Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Shrines] Sacred Groves

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
- Can people be defenders of multiple locations?
- Do people need to roleplay near the shrine when part of the defending team? I dont think its very realistic if people are roleplaying in Linistel if they are meant to be defending a shrine near halbed for instance.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
༺- Claim a shrine, and appoint up to 8 defenders. Do not claim more than one shrine, but you may be a defender on up to two. -༻
༺- Two characters at maximum per player, try not to muddle the waters with your alts though. -༻
༺- Post and update with those designated as defenders to the shrine you've claimed, so they may be summoned forth if needed. -༻

You can be a defender of two at most, which includes the one you claim if you're a claimant.

I will not expect people to stay at shrines IC for OOC days/weeks waiting for attacks, and so I will have a mechanic in place that actively summons up the defenders as required. We've a fair amount of portals spells, I'll come up with something, but I dont want anyone stranded in weird RP hell. I'll probably find a way to explain this IC eventually.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I will not expect people to stay at shrines IC for OOC days/weeks waiting for attacks, and so I will have a mechanic in place that actively summons up the defenders as required. We've a fair amount of portals spells, I'll come up with something, but I dont want anyone stranded in weird RP hell. I'll probably find a way to explain this IC eventually.
You are a legend, thank you

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
All shrines now have a region message/area set such as the image below, if there is no such message then you may not have the right shrine:

1626715597072.png

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I've been asked about this a few times, so I figured I'd ask here; is the maximum of shrines to defend 2 per person, or 2 per characters with a max of 2 characters? Assuming it makes sense and isnt benefiting the other character by having Char B defend the shrine of the God of Char A.

AzureKnights

Lord of Altera
Hero
AzureKnights
AzureKnights
Hero
I've been asked about this a few times, so I figured I'd ask here; is the maximum of shrines to defend 2 per person, or 2 per characters with a max of 2 characters? Assuming it makes sense and isnt benefiting the other character by having Char B defend the shrine of the God of Char A.
From how it is written, it seems like a Player can have a Character defend two Shrines, which means in this case a Player can have two Characters separately defend a possible four total. It was advised to not have your alt's actions mix together.

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
From how it is written, it seems like a Player can have a Character defend two Shrines, which means in this case a Player can have two Characters separately defend a possible four total.
Aye, it seems that way. But I'm just making sure in case it's not the way it works, to avoid issues :)

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Korog's shrine claimed by Thordil
Currently gathering defenders, and will designate them shortly

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Claiming a shrine and defending another OR defending two shrines (as claiming a shrine is automatically 'defending' it, though claiming shrines is one per player).That is the most a character can do. You can have two characters involved in total, as I know some people are in two factions or faiths. It should not however be 'my character is defending x shrine just so I can help lose it for the other team where my other char benefits', of course.

To clarify since I'm bad at explaining, you can claim only one shrine so that others may try to go out and find one. You can defend two shrines, but claiming one is classed as being a defender.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Claiming a shrine and defending another OR defending two shrines (as claiming a shrine is automatically 'defending' it, though claiming shrines is one per player).That is the most a character can do. You can have two characters involved in total, as I know some people are in two factions or faiths. It should not however be 'my character is defending x shrine just so I can help lose it for the other team where my other char benefits', of course.

To clarify since I'm bad at explaining, you can claim only one shrine so that others may try to go out and find one. You can defend two shrines, but claiming one is classed as being a defender.
I tried to make it clearer. Im sorry, Im not getting my thoughts across as well as I could. I'll try update main thread a bit.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Rosters updated. You'll see numbers there now, 1 claim and 7 defenders, as the claimant is considered to be a defender automatically.

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Could you add Olga, Edger, Lana, Kethron and Ventare to Korog defense? :)

Last edited:

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Perpetually difficult; due to a Balance issue in the roster distribution, could Thordil Neutralize the gap by moving from Jishrim Shrine to Shalherana Shrine as defender? :)

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
Perpetually difficult; due to a Balance issue in the roster distribution, could Thordil Neutralize the gap by moving from Jishrim Shrine to Shalherana Shrine as defender? :)
ye Dil and Fronslin/Frost as Defender for Shally

MercurySteve

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Mercury_Steve
Mercury_Steve
Patron
Visage shrine found by Malark, wanting to claim/attacc it along with Hellmann, Loriss, Astreia and Aelnic (those are confirmed, might get more, smile)

Our lovely James over there I'm happy to work work a lovely friendship if their character would be down for that. Otherwise, attac :cool:

EDIT: If I could get an emote, that'd be pog