Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sigmund von Hallon

Scardrac

Felsummer

The Crown Prince
———————————Der Kronprinz, Sigmund von Hallon, is the only son of the
absent Kaiser and Kaiserine, Audwine I and Josephine I. Before he was born, there
was a heavy burden of expectancy thrust upon him, as it had been thrust upon all
heirs of the Empire. To fall in line and uphold your duty, guide the Gottland much
like the sun that graced it upon each passing day. To give unto your people a bounty
of brightness, warmth, and safety, but to retire with blinding ignorance of the darkness
left behind. Such is the way of the Kaiser, and cursed be the deviant who breaks this
cycle.

———————————A life of faux opulence was gifted unto him in at the grace of
the serfs that called the north home far before he was born. His parents lacked land
of their own, and so his second family gifted him the life he could. It was a warm and
humble life, but not without hardships, as he would soon come to find. At only ten
summers old, a harrowing blight of rot, disease, and death swept and swallowed the
continent. Sigmund watched as couriers came with worry spread over their features,
but were cast away with nary a concern from the Kaiser. Each passing fortnight, a new
courier would come, and never the last. Each more and more sunken-cheeked and
frail of limb than the last. Only when no courier came to warn the Kaiser, and only
when Oren's crops and livestock fell ill, did he find it fit to abandon his people, his
son, and all he had overseen since the taking of his crown. Only a passing remark
was given to his only loyalist knight, Maubray D'Evereaux, was given. "Protect the heir.
Guide him in our ways. Do not sow deviance in the boy, lest this blight follow you."

———————————And thus Sigmund and Maubray rode from the only place
he has ever known. To find their home in one township to another, leaving at the
first whiff of rot. Most times, they camped in the forests, or far off the roadside, only
to leave once all sign of wildlife ceased to be, or when lawless refugees sought their
belongings. Time was the greatest bounty they had, and Maubray saw fit that it would
not be put to waste. When not fleeing or fighting for survival, Maubray upheld the
wishes of the absent Kaiser, teaching Sigmund in the ways of a man, in the ways of
a Kaiser. To fight, to read, to speak, to write, and to lead. But these were not the only
lessons taught. A life without belonging, a life without purpose, was not a life to love,
but one that must be endured. To hunt, to fish, to shoot, to survive. Maubray made this
Sigmund's way, but was always a shine of hope for the distraught boy. Whenever the
young Prince fell to his sadness, the words of his mentor always graced his ear. "Civility
shall return, and you shall be prince. Take with you all I have taught you, and have faith that God
has a plan for you. May you be a rising sun for this dying world."

The Fall from Grace
The parting words of Sigmund's mentor seeded a powerful
confidence within the boy, one so grand that it would lead him to hold no quarter
to earn the favor of God. He would soon consider himself a saint on the horizon. A
raging wildfire warrior, God's very own prince. He was indeed dubbed prince by
the grave of Synnove, but he was not without sin, not without flaw. Wrath, control,
and vengeance, each a singing side of darkness the accompanied his blessing from
God. But such a gift was not given without payment, he should soon find. Each
step taken, each word spoken, each thought had. Every avenue of his life was no
longer his to control. He was destined to burn himself with his brash nature,
and thus God deemed it necessary to burn him herself. A painful mark upon his
palm, a dark red sun. "This mark shall be your penance, so all may know that even
my most devout are not without sin."
———————————————————

His scorning, he told himself was deserved. For what could
come of him if he were to question the word of God? Surely, she is ever wise, and
ever loving, he thought to himself.

Last edited:

Scardrac

Felsummer
-Lilith Alraun-
"You surprise me with some new side of you each day. Your presence is a warmth I will do anything to keep. My admiration, my respect, my love, knows no bounds for you.”
Sigmund loves the woman dearly. Their souls are bonded with no objection from him. He feels a deep empathy for her, as the pair share bonds and experiences that words do no justice in describing. Their experiences are similar, the pains they've felt in the past. He was a close friend before this love, having only been able to relate to her amidst a crowd of hesitant friends. Now, there is a profound admiration for the woman. Sigmund has never felt this way for anyone, and it only serves to deepen his affection for her. He wishes to see her grow powerful, as well as himself, so that they might be an unstoppable pair.

-Wolfgang von Harrister-

"I am beyond proud of you. I've felt kinship, but not brotherhood. Not before you.”
Sigmund would fight alongside Wolfgang again and again, as he already has before. They have a history, one that cannot be replicated, one that cannot be forgotten. They were scorned from faith together, and after that point, Sigmund wished to bond some way with the boy. Fighting alongside him through a crowd of dead men walking shall do. They both know the truth. They both know what they must do. To help Wolfgang rectify the mistake mankind has made in trusting the Divine, Sigmund will go to any length.

-Elizabeth Kane-

"Maybe you just don't know how I feel about my place here in Kane. I fear that your fear of losing control will one day lead you to push me out, instead of bring me in. I only want a place, Elizabeth. I hope you can see that. After all is said and done, after all I have done and given for your family, I would still do it all again.”
Sigmund has gone through much for Kane. Many pains, many trials, and he has been at his worst while on her side. He has even died for her ways. They often clash, for her tendency for control does not sit well with his tendency to feel like he is always right.
He wishes to be considered a friend, a close ally, and he hopes she fully recognizes this, without fear. He cannot help but feel that her early abdication to be somewhat shameful, but he knows it is within her best interests to do so. It must have been done.

-Katherine Kane-

"I've risked my life to return you, little Duchess. So many of us have. I know there is fear in Elizabeth's heart that you will be like your grandmother. With such a family, I doubt you shall. I wonder if you will grow and appreciate just how fortunate you are for all the guidance you're given. You're fortunate for Wolfgang, but were he not here to guide you as strongly, I would gladly step up where Elizabeth stepped away.”
Sigmund has gone through much for this young girl's sake. At some points in the past, he'd think of her as a risk, a potential sinister ruler like her grandmother. But he's seen her go through pain as he and many others have. An unfortunate upbringing, but Sigmund is determined to help prepare her for her life to come, and to teach her to not be consumed by it. Nowadays, he cannot help but empathize with her. He compares Elizabeth's early abdication to when Sigmund's father sent him away and abandoned the crown, with but one mentor to guide him.

-Asher Varyn-
"Someone must keep our way of life.”
Sigmund, since he has embraced his own inner truths, has since felt his connection to the world of politics dim and weaken. But he knows that this way of life is necessary. It grounds humanity to a way of life that keeps them sane. Civilians, hard at work. Their lords, keeping them in check. He trusts Asher, and loves him as a cousin, but he hopes that he keeps upon this track, being Count of Varyn. He hopes Asher does not take to the grandiose and astronomical goals that he and Wolfgang have taken up. Not for lack of trust, but for the betterment of humanity. Purpose of life aside, he's fought alongside Asher, and would not hesitate to do so again.

-Kopii Grey-
"There is something about you. Something odd. But you've helped enough, and you've pledged yourself to this cause. That alone earns some respect.”
Sigmund has never been close to Kopii. No shared pain, no harrowing experiences to bond them. They have always found themselves on the same side, however, but perhaps for several different reasons. Kopii earns Sigmund's respect in the fact that Kopii has helped himself and his friends countless times with his magic. Especially Archon. From Sigmund's perspective, he has never seen Kopii lift his finger against another, nor another against Kopii. Sigmund knows well enough that this level of respect, power, and neutrality does not come free. There is a secret side to Kopii, and he wishes to know what it is.

-Uriel Valhart-
"We've clashed before. I know you'll never see me as you did when I was faithful to the Divine. I hope you can find a peace within you to stand out in your faith. You deserve it. I will be forever thankful for all you've done for Archon."

Sigmund grows tired and distant with the talk of the Divine. He cannot be swayed, but he has fought by Uriel in the battle to protect Archon, and any who fought for the same purpose earns his respect. He knows that an inner conflict will always plague Uriel, but he hopes that the better side always prevails, as is the nature of his kind. Sigmund has since thought of Uriel during talks with others about the Divine. He knows that Uriel's God is hardly the worst of them, but Sigmund knows that Uriel will resist the idea of deicide.

-Hamish Wildhaber-
Sigmund knows him to no great extent. He is a part of Kane in some fashion. A scholarly sort, he imagines. He's the sort of innocent that Sigmund would protect, especially since he is friends with Kane.

-Otto von Sturmherz-
"I seek to speak to you more. See where the old Empire dropped you off as it did to me."

Sigmund doesn't recall speaking with him directly, not once, but can tell that he will be one of Kane's strongest pillars. An unquestionable man, so long as he is given the respect he deserves. He's glad such a man stands by him in the court of Kane.

- Ignis Synnove -
"I would damn you to eternal hellfire were you not the hand that grants thus."

Once the sole love and authority of Sigmund's life, now he feels that she betrayed him, as when he sought salvation from his madness, she damned him to a lifetime of shame and burning pain. He shall forever resent her for her spitefulness, for her careless rescinding of the gifts that were to aid humanity. She is no master of his, and he shall see to it that she is no master of any.

Last edited: