Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished "Slaughterers of Lydel"

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
Okay. Being the one who died here I will say a few things

First off, @ACU20 , I still love you very much. :heart:

Second off, how is this mindless violence? He killed ONE person, because she stubbornly stood in his way and let his target get away, who, mind you, was helping an outlaw escape from him. The way he did it was very much overkill, yes, but he had a GOOD reason for it. Not only that, but if he found out that Therry was in fact harboring Garet, he would have, yet again, another reason for this death. Robert, both OOC and IC, regrets killing Therry.

Third, the RP coming from this. The amount of house conflict will increase dramatically from this, even from those houses who have few relations with Senatoor; like Gaby said, it was "the shot heard around the world" equivalent for this time period. Even though I'll be dead for a little while, I'm looking forward to the events coming from this.

The way this RP happened, I enjoyed thoroughly, and the circumstances of it were quite amazing. A few hours before her death, Elfa and Therry got engaged, and a lot of character development is going to happen because of this.

Oh, and Robert, do whatever you like with the character, I'd actually prefer he stay mostly the way he is, because I don't believe he would ever become a true villain, in any sense of the word. He's not built for that, just yet...

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
It's the entire group; ACU is not at all the only one to blame. Just stay out of the South, dude. It's messy down there.
Omg this is exactly what I've been trying to do but half the people I RP with on a normal basis are down south

I'm going to just huddle over in my igloo base and re-evaluate my IC friends.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Look, guys, if it gets any worse we're just going to stop you from RPing with each other. OOC is OOC, don't let it leak into RP. You are not your characters.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
First off, I don't think "The shot heard round the world" is a good thing or an accurate thing to compare this to. The shot heard round the world was used when a colony stood up against Britain(One of the largest empires at the time), I would classify this closer to common murder and one of the of en reasons people are gonna hear about it is because a halfling was killed. (Also who kills a halfling? They're so friggin adorable!)

Second, @TheDeester Some of us down here in the south have more reasons than just this to be angry at Senatoor.

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
So, this poster is meant to be interpreted in different ways. This could very much be simply a halfling freaking out more than he should be. But always remember, in this event especially, there is a LOT that doesn't meet the eye. People have a tendency to see OOC information and use it to help their characters make decisions. But try to remember that you char doesn't know everything that's happened. All they know is prior knowledge and this poster. Unless told otherwise, this poster is supposed to make Roberts crimes seem much worse than they really are. In reality, Robert only killed Therry, (almost killed Habin and Elfa, but Goren stopped him). However, Habin is going to blame a lot more on Robert. Things in reality he didn't do.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
So, this poster is meant to be interpreted in different ways. This could very much be simply a halfling freaking out more than he should be. But always remember, in this event especially, there is a LOT that doesn't meet the eye. People have a tendency to see OOC information and use it to help their characters make decisions. But try to remember that you char doesn't know everything that's happened. All they know is prior knowledge and this poster. Unless told otherwise, this poster is supposed to make Roberts crimes seem much worse than they really are. In reality, Robert only killed Therry, (almost killed Habin and Elfa, but Goren stopped him). However, Habin is going to blame a lot more on Robert. Things in reality he didn't do.
precisely this

Helios

Legend of Altera
* Dax, being somewhat of a guard of Lydel, slowly creeps from under a mossy boulder.

Then, collects his mail and crawls back under until about next Friday... *

C

Cubey

I'm honestly astounded at how little the whole forum post/discussion on senseless violence actually mattered. Robert is well on his way to being wiped off the face of the earth by every single rational person in Altera that can swing a sword, on principal alone. Frankly I don't think anyone has been this widely hated since Queen Grief herself.
hey, sorry I try to understand what do you mean? isnt they still hated since Grief?

Raith

Lord of Altera
hey, sorry I try to understand what do you mean? isnt they still hated since Grief?
I do believe what he is trying to say is that Grief herself was extremely hated, Robert on the other hand is hated just as much. that is how I interpreted it

C

Cubey

I do believe what he is trying to say is that Grief herself was extremely hated, Robert on the other hand is hated just as much. that is how I interpreted it
Thank you! I have finally understood :D Funny, how they hated Rob more than Grief, isn't they?