Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

SilverPraxis' Application [Declined - Squidziod]

SilverPraxis

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
SilverPraxis

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming would be the act to use OOC information for your persona's personal gain.
Powergaming would be the act to force an action upon another player without giving them an option to respond in rp.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jinny (Seollal)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello, my name is Alexandre. I am a bilingual Canadian. My hobbies include hockey, reading and going out with my friends. I enjoy listening to rap music and hip hop. I sometimes play CSGO, or League of Legends. I'm a pretty layed-back guy. I enjoy to joke around, but I can be quite serious when needed.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
Silvyr Vatris is from a high ranking family of other lands unknown to here. The customs and social classes vastly different from here. Silvyr was living in one of the bigger cities, in the palace with his parents. But at a young age he lost both of them because the Ruler of the land had feared that they were spies for an enemy nation. A friend of Silvyr's parents had managed to get ahold of Silvyr and help him escape the lands. Silvyr being very young did not know what was going on, but had been placed on a boat and transported to the land of which he now resides. Today, being orphaned is seeking a way to climb the political ladder, in any way and establish a good reputation for his name and maybe someday, live in another palace.

Character Name:
Silvyr Vatris

Character Age:
19 Years old (Would be viewed as a child in the Silver Elf society i guess)

Character Race:
Elf - Silver Elf

Appearance:
Slim but athletic body (Toned I guess), 6'2, Brown hair, Green eyes, Shorter ears (Often tucked under his hair), Fairly good looking elf, Straight teeth.

Written Test!
"This is completely absurd" I'd say with a very monotone voice
The human would look at me and say "Da, it is. But alas, nothing I can do about it."
I would look at him, with a smug look "Maybe you can't do anything about it, but an elf can talk their way out of anything."
[!] A group of men would appear from around the corner of the street walking at a fast pace.
"You!" a man dressed in very noble-like clothing would scream to me"Have you not yet payed your taxes?"
I would grin "Ah yes I have. But why must you use that tone with me. It is not very noble of you."
The man would look at me, annoyed "And what would you know about nobility?" he'd ask me
I would laugh, mockingly to anger the man "More than you."
"How so?" he'd ask me
I would lean forward, down to his height, like a father disciplining their child "All silver elves are noble compared to your kind. You little rats lack the discipline. The education and the prowess in the art of talking."
The man would turn all red, "You're annoying" he'd say to me, then right after he would pull out a knife in an attempt to stab me
As soon as his blade was about to touch my robe, I would thrust my hand up into his elbow, bending his arm at an awkward angle, then shove his hand, with the knife downwards and thrust my other hand into his neck
The man would choke, gasping for air, and all of a sudden all of his entourage would slowly back up, bringing their friend with him.
I would turn my back, in one swift movement, and walk away. The man I had been talking to before the interruption would be walking behind me
"What the fuck was that? Do you not know who that man is?" he'd ask me
I would shrug "I do not care, for I will not be in this... Dump for long." I'd say, still walking away
"That was the Grand Knights son for fuck's sake. He will want your head!" the man would complain
I would laugh, a short laugh "I would like to see him try. You humans fight like animals, no delicacy to your fighting. Us, elves, treat it like it's art. Agility will always beat strength, therefore elves, will always beat humans."
The man would frown slightly "God you elves are arrogant son's of bitches, acting like you're better than us."
"But we are!" I'd say a bit enthusiastically as I walked out of the gates of the city.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello, and thank you for applying to Hollowworld! Your application is off to a pretty good start, but there are a few things I'd like you to take a second look at first:
  • Your powergaming definition is not wrong, but rather, incomplete. See if you can expand it or provide some examples to make it more clear that you understand the term.
  • Your character powergames in your written test. It is considered this for the following reasons:
    • It's unreasonable for a character to spar with a powerful noble without any repercussions
    • Despite your character only being a novice combatant (as it is required for him to be by our rules) it is not reasonable for him to fight the noble character with such ease.
    • Basically, I'd like you to tone down what the character does and is capable of. If he's a smarmy prick, that's completely fine! Rude characters can be a lot of fun to play, but you can't start with the skills to back it up I'm afraid.
.... And that about does it. Once you've made the proper amendments, post here and I'll take a second look. Thanks again for applying, I look forward to reading the second take.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Your application is being declined for inactivity. If you wish to re-apply, make sure to take the above into consideration.

Thank you for your time and interest!