Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Now [Sign Up] [Ongoing] A Pox On Both Your Houses

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Uh speaking of my character was like five feet away from the box when it opened, should I roll to see if Cyrus contracts the disease? NIAH
No, the box was opened at the event and what was outside went out into the world. The ones who contracted it are the ones who signed up here. Mages are the first to be afflicted and it spreads from there.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Is it possible for my NPC mundane people to have caught this sickness?

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
The disease and its effects are interesting, but I'm curious about this line. How much could one downplay the disease? I do like the idea of not "punishing" those who contracted the disease, but I'd assume there's some ceiling to how loose you can RP the effects, especially since some of them involve trouble casting spells and such.
Bumping

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
The disease and its effects are interesting, but I'm curious about this line. How much could one downplay the disease? I do like the idea of not "punishing" those who contracted the disease, but I'd assume there's some ceiling to how loose you can RP the effects, especially since some of them involve trouble casting spells and such.
I think it’s safe to say that you have to RP the mechanics of transmission and its effect on spellcasting properly. The main area where it’s more loose and allows freedom seems to be the symptoms affecting behavior, as has been the case for other similar effects such as with the Ashen Blight in the past.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
French is on the money. As far as the mechanical changes, such as the disadvantage and the knacks being a little regressed, you should definitely follow that. But how severely the knacks/affinities affects the afflicted (within the bounds of their schools' rules), how much they get irritated, how much they sweat, that is up to the player for how much they want to play that up or down.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
i would like to thank niah for confirming that uriel is immune to this disease/pox/blight/plague due to his extraordinary bloodtype.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
| - R E S E A R C H - A N D - S T U D Y - |
There are many unknowns regarding this disease, as it is the first of its kind. Anyone who is wanting to research the silver liquid that mages eek out, or anyone wanting to research potential cures, should contact Niah, Blarg, and Elz via a convo with the tag [Pox Arcana]
Don't forget! If you want to do any research involving the Pox Arcana, please hit us up in a convo with the three of us. Attempts to cure, to study, or what affects smcertain things may have. I'm trying to respond to them within 24 hours each, so if I've missed or overlooked one, feel free to bump it!

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Responses to conversations will be taking a few days to respond to or catch up with - Thankyou for your patience. :) Please do not poke Niah/Blarg/Myself privately regarding them, it is only a small delay.

(And a response regarding stage three will be confirmed later today.)