Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

SomeElvenGamer's Application [Declined-Ayda]

1) What is your minecraft username?
SomeElvenGamer

2) How old are you?

3) What country are you from?
Canada

4) Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5) In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: going beyond the rules and regulations of a game
Powergaming: progressing a goal without considering storytelling, atmosphere or lore

6) Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7) Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7 (223Hero7)

8) Tell us about yourself!
I'm SomeElvenGamer. I enjoy playing medieval roleplay minecraft servers. I can get deep into character when it comes to medieval roleplay sometimes.

9) Do you have any examples of your work?
I make my own skins all the time.

10) Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No one referred me. I found this while searching for medieval roleplay servers for minecraft.

Character Name:
Huor Celebrindal

Character Age:

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance and Picture:
(attached photo) I'm not good at describing my skin.

Written Test:

Huor was abnormal, an outsider to his own tribe and a member that didn’t exist. He was born on the run, hunted by the creatures that lurked in the shadows his mother had died in the process of giving birth. His father continued to carry the young child before giving him to a family in a small rural human settlements. His father was unresponsive and dazed from many injuries on the path, the medical attention he received was insufficient and could not spare his life and he was returned to the forest to spend out his time of eternal rest. Huor however did not return to the forest or his own kind. He was raised in the settlement with the humans and spent much of his time in the nearby woods. Hour was gifted with instincts and had a caring family but was not able to avoid the questioning looks of the human young-lings, families were concerned about if his family would return and many times they questioned whether keeping him would be safe. After staying in the village for 60 years they finally decided to exile him from the village. He spent his time wandering through the forest with tools he crafted on his own. He grew in his skills and learned the comfort of isolation. He communicated with the spirits of animals and would wander with animals at his side, hunting and sharing his meals with the various species that would wander with him from time to time. In time he was a flawless hunter, accurate and strong. His flawless physique and caring soul lead him deep into the forest. He crafted what he needed and never wasted anything, often storing remains in a hide backpack to use in a future tool or project. Huor was a forest elf with no home, no grove and no family. But nothing brought him down, he marveled at the natural beauty that was always around him. But it was only a matter of time before time and the world would catch up and find him. The world waits for nobody and even the gods could not keep him hidden forever in a world filled with the unknown. The natural and instinctual curiosity driving him ever closer to the edge of the forests and closer to the reality of this world. He was a wandering hunter, living off the land with the animals around him. And now he was here in a new part of an unknown world.

Attachments

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out a few things that I've found that are incorrect about your application then we can move forward!

✦ Your definitions of Powergaming and Metagaming are incorrect. Please go back and read this guide again, as you'll find the answers there!
✦ We try to avoid the cliche things of parents dying at an early age. We want to see your own creativity! So if there is a way to try again with your written test, that would be great!
✦ You mentioned in your writing test about being 'flawless' hunter and built. When starting out, skills need to be at a basic level, so that everyone starts out the same.
✦ Edit: Speaking with animals and spirits isn't something that we can do as that's a magic thing. We would need you to not use that for us to continue forward.

Last edited:
How did i get Powergaming and Metagaming wrong? I LOOKED UP THE DEFINITIONS! So how did I get it wrong? My parents death at an early age is creative, there are lots of roleplayers I know that wouldn't even go that far. I understand the basic skills, but elves are tuned with nature, they would have some way of communicating with animals.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
I understand that you're frustrated, and I apologize. I'll address each of your points in turn.

✦ "How did i get Powergaming and Metagaming wrong? I LOOKED UP THE DEFINITIONS! So how did I get it wrong?"
Those are not the definitions that are correct. We have outlined what the meanings are. Please read this guide, as it explains what we are looking for.
✦ "My parents death at an early age is creative, there are lots of roleplayers I know that wouldn't even go that far."
Parents death at an early age is a cliche, and is one that we've seen quite a few times and as such we tell people to avoid cliches.​
✦ "I understand the basic skills, but elves are tuned with nature, they would have some way of communicating with animals."
In our lore, Elves [Forest, specifically] do enjoy nature, yes, but they do not communicate with animals. That is also a form of a cliche, as well as possibly magic. If you would like to look into the lore of Forest elves, then please read this as it's our published lore for the specific race.​

Once again, once these things are addressed we can move forward.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart

I'm very sorry, but I must decline your application for inactivity.

You are perfectly free to re-apply however! Thank you for your time!​