Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Now [Sign Up] [Ongoing] A Pox On Both Your Houses

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff

Something both novel and terrible is around the bend. Like every major event ever produced on HollowWorld, only mages are going to be able to make a substantial difference in the way it plays out, and only they are invited to sign up for this event.

What's going to happen shall be revealed tonight, at exactly 10:00PM EST, and from that moment on it will immediately take effect in character, and it will be expected that people roleplay with the information gleamed from this thread in mind from that point onward - meaning that they will be the fulcrum from which these events turn and affect the world.

If you miss the initial sign-up, there will be opportunities for involvement after tonight. But if you do not want to be involved at all, keep in mind that it will be up to how your character interacts with the world moving forward.

Only mages sign up.

Name:
School:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

| - T H E - P O X - A R C A N A - |

Some say the Spider God is madness incarnate, seeking only joy in the suffering of others. Others believe he is a calculating one, capable of biding his time for the perfect storm to meet his own agenda. Whichever the case may be, one thing can be said for certain. The day The Withering Box was opened within Nid Arach, Altera was forever changed.

The Pox Arcana is a disease crafted by Jishrim, and while it behaves as if it is a mundane plague, it is anything but. The Pox Arcana is divine in nature, with the ability to significantly weaken and sabotage the mages of the realm in addition to the sickness it carries. The Pox easily spreads through the populace, mundane, Blessed, vyre or mage, via direct contact with others, carrying with it blisters, pustules, fevers, and increased aggression.

| - S Y M P T O M S - |
(Note: We do not want to punish players who have contracted the disease, and want this to provide interesting and fun roleplay opportunities still. You are welcome to play all of this up as much as you like, OR play it down appropriately. We still want it to be an engaging story for all involved, so roleplay its effects as you like.)

Stage One:
Days 1-2

⸎ There are no symptoms that manifest.
⸎ They are not capable of spreading the Pox at this stage.
-------------------------

Stage Two:
Days 3-7

⸎ Infected individuals experience hot flashes, increased sweating, and general irritability.
⸎ Infected mages additionally discover that any knacks or affinities they have relating to their magics are regressed, as if at a recently sparked level of severity.

Stage Three:
Days 8-14

⸎ Infected individuals have three or four oozing pustules/blisters that appear upon the skin, filled with pungent pus. These are quite painful to the touch, and the slightest nudge may cause them to burst. They usually have refilled by the next day if they burst. For most, the pus is a sickly yellow color. Sweating and hot flashes continue, while the irritability grows more pronounced. Each pustule has at max a half a thimble-full of contents.
⸎ Infected mages additionally discover that their pustules contain a silvery liquid instead of the sickly yellow color. Each pustule has at max a half a thimble-full of contents. The first spell cast of the day is made at disadvantage. This silvery liquid has peculiar properties, such as sometimes turning inorganic surfaces to a silvery metallic sheen when left on the surface overnight.
|--- See the Research section for instructions on how to investigate this substance.

Stage Four:
Days 15-19

⸎ Infected individuals experience an explosion of the number of painful pustules/blisters all over their body. They begin to experience aggression at the slightest provocation and mild paranoia sets in, while they will seek out as many ways as they can to stay cooled off because of the hot flashes. Infected individuals will often prefer wearing less clothing, or lighter clothing (appropriately for RP), will find relief swimming in cool waters, and will often prefer to be outside in cold temperatures, etc.
⸎ Infected mages find their magics are further weakened. They still cast the first spell of the day at disadvantage and spell points are also reduced by 25%.
|--- Apprentice: 18 spell points
|--- Journeyman: 37 spell points
|--- Adept: 93 spell points
|--- Master: 187 spell points
|--- Magus: 262 spell points

Note: As the Pox Arcana progresses, I will reveal further stages and post here when I updated. For those who have signed up as a volunteer, you are the Patient Zeros. You will begin at Stage One as of tonight. It will spread to other individuals from there.

| - T R A N S M I S S I O N - |

The Pox is spread through direct contact with infected individuals. It is possible for anyone to contract the disease, whether they be Blessed, Mage, Vyre, or a normal citizen. However, due to its nature as a divine affliction, and not a mundane one, any Blessed individual will be able to roll with advantage to resist the disease if they wish to.

Blisters/Pustules - Touching the pustules and/or their oozing contents will require a DC 16 to resist infection.
Direct Contact - Skin to skin contact where there are no pustules is a DC 10 to resist infection.
Blood or Ooze Consumption: Anyone, vyre, mage, Blessed, or otherwise, who ingests the blood or pustule contents will automatically take on the Pox.

| - R E S E A R C H - A N D - S T U D Y - |

There are many unknowns regarding this disease, as it is the first of its kind. Anyone who is wanting to research the silver liquid that mages eek out, or anyone wanting to research potential cures, should contact Niah, Blarg, and Elz via a convo with the tag [Pox Arcana].

Last edited:

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Name: Milah Sicarus
School: Formistry/Eviscism

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Like every major event ever produced on HollowWorld, only mages are going to be able to make a substantial difference in the way it plays out
I give my Hmm some words- I hope this is a joke and not quite the mentality someone helping run the server campaign events would want to drive home to the playerbase. A mage exclusive series of events can be curious for those involved, of course. But that's quite a stance being put out there

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
"Something both novel and terrible is around the bend. Like every major event ever produced on HollowWorld, only mages are going to be able to make a substantial difference in the way it plays out, and only they are invited to sign up for this event"'

Really??

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
(if you can't tell i'm being ironic by the fact i often take to being ironic and my hsitory of having never advocated for that falacious mindset that mages are the only people to ever do anything of note in events by virtue of being mages, i'm being ironic in that opening line. however, the joke in this particular instance is that the nature of the beast means mages are in fact most acutely affected.)

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Name: Arianne Silveira
School: Formistry

I might take a shot and get active again.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
(if you can't tell i'm being ironic by the fact i often take to being ironic and my hsitory of having never advocated for that falacious mindset that mages are the only people to ever do anything of note in events by virtue of being mages, i'm being ironic in that opening line. however, the joke in this particular instance is that the nature of the beast means mages are in fact most acutely affected.)
It’s clearly irony, but I think the fact that the sign up is actually only for Mages was throwing people off.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Just to clarify-

What is coming down the line is something that I wrote when I was working as a Divine Helper. Jishrim was under my little umbrella of gods at the time, and when the request was put in, I handled the creation of it. Even though I am not directly involved with Divine anymore, what's coming was my brainchild. I know that it may read strangely on the initial sign-up, but it is something that everyone will be participating in in some capacity.

If it goes poorly, you can place the blame fully on me. But I wrote to be interactive for ALL tiers of players. This is just the guise it is being revealed, for now. Stay tuned for 10:00pm EST when I will be clarifying on my little claim post above. :)