Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Snowymaximus's (2nd) Application [Approved - Niko]

Snowymaximus

Lord of Altera
Legend
Snowymaximus
Snowymaximus
Legend
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Snowymaximus

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using out of character knowledge and using it for in character purposes. For example, if you look at the dynmap and know someone's location, or go on the forums and find information you wouldn’t otherwise know IC.

Powergaming is roleplay where you remove the ability of another person to react to what you do, or force a player to do something. For example, I kicked Joe onto the ground and he started to bleed

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda – Mentors help new players and answer questions about plugins, lore, and the like.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello, my name is Snowy. I am a current college student, and will have been involved in numerous activities, especially in terms of guest relations and entertainment. I’ve devoted the past 4 years to volunteering at a zoo, and performed for nursing homes in my local service orchestra (I play the viola). I have partaken in sports such as swimming and track. I enjoy classical music and have a tendency to enjoy theater. I have been involved in online communities since 2012 that revolve around roleplay or building. From 2013-2014 I was in a group called the Noxcrew; and since then I have been a part of leadership groups in different outlets on steam. I have been apart of multiple roleplaying servers, such as Uthrandir, that are long gone. I am very flexible, and I will tend to just go with the flow in most cases.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Although I have no physical demonstration, I have done some good work in excel sheets and organizing folders.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found this server by looking up ‘Medieval Servers’ because they are the most fun. I'm back to reapply after a long absence.

Character Name:
Rae Astrid

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Rae Astrid, begotten of lady costume, plaids herself with distinctly male attributes in the body of some forgotten mistress. She is charmingly diverse in her appearance, with long black hair and grey eyes, yet fair white skin. Her tall slender body seemingly guides her terse black hair, and her sharp features pierce her plain dark attire. Her thick skin laces itself within a rather torn body, with soles and palms of rough texture and arms of gentle muscle, yet the face of a softened cloak.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

and
Unfinished MC Skin

Written Test!
An encounter: Markets and the art of library

The bustling streets of the market in Emerson were busy as ever. Strange shipments came from the west while fishermen began loading their salt stained bounty into their stalls from the east. Artisans and merchants from across the city gathered in the morning light of the sky; a fresh smell of old leather and fruits of all kinds roamed the air like a sweet and smokey buzz. In the steak houses, meats and grub poured into the streets, and the zing of lemons and melons pierced the taste buds of any passers-by. The soft reflection of the bread stands and bakeries flooded the nostrils of the pedestrians, so tempted by its soft glows; the blacksmith with his rusted anvil rung his hammer deep into the rhythm of the street. Yet despite the bustle and hustle of the day, Rae insisted to go to the library. She had gone not two days prior to browse a section for different medicinal ingredients, and had decided she would attend the presence and company of the librarian for her own pleasure this morning. A deliverance of steps awakened her day as she headed towards the familiar route through the market.

The day was placid. The partly cloudy skies seemed to shine brightest in her eyes on her route to the archive of books, and the rain from the night before made the day sticky and humid, filling the cobblestone road with puddles of potholes and faint mist; an uncomfortable feeling rose up Rae’s legs and neck, which felt claustrophobic underneath her turtleneck and dark attired dress. Yet she pretended to ignore it and not make a fuss, as most do, for she knew the library would be cooler than the hot summers day. The taste of salt rushed down the throat of Rae as she passed the markets ports.

Finally she had arrived, passing by the dubious smells, and entering the old library. Hidden underneath a small path and an unrelated shop, the Emerson library was one of the oldest libraries existing in the town. The smell of the entrance filled Rae’s brutish nose with an oaky and woody smell; like the buzz of incense that lingers in the back of your mind. She pushed the doorway slightly more ajar than it was, peering in to see of any residents that may be present. The only member in attendance was the librarian, Tommy, a stout man with a thick accent that ran the place. The library itself was very small, with several bookcases lined up by the entrance and towards the back. Each file was full of books, and was labeled neatly in alphabetical order by genre, as most libraries would be. There was a small section above regular height, which a ladder appeared to be the only way to reach, and Tommy's desk inhabited itself at the entrance - impossible to avoid. With that, she took a small step in an was immediately greeted.

Related image

“Halloo Rae! How’s moi favorite customer?

“Hello Tommy.”, replied Rae, shutting the door behind her. A small bell rang against the old frames as it slammed tight.

“Fine day for a lollop in' it?”, he said with a grin.

She nodded carefully, not wanting to jump too far into the conversation.

“Ah, yes, a fine day indeed!”, he said with alacrity, walking out of his enclosed desk to be closer to Rae with a massive grin and brow. He leaned against the desk with his hands and back, saying, “Why not a few days ago did oi find myself seeing yow 'are. Waa brings yow back so soon?”

“I’m looking for a book - for reading.. preferably pleasure... in some kind of... fiction; for what of I care little. Would you happen to have such books here?”, she said with a quick tone.

“Fiction eh?”, he said with a keen tone, “Well, there's little f’ tha bairn produced these days, not since moi grandpap hev oi had a good book to read like that, and not since all thur stuff that's bairn happening lately; noo toime for fiction do getting out f tha'... tha' would fare oi’d reckon. To much work ‘ese days!”, he laughed. “But!”, he exclaimed, walking towards the ladder that leaned behind an old shelf, “Oi do believe oi hev suffin around 'are tha may be anarl your liking.”

He began to climb the ladder, looking carefully for a book that matched a description provided.

The library smelled of a smokey flare; the rims of different sections puffing their way through the air. Curiously waiting and a tad impatient, Rae walked over toward him and stared, admiring his rough features. He was a small creature, old and nearly bald, with a neck as shriveled up as a prune. He had a large nose, similar to Rae, and wore hinde from some brutishly thick animal. His large hands laced the labels of the shelves, meticulously mouthing out each of their rims, seemingly polishing their texture with the oil of his fingers.

Rae began to tap her foot impatiently.

“'Are we goo!” He said, picking out a large leatherbound book from a mound of dusty shelves. 'Shadows f thur Lost Rose' -- eems interesting enow.” He climbed down the ladder carefully as it creaked with each step. Tommy glanced down at the book and handed it over to Rae, who took it from his hands to examine. She sat down at a nearby table, where Tommy followed, rambling.

“Now, oi woon hev taken yow for a mawther tha read rae, not many do around 'are and it's very rum tha a young, and daast oi say but pardon moi language, boo-ful and attractive woman as yourself be 'are rather than at thur house. Bu’ f course, that's noon ‘f moi busines. Oi started out yungin’ as wal fallin’ in love with ‘ese books, and oi really car' say tha i'd be sane to-day should oi hev missed out on thur opportunity to be 'are.”

A soon while after, Rae expressed her interest in the book, and asked to check it out. Walking out the door, Tommy called out, “Well, yow tairke care now, enjoy thur book i'm giving yow 'are and yow tal me do that's any good eh?”

Rae awkwardly smiled and nodded on her way out, shutting the realm of knowledge behind her, and holding her new book by her side.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Congratulations and welcome back!
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+