Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[sign up] The Colonists

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
With the roll system I think it only fair that I should only choose one of her skills as an actual profession so I am going to go with leather working as that would have been the first skill she would have picked up as a child. Or do you think since her skills are so closely related I should use the modifier for hunting, skinning, and leather working? I just don't want to make it too easy on her.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
With the roll system I think it only fair that I should only choose one of her skills as an actual profession so I am going to go with leather working as that would have been the first skill she would have picked up as a child. Or do you think since her skills are so closely related I should use the modifier for hunting, skinning, and leather working? I just don't want to make it too easy on her.
You should do what you are most comfortable with. That is the main focus. If you're comfort lies outside the guidelines, then the colony might not be for you (in the case when people want to max skill everything).
However, in your case it's obvious you are comfortable with the rules, and then you're pretty free to do whatever you like to do. Try all three, then if you don't like it, try just one. Juggle with it until you got it right for your own maximum satisfaction :)
You can also learn skills after doing them a while, since I've only seen you tanning, skinning and hunting, I'd say you qualify for all of em :p But it's not my call, it's yours!

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
You should do what you are most comfortable with. That is the main focus. If you're comfort lies outside the guidelines, then the colony might not be for you (in the case when people want to max skill everything).
However, in your case it's obvious you are comfortable with the rules, and then you're pretty free to do whatever you like to do. Try all three, then if you don't like it, try just one. Juggle with it until you got it right for your own maximum satisfaction :)
You can also learn skills after doing them a while, since I've only seen you tanning, skinning and hunting, I'd say you qualify for all of em :p But it's not my call, it's yours!

And this is why I love you. :)

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
You could also try taking the +5 on the main skill then taking half (say +2) on the others if your not comfortable or still want a challenge. But like the pirate said, he thinks you qualify for all.

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
I drew these sketches during an excursion when I had little to do. Did it from the head, so some physical characteristics might be wrong. Practicing anatomy a bit :')
Do hope you like them! :D They're thumbnails, so click them to enlarge :)
View attachment 75268 View attachment 75269 View attachment 75270 View attachment 75271 View attachment 75272 View attachment 75273 View attachment 75274 View attachment 75275 View attachment 75276
cowo5 The Tottot StartOmega Fishymatt Puzlas SirLuamTehDoge Lirakitty Heie

You are the best! I shall treasure it forever. :heart:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'll get around to drawing the remaining colonists I promise :p

ZeroOrgan

Lord of Altera
Joining form: (add either the quick-join or the big-boat form to this)
Username: JusticeByBullet
Reason for joining OOC: I find the whole concept interesting, and I wish to test it out to see if I could have a great time!
Character name: Raan
Reason for joining IC: A new life and work. She desires a community of new people, and a new chance at life.

Do you have a set job in mind that you'd like to perform at the colony?

Yes, A lumberjack/Guard

Do you agree to follow the set rules?

Yes

Would you like to help develop this alpha stage of RolePlay?
No, sadly D:
What is your timezone?
EST
What's your average online time?
5:00 -9:00 EST ,(Weekday time)
Quick-Join Form: (once reviewed, you can join instantaneously)
Boat Inventory Slots:
- 2 jungle wood, three coal
Inventory Slots:
- , Waterskin, Torch
Weapon Slots:
- total of 1 weapons Iron Wood cutting axe

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
24.jpg
Auxilius and Ronn are looking at the damage done by the Tribesmen who came in big forces to their camp to cause havoc, while the colonists were away for other duties... Their low rolls keep them unaware of the Tribesman watching them from the tree-tops...

Untill Ronn notices movement and Auxilius locks eyes with the tribesman. An unfortunate roll when dropping from the tree made the tribesman break his leg. After which Auxilius (of all people) wacks him to death with a mighty 19 against a 1. Here's Ronn trying to stop Auxilius from whacking the dead tribesman. (man I lolled at the time... *Whack whack whack*)
25.jpg

This is what's going down at the moment during the pre-fase of the event: Colonists Dungeon
Check it out here:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/private-colonists-dungeon.37283/

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The first event of a long series of events has occured just now

On top of that, I've sent a questionnaire to all members of the colony, with questions about what they like, what they don't like and what they'd like to see improved. It has given me quite an insight and I will work the next days to increase the RP experience! :D

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Tonight will be the undead attack on Fort Toil. Colonist prepare! event in about 3-4 hours!!