Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Scroll's Total War Shenanigans

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
Eyo. I'm a huge fan of the Total War series, and decided to follow up an inspiration with sharing my campaign(s).
Not being a civil nor military genius will surely going to make my life in the game horrible, but at least, I still got some knowledge when it comes to tactics.

I'll try to slam updates in as often I can, but, can't promise anythig.

Rome 2 Divide et Impera | Rome Campaign Part 1
I decided to punish myself with some Rome 2 DeI campgain. For those who don't know divide et impre, this mod makes the game 10x harder. You have to account for population, more harsh coditions and politcs aswell. I picked Rome since, the game is literally called Rome 2.

This was the starting situation I found myself in:

start.png

I found myself at war with the Etruscan League to my north and Epirus to the south.
After opening some trade routes with the nearby nations and making sure Carthage minds its own business for the time being I opted to march with Legio I Appolinaris into the etruscan territories and lay siege to the town of Arretium. Since the town had no walls I assaulted instantly which was met with a sally out by the defenders. (Can't provide any battle screenshots since this phase of the campgain is really in the past)

/Battle of Arretium\
Following roman traditions I set up my forces in a triplex acies formation. With the skirmishers in the front for maximum effect.
letöltés (1).jpg
Legio I:
-1 hastati + 2 mercenary unit
-3 principes
-2 triarii
-4 italian slingers
-my boi general's bodyguard

Using my general for scouting I marched my main force behind the hills to cover my advance to the hilltop. The sallied out etruscan forces slightly outnumbered me with the citizens and town guards reinforcing the main garrison. Hoping to fight the battle on my terms I harrased the enemy skirmishers and light infantry with my general's horsemen.

Taking the hilltop I revealed my forces to the enemy forcing them to advance up. Due to my general's horse skirmish most of their skirmishers were either dead our running for their lives at this point, so my slingers were unopposed mostly. Before the advancing enemy infantry made contact with my skirmisher I retreared them behind my infantry and let the enemy clash into my first line.

In the ensuing bloodbath I used hammer&anvil tactics with my general to slowly work away the enemy numbers and moral and maneuvered my slingers to the flanks of the enemy troops to give them some punishment.

The battle came to a quick conclusion after the enemy general was stoned to death by my slingers and their army was running for what's worth.

Conclusion: My own modification of the triplex arcies worked out well with more space between the units giving more freedom of movement. Hammer&Anvil tactics were used properly on my side and forcing the enemy to fight under my terms worked out pretty well. Recalling right I had really light casualties while the etruscan lost most of their army(future battle will have numbers). My only mistake was the overuse of my general's cavalry rendering them useless by the battle ended.
\ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||/

With the Battle of Arretium won, I secured my northern front for the time being, still wary of the alpine gauls. Focusing my attention on Epirus I moved Legio II Adiutrix to Beneventum to train some more troops. Epirus smelling blood sent a small contingent to siege Cosentia(without consent hahaha). Knowing this is a battle I cannot hope to win I decided to give them a costly victory with what the garrison could offer. It wasnt long the city's streets were soaked with roman blood, and vengeance was fellt throughout the republic.

epat.png

I wasted no time and a move my newly built up Legio II to retake the rightful roman territoy fueled by vengeance. In the mean time Legio I replenish and started to make its way south, raising 4 units of equites cavalry.

epat2.png

/Battle of Cosentia\

The enemy forces once again sallied out to meet me on the fields outside. The terrain favored the enemy, giving the the higher ground and granting them in addition defences. After thinking throught the battleplan I placed my forced out of sight of the epirusian main army.

With the help of my general's bodyguard and hired mercenary cavalry I harrased the enemy forces enough to reposition, while my main forces were hiking their way to the other side of the mountain out of sight.

After dealing with some enemy attempt to kill my cavalry I descended on the enemy army's back with full force. By the time they realised I was marching on their back, their formation fell apart, units running to every direction, trying to reform. My cavalry ran trought their skirmisher's like knife trough butter my own slingers punished their hoplites and pikemen until they managed to advance up on my lines.

Using the tested strategy I fell back with the skirmishers and let the battle play out like at Arretium, avenging the fallen defenders of Cosentia.

Conclusion: It was a good call to commit to the huge flank and using my cavalry to hold their attention, tho I'm certain if this battle would'v been againt a player, it would've ended so well differently. In the end I lost more man here than at Arretium, but this can be factored to the lower quality of my troops.
\|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||/

And with the Cosentia was retaken and for the time Epirus was denied a military presence on the italian boot. Legio I making its way south set camp at Beneventum, while Legio II replenished its losses. Using my spy I scouted out the epirusian forces in Taras. A full stack army with war elephants were sitting in the city's docks. I was suspecting they were planning to move to Beneventum, since my army was tied down at Cosentia and they were unaware of the hastly march of Legio I. I opted to set up and ambush midway to Beneventum.

epat3.png

To my suprise they fell for it. The army led by the epirusian king Pyrrhus(namesake of a phyrric victory) waltzed trought the south italian fields heading to siege down Beneventum. Legio I, now fully brought up with proper cavalry descended upon the unaware marching epiruisans with full force. The enemy forces melted away at the sudden effect, scrambling for their lives, to no avail as my newly recruited cavalry ran trough them as they were fleeing. Having killed the king himself in the battle chaos reigned. Utter bloodbath, and a devastating defeat to Epirus. In no time Legio I was chasing down the suvivors of this blunder. The remnants Pyrrhus's army, now led by his soon, set camp outside of Taras, unaware that he played into my hands with this. Days after the annihilation of the epirusian forces I met the remnants in battle, who dragged out the city guards as reinforcements.

epat4.png
/Battle of the Field of Taras\

With the epirusian blunder of dragging the city guard out, I used my cavalry to make short work of the Pyrrhus junior and focused my main forces on the town guard. The lightly equiped hoplites we're closing fast, setting up my troops in the well tested triplex arcies I awaited them while I micromanaged my cavalry.

The town citizens were the first ones to attack, not even getting close enough as my slingers made short work of them, due to to the lack of armor. In the second wave the hoplites charged in, encircling some of my hastati. To relieve them from the pressure I surged forward the principes units and put pressure on the enemy flank with slingers while my cavalry was reforming in the distance to return.

My opponents pressure started to waver under the unbreakable strength of the roman infantry when my cavalry executed hammer&anvil once again and in waves pounded into the enemy's flank and back several times decimating their numbers with every charge. Until the enemy was fleeing once again.

Conclusion: Catching the enemy in this spot gave me an upper hand both tactically and strategically, making my time sieging down Taras easier. Following the mod's name I made sure I delt with the smaller group first before I focused on, on the other threath. Hammer&Anvil was executed well again, the enemy had no chance to win in this battle as their quality was utter garbage.
\||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||/

And with that the Epirus once again was denied military presence. The siege of Taras was nothing else, just the citizens opening the gates since no garrison was present at this point due to my handiwork. Shortly after the roman banner and eagle were set up in Taras, and southern italy united under the SPQR Epirus signed peace as more hellenic matter home gave them a hard time. It was peace for our time. But peace is fragile. Carthage didn't take it my southern adventures well, and realtions started to worsen between the two republic. I took my time and moved Legio II back to Rome and equiped it with proper quality and quantity units, as a means of preperation on what's to come. Trade deals with other nations were signed and a non-agression pact with Athen and Sparta. As my budget increased I pushed a large amount of denars into civil projects to increase my future income. I also medled with politics a bit, sending out diplomats all around the Mare Nostrum and strenghtening my party's sttanding in the senate.

Still not being happy with my open northern border, I moved Legio II north to stand garrison on the border off of Arretium, while I set Legio I just outside of Cosentia. Trouble came fast as Syracuse changed our relations to open war, what I would consider my southern aggresive expeditions. Using spies and agents I learned that Syracuse was in a sorry state after their main army had been sunk at sea by the carthaginian navy. Moving swiftly I marched down with Legio I and met the remnants of that army just outside the city. A situation similar to Taras happened with me capturing the city after the garrison laid dead outside. With this I had a foothold on the island of Syracuse. And with this, my relations with Carthage have worsened to the state of war. Thus the First punic wars, have, begun.

corrent.png
20211017165953_1.jpg

Legio I with about 2500 man awaiting the carthaginian army, numbering around 8500. Luckily the bigger portion of the carthaginian was still in Carthage as they had their own wars to fight. Evaluating my option I set an ambush and words of raising a third Legion is in the air.

Last edited:

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
Rome 2 Divide et Impera | Rome Campaign Part 2

We continue where we left off, awaiting the carthaginian response to the roman conquest in the south. The senate approves the raising of another legion, thus Legio III Victrix is established in Rome and swiftly moved north to take Legio II's postion, while the latter heads south to assist in the roman war effort.

victrix.png

And thus my trap was sprung again as an entire carthaginian army, numbering 4300 men walked into the set ambush. On the downside Legio I only consisted of roughly 3000 men, but I've won worse battles(foreshadowing), so I readied the ambush.

/Battle of Ragusa\

Due to being outnumbered, and the factor which.. well, could be considered troublesome I set up my forces on a hilltop to face the enemy army in a defensive battle, while my cavalry cleaned up the enemy skirmishers in the back lines.

20211017222253_1.jpg

The previously mentioned factor, were 36 cute animals, that are called elephants. As the battle begun, I mnagaed to split the enemy forces as a portion of their phalanx infantry chased after my cavalry while my main forces withstood the bloodfueled rage of the elephants. Legion I wasnt fully replenished thus it was long some of my hastati began to break up and flee the battlefield, but my principes and triarii held out, slaying the enemy by the numbers.

Unfortunatly the enemy cavalry found a way around my troops as my own was caught up dealing with the enemy phalanx infantry. Fortunatly my back line infantry proved enough to avert disaster and repelled back the enemy horsemen.

As the enemy elephants fell, my lines stabilized, just in time for my cavalry to return. Executing hammer&anvil, I charged into the enemy back lines several times, chipping away on their morale while I rallied my troops with my general. It wasnt long the enemy forces started to break up and one-by-one route.

Cleaning up most of the fleeing enemies with my equites the battle was won, but at a rather costly prize.

Conclusion: The ambush worked out well again, but due to being outnumbered I was forced to take the defensive this time. I suspect I should've not used triplex arcies, as my forces we're bunched up in a smaller area, giving the enemy a smaller front of fuel the numbers into. My cavalry was held off too long which resulted in the route of some of my units. But all in all, it was a well deserved victory, losing only 800 men while the carthaginian army lost 3400 men, their war effort was set back, but for how long?
\|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||/

The battle was won, but I suffered losses which I could not allow. Luckily Legio II wasnt far by this point and theres was no carthaginian army on the island, so I decided to relieve Legio I by bringing them back to the mainland to replenish. Legio II taking its place, I opted to fortigy myself just outside the city.

20211017165943_1.png

A few turns passed, giving some breathing time for the Legions while Carthage prepared another attempt to seize Syracuse. In the mean time another influx of money arrived which made my realise. The war wont end if we keep battling on land. Thus the first roman navy was established in Syracuse, Classis I Vulcanus. It wasnt long the carthaginian menace returned with another full stack army, facing my encamped forces head on.

/Second Battle of Ragusa\

20211017231447_1.jpg

Now this battle, was a rather big one, as another 3400 men strong carthaginian army came down on the brave roman soldiers. Legion II numbering 2800 men would've been outnumbered, but with the help of the city garrison, I was able to field 4300 men. Downside, it took time for the reinforcements to arrive.

Setting up my defences just outside the entrance, I prepared my triarii, to take the first line, with my principes supporting them close behind, while my hastati were guarding the flank, hoping I could sally them out to hit the enemy army in the flank.

My campanian cavalry and equites managed to wipe the enemy archers while keeping a portion of the opposing hoplites away from the main fight. My triarii fought hard, holding in phalanx, and with the help of the camp towers and slingers the elephants fell quickly, taking few casualties with them.

Disaster struck after my right wing triarii started to crumble under the pressure of a 1000 swordsmen, but reinforcements arrived just in time, to deter the carthaginian forces from assaulting the opening. In the end my triarii had to fall back, letting my principes finish off the remaning assaulter, leaving the fleeing enemies to the steel of my hersemen.

Conclusion: Despite being outnembered for the first half of the battle, and the presence of 3 elephant units, my army held out well. The only mistake I made, was that I didn't retreated my triarii in time, leaving them with serious losses, but, hell they killed 1200 men. Using my cavalry again to hold of a portion of the enemy army worked out well again, tho it required my constant attention to micro their movement.
\|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||/

Carthage once again was thrown back by the might of the roman army leaving a small opening to retaliate for their advance on rightful roman claims. But leaning into more of a roleplay part, Legio II's general, a 50 year old praetor, I decided to be cautious and wait for Legio I to return, so I can attack with greater numbers. In the mean time, Classis I was being built up ship-by-ship.

2 years went by in a constant stalemate as neihter Carthage, nor I didn't advance into enemy territory. A small syracusan rebellion rose up, but nothing that the legios can't handle. And thus, came the year 270 BC.

For Carthage the year 270 BC was an utter disaster. Their army stationed on the island of sicily headed out, back to Carthage, for what I'd assume reinforcing, leaving their settlements on the island undefended. The waiting game played out, and my legions desencded upon the ungarded enemy territory with full force. The siege of Akragas was a walk in the park, as the combined strength of both legions wiped away the 3000 men strong garriosn, suffering only 400 casualties.

With this Legio II captured Akragas, and Legio I advanced onward to siege down the only carthaginian holding in Sicily, Panormos.

/Siege of Panormos\

20211017165943_1.png

With my forces rady to wipe the last carthaginian presence from Sicily I assaulted the town, this time trying a modified version of triplex arcies again. Instead of the checkered pattern I set up my forces directly behind each other, leaving alleys between ever collum, my skirmishers in the fron as usual.

The garrison's navy decided to land its troops in the flank of my main forces. Using my cavalry to fend of the lightly armored marines I focused in on the main fight. My slinngers made shrot work of the light troops. Once the medium and heavy troops advanced up on the main lines I fell back the slingers in the pre-made alleys let the slaughter begin. M cavalry was caught up with the enemy marines and cavalry for a while, letting an enemy horse contingent to swoop around my flank and hit one of the slingers before my triarii intercepted them, forcing a them the flee.

After dealing with the enemy cavalry, and my own cav cleared their situation, I engaged into hammer&anvil tactics once again, with the usual results the garrison forces were running in no time, and with this Carthage have been denied the Island of Sicily.

Conclusion:
Modified triplex arcies worked well, only mistake on my part was, that I used my entire cavalry forces to intercept the marines, letting the enemy flank around me. Otherwise clean victory with minimal 200 men losses.
\|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||/

With this the island of Sicily have been conquered. But sadly for Carthage, their mos humiliating defeat, was just about to come. I noticed the arm that was previously stationed in Akragas in the open sea, on the way to the capital itself. Encouraged by my previous victories I decided to risk it, and sent Classis I after this army. Consisting only of 5 ships the roman navy was about to face a 20 ship strong transport fleet. Luckily, they were transport ships, which ment, they posessed no rammin power.

Unleashing the wrath of the roman sailors upon the enemy fleet, I swopped in and began to ram and sink their ships one-by-one, falling back after every hit, so they wouldn't be able to board my ships. My ships being faster, I made distance after every strike and forced the enemy fleet to relocate and reposition their ships, attacking everytime their formation fell into chaos. Due to heavy missile attacks one of my ships routed from the battle, mixing up my formation. Disaster nearly struck as two of my ships got boarder, one of them being the admiral's.

But the two other free ships circled around the boarding ships and sunk them after several rams, freeing my admiral. Sadly the other ship didnt make it out, but the nible sacrifice of those sailors will always be remembered.

As time passed the enemy fleet was getting smaller by the moment. As the general's ship was sunk the transport fleet began to collapse, until theres was no carthaginian ships above the water.

A devastating defeat for Carthage, losing an entire amry to 500 roman sailors.

20211018014015_1.png

With the island secured and the seas cleared for the time being. The state of the First Punic War so far favores the romans. With Classis I devastating victory, it is time for the roman navy to grow and for the republic to expand to the neighbouring island of Crorsica and Sardinia.

Attachments

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
I've lost the save so uh. I guess fin for this one? Don't worry theres 5 more different TWs in my library, I'll think of something.

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
ITS ROUND TWO.

divider.png

banner.png

title.png

Rome 2 Divide et Impera | Macedon Campaign
Chapter 1 | The Hellas Blitz

divider.png
Oh we are so back. After being the co-partner in a Rome 2 Campaign with a friend, I had the urge to return to punishing myself with Divide et Impera more.
BUT, not with the romans as, let's be frank, they are a pushover and very easy to play as, and we all think about the empire every week, so let's not add into that more.
But who are we playing as then?
THE ONE AND ONLY.
LONG STICK SUPREMACY.
GORDIAN KNOT CUTTING.

Its's- it's Macedon, It's Macedon.
MACEDON.

Aside from shitposting( oh there'll be plenty) I'll try my best to keep the content good quality and generally better than the previous campaign with more RP and Lore. I've been told and had experienced that, Macedon is not an easy faction to play, especially if you mess up the beginning so, I'll try my best to avoid a premature end to the campaign and go as far as I can go in it.
And what is our goal?
I don't think I need to tell that...

divider.png

1697340951214.png

The Year, is 277 BC.
It's been more then 5 decades since the death of Alexander the Great and the Partition of Babylon.
Since then, the fromer Empire had crumbled and collapsed into civil war, dynastic struggles and unmached ambitions.
The fierce rivalries and conflicts between the successor states brought in a time of instability.
But alas, following the Battle of Lysimachia, the Kingdom of Macedon now firmly sits in the hands of the Antigonid dynasty.
Ruled by Antigonous II Gonatas.

But the storm is not weathered yet.
Whilst the power now firmly sits in the hand of one dynasty, such power needs to be protected.
To the north and east, gallic tribes are eyeing up our lands, with only shaky treaties and hopes keeping them at bay.
To the south, the Hellenic City States, whilst allied to us, watch us with a weary eye, waiting for a moment to break camp and seize an opportunity.
And to the west, King Phyrrus wages his war against a threat far greater that we could face right now...
Our army in shambles, and our people unsatisfied with our leadership.
This, is a crisis, waiting to break free...

But crises can be averted.

divider.png

Taking the initiative of the interbellum lull, one thing was clear.
Time, was not on our side, and such is, we had to take the fight to our enemies before they had the strength to do so.
But who was the best option to take?
Pushing into the northern frontier with what we have to carve out Thracia, and expell the gauls?
Perhaps surge on Phyrrus and reclaim Appolonia?
Or put our hellenic brothers in place?

Many options, many outcomes...
But only one of them proved to be the right choice.
Having amassed sufficient funds for a singular army, it was all or nothing.
And luckily, we knew our opponents hands.

Antigonous took to the field, raising the banners of The Spears of Ares and mustered what little recruits we could.
In the mean time, several trades routes were opened with neighbours close and afar, to sustain the coming campaign.
Bringing the army up to rougly 1300 soldiers with the help of mercenaries, the time had come to strike.
Wihtout wasting time anymore time, the decision was made.
Hellas will be pacified.

1697347204457.png

divider.png

B A T T L E O F L A R I S S A
(Author's note: I'll try to make some neat, wikipedia-esq battle maps on the future posts, for now I only have screenshots.)

Arriving to Larissa, the defending forces had met us in advance outside the city by a collection of smaller hills and forests.
Whilst outnumbered almost 2:1, the better troop quality and quantity of horsemen in our forces had given us better chances, we still marched on in caution.
Finding a suitable position to approach the enemy forces from was the key to our victory.

20231015034705_1.jpg
Antigonous II and the hired lancer cavalry advancing on far right flank.
Infantry can be seen hiking through the forest.

Spotting enemy movement between two hills in the center, our main body hiked behind the hill to climb it, whilst Antigonous lead the horsemen around the hills to approach from behind the supposed enemy lines.
Uppon arriving the hilltop, the single pike formation[1] was moved ahead to act as the main body of the infantry, whilst the light peltastes[2] units and hired mercenary swordsmans pivoted around them.

It didn't take long for the enemy to begin skirmishing with us, sallying forth their slingers, only to be decomated by concentrated archers and slinger fire.
Swifly routed from the field, the enemy hoplites and town guards moved foward to pressure down the pike formation.

Manouvering my peltastes formations to the left, I split the enemy attack into two groups.
One battling the pike formation and supporting swordsman, and the other fighting the peltastes.

20231015035734_1.jpg
The cavalry descends.

In this moment was when the cavalry was surged forward downhill, crashing into the back of the first group, breaking their phalanx and decimating them in the process.
Quickly pulled back, as the hoplites tried to follow after the horsemen uphill, the archers and slingers were ordered to pepper them with evertyhing in their slow ascent.
By the time they reached the hilltop, they routed.

Quickly moving the horses the relieve the peltastes, they made short work of the remaining forces, wrapping up the engagement by running down the fleeing.

Larissa, is ours.

1697346685855.png

divider.png

Following the swift victory, the region was quickly occupied and integrated into the realm.
But there was no time to waste, we had the initiative, we must march on.
After a quickly recruiting of pikemen and horsemen, in addition with more mercenaries, the army marched on towards Athens.

However, our march through Lariass didn't go unseen, with the little time we had given to Athens, they took an opportunity to avoid being besieged.
Meeting us on the road, the athenians brought forth a seizable army, reinforced by the city's garrison to thwart our campaign, and send us home.
Pitching battle, defeat was not an option.

divider.png

B A T T L E O F L A M I A

Positioned on a slope, the one to seize the hilltop would be the one to dictate the battle.
And thus our lines surged forward in double time, quickly taking the high ground before athenians could.
With our pikes stationed in the front, the peltastes were concetrated on the left flank to swing wide into the opposing hoplites.
On the right flank our horses were concantrated to drive a wedge between the main army and reinforcing garrison to conduct a defeat-in-detail.

20231015041513_1.jpg
The macedonian center siezed the hilltop before the advancing athenians. In the far right, the reinforcing army can be seen.

With pikes levelled, after noting the speed, at which the reinforcements were approaching, a decision was made to pressure down on the hill.
Advancing forward the pikes pressed forth into the hoplites whilst the peltastes began their side-attack, gradually snowballing the enemy frontline unit-by-unit.
In the mean time, the horsemen hit the reinforcement as many time they could to slow their advance, buying us valuable time.

20231015042433_1.jpg
The advance of the pikes.

Soon the athenian main group broke under the constant pressure and began fleeing the field, being easy targets to our skirmishers.
Quickly reforming to meet the battered reinforcements, the combined attack of the pikes, peltastes and horsemen made short work of the lower quality garrison army.
Chasing down the survivors, the road to Athens laid open.

With the garrison decimated the city was swiftly captured.

divider.png

276 BC had arrived.
In less then a year, Antigonous II had successfully lead a lightning campaign into the heart of Hellas.
Disarming and subjugating the city states, with no real resistance to prove strong enough.
But one more state remained.
Sparta.

And whilst the campaigning went well, back home in Pella, the populace still fellt their voice unheard, their needs untended to.
With no king to oversee them, nor army to stomp out their rabbling.
Rebellion was at hand.

And whilst the decision of continuing the campaign, or abandoning it to clamp down the possibly rebellion was beginning to form.
The spartans had decided to make that choice in our stead, attacking the army outside Athens.
With the city's garrison still revovering from our handiwork, we sallied out to meet them in the field, hoping to outmanouver them, and snowball them into chaos.

divider.png

B A T T L E O F A T H E N S

Setting up the main body perpendicular to a hill, with the horses staioned atop with the peltastes placed inbetween the hill and the pikemen, the plan was simple.
Engage the spartan main line with the pikemen by surging forward, and whilst bogging them down, sallying forward with the peltastes into their side nad back.
Aftering peppering them with javelins charging in to stop them from retreating and charge downhill with the cavalry to fully encircle them.

And as the center began their struggle, the spartans tried to overwhelm the peltastes by pressuring more and more hoplites into them.
Taking the opportunity, the cavalry descended downhill.

20231015044749_1.jpg
King Antigonous II leading charge into the spartan masses.

The impact of the charge broke their formations and scattered them enough to let the peltastes swoop in and break down the hoplites on the flank, opening up the spartan back,
Sweeping in with the rest of the horses, we began to envelope the entire spartan army, blocking their retreat with iron.

20231015044910_1.jpg
The last of the hoplites being eveloped.

With the death of the spartan king, it all fell apart to them, the feared warriors of sparta fleeing for their lives.
Many of them would never leave the field.

divider.png

With victory achieved over Sparta, an opportunity laid open.
Ceasing the city would lessen the burden of taxes on Pella and calm the populace.
Aswell put an end to the last of the city states on the peninsula, strenghtening out standing.

And as luck would have it, the tale of our swift conquest had went far and wide enough to invite more nations to open trade routes with us.
With the additional funds, taxation was lifted from Pella and The Sword of Ares marched into Sparta, sweeping aside the garrison.
Hellas was pacified.

But the end was still far.
Whilst we had secured the south in less then a year, the North and West still posed a problem.
Pushing into Thracia would gain as breathing room economically and militarilly, establishing a frontier in the north we rely on to protect Pella.
Or, taking the initiative and ending Phyrrus's foreign war before it would spill over on us.
Understanding the possible threat that could await us.

The Sword of Ares marched on towards Appolonia.

1697352737581.png

divider.png
  1. This
  2. The peltastes were a form of light infantry equipped with spears and a peltast, which was a light weight shield. They carried javelins, bows, slings or anything to make your opponents day bad. They were highly effective due to their mobility and hitting power.​

Promised shitposting

Last edited: