Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Skyrim mods

Spark

Broken
I love modded Skyrim, especially graphics enhancing mods (bouncing boobies ftw.) but it's just....still Skyrim... I played it a lot on console without mods, and when I play it on PC it just seems to get really boring.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
I love modded Skyrim, especially graphics enhancing mods (bouncing boobies ftw.) but it's just....still Skyrim... I played it a lot on console without mods, and when I play it on PC it just seems to get really boring.
There's tons of mods to change the gameplay. Make it harder, tons and tons of new lore friendly quests... YOU CAN EVEN BE A DRAGON. I don't get how the easy to mod PC version is more boring than the same same vanilla console :confused:

Spark

Broken
There's tons of mods to change the gameplay. Make it harder, tons and tons of new lore friendly quests... YOU CAN EVEN BE A DRAGON. I don't get how the easy to mod PC version is more boring than the same same vanilla console :confused:
It's equally as boring. It's the same game, which I've played a lot on both console and PC, however I've never been able to mod it to an extent that makes it feel new and exciting again.

If I'd have played the game through on PC with mods in the first through playthroughs I'd done, it would have been awesome. But now I've played it about 20 times through and mods aren't cutting it.

Fallout 4 will be the first Bethesda Elder Scrolls/Fallout that I start playing on PC from the beginning, which should be amazing because I can use mods from the beginning (Well as soon as mods start coming that is).

Same goes for Fallout NV, possibly my most played game ever. I can't play it on PC even with mods, because I played it so much on console.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Same goes for Fallout NV
I got around that by just focusing on using mods that built onto hardcore mode, alongside combat changes that made every encounter crazy. Instakill headshots, etc.

On the topic of Skyrim, I've never heavily modded the game and focus mainly on combat tweaks. Haven't beaten the main quest line, yet.

Spark

Broken
If there was a locational damage and fallout style limb crippling mod that worked for Skyrim, I would consider playing it again. Locational damage is cool, because there's literally no point in aiming for anywhere but the head in Skyrim, and crippling someone's arm in a swordfight is a good substitute for removing limbs when people are alive.

CaliburofSouls

Lord of Altera
For graphic modification, there are only a 'few' I really use, save for little things:

( Bold = Link to mod page. Might add on to this later. There are a lot more that I don't use. )

- Pure Waters: Personally, it's my favourite water enhancer for Skyrim, though there are also choices like Realistic Water Two. Depends on preference.
- A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads: Not entirely sure if this counts as graphic modification either. It does what it says.
- Skyrim HD - 2k Textures: Does what it says, replaces a to nof textures (not sure which are excluded, if they are) with new, high-res, Vanilla-styled textures.
- Enhanced Blood Textures: Gives you options to enhance the look of blood and wounds on Skyrim, because it's always more courteous to shank people in HD.
- Climates of Tamriel: A great weather andlighting overhaul.
- Enhanced Lights and FX: Exactly what it says, I tend to use CoT (^) more for its weather and this for its lighting.
- Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM: < - Improves Static Meshes xP
- The Ruffled Feather - Mod Collection: I don't use this myself, but it's worth considering for a lot of options to quickly enhance Skyrim's overall look.
- Skyrim Flora Overhaul: Not entirely necessary, it adds more - well, flora to Skyrim.
- Immersive HUD: Not really graphic modification, it still makes Skyrim a tad more immersive and nicer in general if you use it right.
- Realistic Lighting Overhaul: A good option, though not my preference - honestly unable to recall or bother to check the distinction from ELFX.
- Footprints: Just a little addition.
- RealVision ENB: A bit graphic-intensive, but it certainly adds a nice finish and effects to Skyrim to go along with the previously mentioned mods. Other ENB's are nice too, but this is the one I - and, by the looks of it, many other players - use.
Can confirm, pure waters is the prettiest damn thing ever.

Spark

Broken
Ok, so I installed Skyrim again.

Started installing some sexy graphics mods, got 39 so far and then ENBseries to install. I'll post screenies when done. After this it's onto object, armour, weapon etc texture replacements, character model replacements, for dem bewbs and sexy ladies. Oh, not forgetting the mod that every skyrim modder should have installed, schlongs of skyrim. Then maybe some gameplay mods too. Updates coming later, if everything goes ok.

CaliburofSouls

Lord of Altera
Apachii hair, HD eyes, CBBE- oh, I see where this is going.

Actually my game started crashing after a while. Randomly on loading. Think I got too many things putting strain on loading. Might just stick to some less-intensive overhauls instead. Speaking of which, you should get the Epic Overhaul mod. Its basically a merger of some really good overhaul mods that affect numerous different aspects of gameplay. Civil War is probably the best part of that pack, since it makes the CW a bit better at least... and (not sure if it was this or another mod) made large-scale random-encounter battles between Imperials and Stormcloaks (kind of like how you see random drunkards from time-to-time).
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52487/?
When does your game crash? It could be a load order problem.

Spark

Broken
The product of half a day of modding. I spent literally 4+ hours trying to find an issue where the body and face skin tones were different, like, the body was beautifully tanned and the face was pale.

I then tried reinstalling all the mods I had before and then realised that the issue was that it was a shadow causing the different tones, a shadow. This was because I had alternate start installed and there was a beam in the cell partially blocking the light source. I was annoyed.

Behold, Slutty red riding hood and her loli jester neko army:

Will post more screenshots tomorrow

Spark

Broken
Apachii hair, HD eyes, CBBE- oh, I see where this is going.

Actually my game started crashing after a while. Randomly on loading. Think I got too many things putting strain on loading. Might just stick to some less-intensive overhauls instead. Speaking of which, you should get the Epic Overhaul mod. Its basically a merger of some really good overhaul mods that affect numerous different aspects of gameplay. Civil War is probably the best part of that pack, since it makes the CW a bit better at least... and (not sure if it was this or another mod) made large-scale random-encounter battles between Imperials and Stormcloaks (kind of like how you see random drunkards from time-to-time).
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52487/?
The one with random battles everywhere is called Immersive patrols, I used to have it but it just got annoying after a while, also not good for someone who is trying an immersive/difficult playthrough and can't resist the urge to scavange all the precious loots left that end. Other than that, very fun to watch spells and arrows fly everywhere.

Last edited: