Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[sign up] The Colonists

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
After SOMEONE slayed mother bear. A bear-cub got lost in the woods without mom and is now at the colony.
The entire colony is deciding what to do with it, while Wulfric cannot be persuaded to let it go or kill it.
Since there is a rule of unanimity when deciding things, we're talking all through the night.
All kudo's go to cowo5 for his wonderful IG interpretation of a bear cub.
16.jpg

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
After SOMEONE slayed mother bear. A bear-cub got lost in the woods without mom and is now at the colony.
The entire colony is deciding what to do with it, while Wulfric cannot be persuaded to let it go or kill it.
Since there is a rule of unanimity when deciding things, we're talking all through the night.
All kudo's go to cowo5 for his wonderful IG interpretation of a bear cub.
View attachment 75073
I. . .You make me sound like a monster.

Puzlas

Lord of Altera
Puzlas
Puzlas
Reason for joining OOC: Quality characters

Character name: Themis
Reason for joining IC: He has no clue what is going on.

Do you have a set job in mind that you'd like to perform at the colony?
A hunter or fisherman,you could convince him to cut down a tree..

Do you agree to follow the set rules?
Without a doubt

Would you like to help develop this alpha stage of RolePlay?
<you do not need to say yes. If you fill in "yes", I'd like to know how you intend to help me out>
I'm no good with responsibility

What is your timezone?
EST

What's your average online time?
Off and on about 3 maximum a day

Quick-Join Form
Boat Inventory Slots:

Inventory Slots:
- Waterskin
- Rad pouch

Weapon Slots:
- Bearded Axe
:D :D :D :D :D

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Big-Boat Form: (once reviewed, you can take the weekly boat (on sundays))
Boat Inventory Slots:
- total of 30 blocks:
|--> 30 hay bales
Inventory slots:
- total of 3 misc. items:
|--> Axe
|--> flint&steel
Weapon Slots:
- total of 2 weapons (shield / weapon / bow / quiver)
|--> N/A

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Big-Boat Form:
Boat Inventory Slots:
-15 hay bales
-5 pieces of wool
-Barrel of wine
-Barrel of wine
-Sack of spice
-Sack of salt
-Sack of taters
-Sack of carrots

Inventory slots:
-Clothing
-Flint & steel
-Bedroll

Weapon Slots:
-Quiver

Last edited:

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Big-Boat Form:
Boat Inventory Slots:
- 15x Canvas
- 15x Thatch
Inventory slots:
- 2x Sets of Clothing (Identical to Current)
- 1x Sack of Nails (100 Nails)

Weapon Slots:
- 2x Wooden Training Swords

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
Big-Boat Form:
Boat Inventory Slots:
wool x30
Inventory slots:
Spare set of clothing
Heavy Needles
Heavy thread
Weapon Slots:
2 Quivers worth of arrows

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Big-Boat Form:
Boat Inventory Slots:
5 Spools rope
Barrel of Mead
Large Sack of Rye
5 Spools of Twine
Sturdy Brush
Large Sack of Lime
Shovel
Shears
Small Barrel of Clear Oil
10 Canvas
Inventory slots:
Spare set of clothing
Heavy Needles
Heavy thread
Weapon Slots:
2 Quivers worth of arrows
Boat inventory are ooc blocks of ic items like logs, canvas, hay, etc.,
misc items are stuff that are either ooc named or without an ooc item
weapons are weapons
:)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Colonists at Fort Toil: calling all of y'all for an Event within the next hour :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
With a constant danger of tribesmen that could be around the fort, every sound is a possible threat. Here's Themis and Ronn checking out a rustle in a bush, that turned out to be a boar. Such surprise RP's are only possible thanks to our DM's BrianAT16 and alexn27 .
18.jpg

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The Tribesmen raided our fort, just before the walls were finished when all of us were outside the fort, distracted by Wulfric bringing a bear cub to the fort.
They left a mess and some destruction behind. But they also left something indicating they had a prisoner.
The courageous and good men and women of Fort Toil decided to go and rescue this person.
Before heading out, something really impressed me. Some of the players: SirLuamTehDoge and StartOmega had an incredible Roleplay.
I think they truly developed their characters here, where they had a discussion where Themis had to decide to stay at the fort or come along.
Ethical decisions were made with an intense argument that made both characters more developped. I'm very happy that this stuff is happening at the colony!!

Now for the attack:
Here's Ronn and Ivy sneaking up at the enemy's village... (I was too thrilled when we were rping at the village that I forgot to make scr shots there. They will come at the next event :p )
19.jpg

20.jpg

We rescued the prisoner, trashed their camp, and slain some tribals while doing so. But this did no go unpunished. The tribesmen came in persuit and followed us all the way back to our colony...
At this point, they were shooting arrows from the trees across the river and jumping into the water, swimming across to avenge their tribesmen death...
22.jpg

As the light faded and dusk set in, the colonists were trapped within the fort. Tribesmen trying to scale the walls on all sides and some trying to push through the barricades of crates.
Some of the colonists got shot by arrows, quickly depleting our resource of healing potions. Before too long, the tribesmen knew the fort was too hard to take, and they started wrecking the huts.
They attacked the hut where Auxilius was trying to heal the prisoner from the tribe-village. The colonists were forced out of the fort and meet them head on, out in the open....
21.jpg

The fight for the prisoner lasted through a day and night, right before dawn. At which time, the sun shed light on the blood, the bodies, the severed limps and heads...
Thanks Jstar for initiating this event by thinking his character could possibly be taken prisoner by the tribesmen,
Thanks BrianAT16 for DMing this event.
Thanks to all colonistst for making this a great event :D

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
All around the colony, where-ever there is work to do (cutting trees, uprooting them, mining, searching pebbles, hunting, etc.) I've hid parts of items.
These parts are named and numbered, like: "Chain Rag [1/3]"
When you find any of these, you can walk up to packman and ask him about it.
Once you found all parts, Packman will repair the item and tell you its history.
These items are old forgotten artifacts and packman is a good storyteller.
Things you can expect: "Helmet of the Moon" "Bow of Mastery" things like that :)

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
All around the colony, where-ever there is work to do (cutting trees, uprooting them, mining, searching pebbles, hunting, etc.) I've hid parts of items.
These parts are named and numbered, like: "Chain Rag [1/3]"
When you find any of these, you can walk up to packman and ask him about it.
Once you found all parts, Packman will repair the item and tell you its history.
These items are old forgotten artifacts and packman is a good storyteller.
Things you can expect: "Helmet of the Moon" "Bow of Mastery" things like that :)
Bow of mastery!? *gets to work* (On a side note just going to void the big shipment since Syr never made it to camp yesterday. she brings small boat instead yes?)

Last edited:

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
This place... It just gets better as the days go on. BUT THAT HELMET OF THE MOON WILL BE MIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Bow of mastery!? *gets to work* (On a side note just going to void the big shipment since Syr never made it to camp yesterday. she brings small boat instead yes?)
Aye sure :) Sounds about right

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Heya people of HollowWorld. Also a special hello to any staff reading this.
I started this thread out, saying this was an experiment. I'd like to give you an update on our trial-period at the colony.
We have now officially roleplayed for over a week with a steady number of people at the colony (about 4 or 5 on average online for 2 hours together!!).
This has given me much insights into what RolePlay really is, and could be if there are people willing to.
I'd like to continue this 'experiment', but no longer under that name. It's becoming more fleshed out and I'd like to see it as a proper project now.

The colony has become both a stand-alone project, as well as integrated into the HollowWorld world.
I'd like to sum it all up, why this is the case.
  1. People are free to come and go as they please, making events that happen outside the colony as important as what happens inside the colony
  2. There are RP rules in place at the colony which aren't in place in the rest of the server. Yet, these make for more realistic roleplay and opportunities for a different feel.
  3. The colony's power lays in the people willing to follow these rules. The rules in their turn give the players more power to achieve what they want in RP.
  4. We've already become a close community, friends, all of us been through the start of this initiative.
  5. Through the colony's success, I've made new contacts. There are plans for the new world with other regions that have taken the idea of the colony and apply it at grander scale.
  6. Through the success of the colony, we've reached a bigger group to rp with than just the colonists itself, outside the colony: Other factions such as a soolerian caravan that'll take the place of the big supply boat and thus gives RP to other people.
  7. The circle of Roleplay is growing, I'm getting idea's from different people still, who want to do something with the colonists. I invite anyone over who likes to join and doesn't mind following some set rules or guidelines. Also feel free to contact me if you have a roleplay you think can fit with ours.
  8. The roleplay of last week has resulted in a new set of roll rules which will make the RP at our colony even more realistic and having something your character is good at even more rewarding. (see below)
I'd like to finish up by giving a big shout out to my crew, the roleplayers that have been with us from day one:
special thanks to SirLuamTehDoge , who has spent a lot of time helping me with this through roleplaying (without you, no success)
The Tottot BoredBrit Puzlas cowo5 Fishymatt Heie Jazzper Lirakitty IanAwesomePants Rang3r0wns94 Raykaystar
Without all of your enthusiasm, online time, and will to search for a different kind of roleplay, we would never have come this far.
The fact that all of you have been online so much is the reason why others are online more too and the reason why I'm enjoying this so intensely. Thank you!
BrianAT16 and Jak for DM'ing around the colony and taking initiative to DM personal RP's and set up easter eggs: great!
Readij You're probably busy as can be, but I'd like to thank you too for going through the trouble of maintaining this server as "cherry-fresh" new owner (Dutch saying, don't mind me). Also I think it's a good thing if you knew we're having success with this. Don't know if word has reached you yet :)

Now the new rules, read over them if you like :)

Rules considering Rolling dice for RP actions:
Roleplay at the colony consists of an important part of chance. There are different kinds of actions with different kinds of rolls. The rules below are guidelines. If you forget to add modifiers, it's no disaster. However, these rules should be kept in mind when roleplaying and are the following:
--> Individual RP: This is the roll you use when your action affects only yourself or surroundings, can be done in groups: You choose an action you wish to perform and follow up with a /roll d20. From the outcome of this roll, you decide what happens in RP. This way there's a bit of chance, but in the end you are the one controlling the severity of it.
--> Joint RP: This is the roll you use when you perform an action together. For instance, you're trying to uproot a bush and your both pulling at it. Everyone involved with the action rolls a d20. The rolls are summarized. The sum of the rolls determines the outcome. Since you're performing the action together, there is a higher chance of success.
--> Dungeon Master RP: This is roleplay that is initiated by the DM. In this case, the DM will tell you when to roll. You roll as indicated by the DM and the DM will determine what happens with the outcome of your roll. There's more surprise elements to this kind of rp than the previous ones.
--> Profession RP: This is the roll you use when you perform an action that your character is specialized in. For instance a cook cooking food or a hunter taking a shot at a deer. You emote your action, after which you follow it up with a /roll d20+5. You'll get a bonus 5 points to your roll, because your character is skilled at the thing he/she does. This also counts for certain spots within the colony. If you are roleplaying at a site with roll modifiers, signs will indicate it. For instance: a kitchen will have a sign at the stove indicating you can roll +5 for when you're attempting to cook. If your character is already a cook, this means you'll roll +10. This makes the RP more realistic, since a noob would have more chance of burning his food than a proper cook would.
--> Wound RP: This is the roll you use when you perform an action while being wounded, dizzy, sleepy, sick, weak, etc. You emote an action, followed up by a /roll d20-1 or minus another number, increasing with the negative effects you're having.
--> Special Event RP: At times at the colony, the effort of the colonists is rewarded with special event rp. This happens for instance when some colonists used all day to gather materials to build, or worked their land all day, or used a big part of their time for something special. In this case, they may add modifiers to their rolls, since they prepared well enough to have more chance of success.

Last edited: