Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Shrines] Sacred Groves

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
1626620171517.png
[ ART CREDIT ]
༺═──────────────────═༻
SACRED GROVES

Restoration Arc
༺═──────────────────═༻

Scattered throughout the lands are sacred shrines to those of the Pantheon, given a glimmer of power and held in higher regard after the fall of the Grand Cathedral. It is said they grant boons to those who would defend them, though some seek their destruction to further lessen their grip... They are sure to be an aid in the recovery of the living fragments, if they can be held and defended.

[ SHRINE RULES ]

Each shrine (one per god) has ‘applicable graces’ that apply once it has been claimed by those deemed worthy of it. If it is not applicable (Jishrimites are not likely to get a Shalherana or Theodra Grace for example) the Grace will simply not apply even if they claim the shrine. One character may hold one Grace at a time, whichever one they claimed or choosing which shrine you defend as your primary one. Graces apply to any character, be them a Vyre, Mage, or Unblessed. It will only apply to the claimant and stated defenders of the shrine in question however.

In order to claim a shrine, you must find it out in the wilderness, and post on this thread to state you have done so. You do not need to be of that faith to claim it, but you will not be granted the Grace if it is deemed non-compatible. You should update this thread with up to eight 'defenders' who can be summoned forth in cases of capturing or destroying attempts. These events/skirmishes will be DM'd and planned to try and work with the majority of the players involved regarding scheduling. Sometimes shrines may be attacked by non-player entities.

If it is already claimed, you must defeat the defenders, killing them or chasing them off, and then claim it for yourself. To destroy it is simple, breaking of stone and ruining it, and so on.

-

༺- Claim a shrine, and appoint up to 8 defenders. Do not claim more than one shrine as a player, but you may be a defender on up to two. -༻

༺- Two characters at maximum per player, try not to muddle the waters with your alts though. -༻
༺- One player may claim a shrine, do not claim more than one even on multiple characters to give others the opportunity to find them. -༻
༺- Post and update with those designated as defenders to the shrine you've claimed, so they may be summoned forth if needed, max 8. -༻
༺- Conflicts will be hosted at your shrines as people try to take or destroy them, be it other players or event creatures. -༻

༺- Inform the DM of intentions to claim or destroy a shrine others are defending, and an event will be planned! -༻
༺- Graces will apply to who claims a shrine (if applicable) and all its defenders, though defending a second shrine grants no second boon. -༻
༺- Players will be summoned forth to defend IC, they do not need to stay at a shrine at all times. -༻

Building Rules: Get permissions, and you can help to build realistic defenses. Ensure they're built IC and the materials and so on are RP'd accordingly. Keep in mind how long things take to construct, and where applicable place your props (chests of supplies, weapons, etc). Avoid large stone structures that would take too long.

[ SHRINE STATUS ]

SHALHERANA

"Those who hold this Grace find that with a touch they are able to heal wounds that do not require stitches, on any living creature.
This includes shallow cuts, bruises, sprains, scratches, and grazes."

Claimed by[1/1]:
Jenette Vow-Eldrin Ruu Darling
Defenders[5/7]:
Daeron, Linden, Sophie, Thordil, Frost
Jstar RagingLunacy Lovelyninja567 Jazzper Fronslin

[ Build credit to Solus ]

JISHRIM
"They pick a target within sight, and will them to see all friends and foes alike as something horrific and grotesque at the discretion of the player, for three rounds.
One target at a time, must maintain focus for the duration. "

Claimed by [0/1]:

-
Defenders[0/7]:
-
[ Build credit to Retro ]

KOROG
"They can will any type of melee weapon to appear within 5b of them, steel weapons slowly emerging up from the ground over two rounds/20 seconds.
Only one weapon at a time, a second summon replaces the first. "

Claimed by[1/1]:
Thordil Jazzper
Defenders[6/7]:
Olga, Edger, Lana, Kethron, Ventare and Nuvan
Kamaoe Edouard2000 I am Wake Heie Shao Fredolator

[ Build credit to Edouard2000 ]

SALLANA
"Upon touching a target they may restore their energy and lift their spirits, as though they'd had an hour to rest and a full meal."

Claimed by[1/1]:
Linden Silviera RagingLunacy
Defenders[4/7]:
Lana, Sophie, Milah, Frost
I am Wake Lovelyninja567 Jazzper Fronslin

[ Build credit to Lovelyninja567 ]

GREY LADY
"Upon touching a target, an ominous bell tolls, freeing them of mind altering or emotional changes for three rounds/30 seconds, one target at a time. "

Claimed by[1/1]:
Ventare Seymour Shao
Defenders[5/7]:
Ashna, Raelur, Illyrana, Milah, Boetius
Solus AzureKnights The Cartoon Witch Jazzper TheDuples

[ Build credit to Solus ]

JAX
"With a wave of their hand a golden slither appears in range, able to keep and store items within as if it's the size of a 1ft by 1ft cube."

Claimed by[1/1]:
Avalyn Juvix_
Defenders[3/7]:
Umbra, Eliss, Kethron
tyufiire7 Mudpaw11 Heie

[ Build credit to Mudpaw11 ]

THEODRA
"Upon touching a target, there is a faint flash of silver, the target finding their mind clear and perception honed enough to see through minor illusions and hallucinations
for three rounds/30 seconds, one target at a time."

Claimed by[1/1]:
Aryn Ithildran Lannis
Defenders[3/7]:
Thryss, Marian, Aelyth
Lenore mageaegis Elz
[ Build credit to Elz ]

SKRAAG
"Upon casting a piece of bone to the ground, they may grow a zombie from it over the duration of three rounds/30 seconds, three active at any one time."

Claimed by[1/1]:
Karn Clawheart Catanomical
Defenders[3/7]:
Branko, Leviathan, Xozu
Edouard2000 AionTbird Kostadim
[ Build credit to Catanomical ]

IGNIS SYNNOVE
"Any held melee weapon can be willed to hold golden flame over the blade, burning undead, unholy creatures, Vyres, and other supernatural entities."

Claimed by[1/1]:
Podric Flanders Luam
Defenders[0/7]:

[ Build credit to BoredBrit ]

VALIANT
"They can call down a flash of red or blue lightning within 5b, forming a spear that is equivalent to a mundane steel spear in the ground over two rounds/20 seconds.
Only one at a time, a second summon disperses the first. "

Claimed by[1/1]:
Monty TidalTerror
Defenders[1/7]:
Bennett
TheDeester

[ Build credit to TheDeester ]

VISAGE
"They are able to speak telepathically to others and be replied to with as many words, providing the targets are within RP range."

Claimed by[1/1]:
Luna Crow Opal
Defenders[4/7]:
James Varyn, Connor Hayden, Laisa Crow , Kadhab
TheDeester Mudpaw11 Samiwashere Olligreen

[ Build credit to Olligreen ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I'll be updating this likely tomorrow (I'm quite tired and it's been very hot today so it's not complete), but you can find shrines in game here and there. Eventually I'll give hints to them if they're not found or maybe events for small parties, since that might be easier and more fun than flying around until they're located. Graces coming soon!

AzureKnights

Lord of Altera
Hero
AzureKnights
AzureKnights
Hero
Jishrim claimed by Raelur in his search for a Shrine. Defenders will be appointed depending on those informed of the discovery.
Update: A definitive list of defenders is being set up and will be finalized soon. An ongoing list of supplies & equipment may be provided for transparency.

Defending Roster:
1. Thure kaiser_harding
2. Thryss Lenore
3. Daeron Jstar
4. Isaac Joseph12Q
5. Maebh Magic Intern
6. Euclid Niko

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Updated now, it should make a bit more sense, apologies if it doesn't. I've a few graces I need to review, but some are up there now.

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
Shalherana shrine claimed by Jenette, for White Iris, appointing Daeron as defender

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
In the case that one is OOCly aware of a shrine location, but a character has no given reason to go there. What do you do in this case? Or do the characters feel a pull towards them?

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Ignis Shrine will be claimed by Pod Flanders (as soon as I can get in game which should be within the hour)

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
In the case that one is OOCly aware of a shrine location, but a character has no given reason to go there. What do you do in this case? Or do the characters feel a pull towards them?
Claim it, and I can throw an emote or something for you to pull it to an IC discovery

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Jishrim has been claimed, but we can arrange for it to be attacked as you seek to claim it for yourselves soon, I just need current claimants defenders posted.

Also: There are a few shrines that are not 'the' shrines, and I apologise. An oversight on my part, but if you can screenshot where it is you've found I can confirm or deny if its the one.

Edit: I'll be looking into making server owned regions over the shrines, this should help

Last edited:

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Theodra shrine claim

Shao

Bring back angry react
Ventare claiming for the Grey Lady, Ashna for defence, likely more will be added in the future.
Edit* Raelur on defence too

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
If people want to organise between themselves and others claiming shrines, you are welcome to 'fight' over the shrine that way, but for now I'll ask a couple days before I do events for them at least. I do suggest getting a combat DM to oversee if you go ahead!