Aeris Lynn

Character Age:
Seventeen

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
She’s a girl, even though I’m a guy, trying something new. She has a fairly basic appearance. She’s pale, with black hair and dark grey eyes. She wears a pale blue simple dress, the kind you would see in a any medieval content. To put it simply, until she progresses as a character, she looks like any average npc.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Aeris Lynn Skin Picture.PNG

Written Test!
The morning was calm, the branches of trees shaking back and forth, and a slight chill in the air from the first touches of winter. Frost had snaked its way up the window, causing a intricate display of shadow fractals to rest on the ground of the stuffy room. Aeris Lynn lay awake in bed, the -- although lumpy -- straw mattress underneath her a relief after weeks of sleeping on the cold ground outside. She swatted some strands of charcoal colored hair out of her eyes and sat up slowly, taking a whiff of air to see what the inkeep had prepared for the patrons for breakfast. It had been three weeks since she had fled her previous home. She could still remember the small, dusty cottage, it’s walls smelling of the cedars and oaks it had been constructed with. She had lived with her father, a Wash-out Cogitation apprentice who had fled from his previous master after his failure. He had never informed Aeris of what he had done, the only thing he had ever told her was that he dared not use the magic again. Whenever she questioned him, he simply stated, “Magic is not normal. It is a force that no one but the masters should attempt to attain. My story attests to that.” Aeris felt a sigh escape her lips, the memories of her father almost too much to bear. Three weeks ago, he had done the unthinkable. In an effort to help pay for their living expenses, he had accepted a job to use his magic on a large scale. The sight of his brains leaking out of his ears was enough to drive Aeris to leave that town for good. A day after her father’s accident, she had packed a knapsack full of the few material belongings she had, and set out to look for greener pastures, which had ultimately led her to the inn she had spent the night in. A large clank from downstairs, most likely the stable boy tripping over the soup pot in the kitchen again, roused Aeris from the slow simmering of negative memories in her mind. She rubbed the back of her head and frustratedly slipped out of her cocoon, the white woolen blanket falling somewhat lopsidedly back onto the bed. A slow creaking sound filled the air as she absentmindedly opened the wardrobe and pulled out the clothes she had tucked away the night before. She slipped on the white undergarments and a faded blue dress her father had bought her a month prior, teetering towards the door sleepily. She made her way downstairs, and glanced around the somewhat deserted tavern, before pushing her way out the door. She took a couple steps out of the tavern, and let a breath of fresh air find its way into her lungs. Another day, another adventure, and adventures can lead anywhere.

(P.S. Thank you for your consideration, sorry if the story is unimpressive!)

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!

✦ Your definition of powegaming is very close but incorrect. Please look at { this thread } and try again.
✦ Your written story mentions magic in it, and a direct linage of magic to your character as the magic user is her father. We request that magic not be mentioned in the backstory as it needs to be looked into ICly, and it's not supposed to be "common knowledge." It would be best to remove the magical aspect entirely however and while the death of her father is still alright, maybe possibly from some form of illness or something similar.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart

I'm going to decline this application, due to slow response time, and repeated mistakes in the application.
You're absolutely welcome to make a second application, but I recommend doing so after taking a few days to familiarize yourself with your mistakes on this application, as well as the actual requirements themselves.
I think you will be able to get some good results, and I hope to see you apply for a second time.

Thanks for your interest, and your patience, we hope to see you again!