Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Inactive Sophia von Dugald

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
1542166839594.png
credit for pic Elz

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. "

1539575611232.png

◄║ General Information ║►
Name: Sophia von Dugald
Titles:
  • Squire to Sir Gael von Dugald
  • Marshal of Storm's Landing
  • Priestess of Shelherana
  • Duchess of Kassin
Race: Human
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Date of Birth: 15th of Sunbright
Current Residence: Gottstürmer Bau
Relationship Status: Widowed
Social Status: Nobility

◄║ Physical Appearance ║►

Hair: Long fiery hair that is kept in a braided bun, with a good amount of loose hair hanging to her right side.
Eyes: Her eyes are both pale blue.
Skin: Pale, and heavily freckled from being outside over the years.
Height: 5'7
Body Type: Sophia isn't very curvy, but she is lean, a sign of her years of training.
Weight: 135 lbs
Distinguishing Features: She hasn't any tattoos, or scars from the various conflicts she's been in.

◄║ Personality ║►

General Attitude: Fake. Sophia is no longer happy, or willing to be as helpful as she had been before. Losing Gael a second time has changed her demeanor a lot towards those she doesn't feel she can trust.
Religious Values: Agnostic. She used to believe in Shelherana devoutly, but with time her faith in the Gods has weaned. She doesn't doubt their existence, but she doesn't seem to put much faith into them.
Languages Spoken: Rede, Common, Learning Elven
  • The ocean
  • Mountains
  • Forests
  • Daytime
  • The stars in the sky
  • Her children
  • Meaty meals
Dislikes:
  • Mimics
  • The Plague
  • Animosity
  • Spiders
  • The Undead
  • Her mother, at times
  • The volcanic region
Personal Goals:
  • Become a good leader - Sophia wants to be a leader that is respected and looked up to.
  • Become a good mother - Sophia hopes that she can provide a good life for her child(ren). She wants to be able to pass onto them the knowledge of her life, and of Gael's life.
  • Get to know Arianne better - Sophia is interested in becoming better friends with the Elf.
  • Learn Cogimency - Magic is something that interests her. Bending the minds of others interests her even more.
  • Travel Altera
  • See Linistel - The desert has a certain charm to it.
  • Return to Oren - She would like to return to where her journey truly begun with Gael.
  • Visit Varynhalle
Fears:
  • Mimics
  • Losing her sons
  • Death
  • Dragons
  • Lightning
1539576630400.png

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
1539615107016.png

1539615116599.png

◄║ Health ║►
Illnesses:
  • Plague
Allergies:
  • Pollen
Sleeping habits: She is a light sleeper. She does not wake for some sounds, but loud noises and at time noises like a door opening quickly, or heavy footsteps may disturb her from her slumber.
Energy level: She has the normal energy levels for a woman that is pregnant.
Eating habits: She eats for two.
Memory: She has a good memory. Typical of an average twenty-year-old.
Any unhealthy habits:
  • Drinking
◄║ History ║►
Childhood: Sophia was born to Katherine von Alder and Henri Muller. Her parents own a farm in the North, cultivating common foods that can withstand a harsh climate like cabbage, beets, and carrots. This is the life Sophia has always known, farming. Her father taught her basic self-defense, in case she should need it both in Queensport, or on the fields. Her brother Patrik is three years younger than her, with the same features as her. Freckles, blue eyes, and ginger hair. Her family also provided her with education, specifically her mother, on how to write, speak, and read in both Rede and Common. For the most part, her childhood was pretty uneventful.

Teen years: Sophia's teen years weren't very special until she convinced her family to allow her to leave the farm and seek out work in Queensport. After arriving she tried to find a knight who she could learn from. She wanted nothing more than to become a respected knight herself. Through Fleur De Courtnay, she came into the squireship of Sir Gael von Dugald. A rather tart man who she felt nervous around. She didn't feel comfortable having all these newfound responsibilities and expectations. She wanted to please him but was rather unable to. She worshipped Shelherana, and sought to train and become a capable fighter, but never have to really slay anything. This worked against her when she fell out of his graces. Rather than seek ways to mend herself in his eyes, she fled what was Anhald and found herself in Storm's Landing. in Storm's Landing, she joined a guard force that was newly formed there and focused on becoming the best guard she could be. It turned out to be a lot more investigative work, but through that, she was promoted to Marshal. As Marshal of Storm's Landing, she tried to instill order into a city of anarchy. With the rather absent Baron Crawford's presence, she had little to no backing or power that helped her word hold true. Eventually, her resolve crumbled as her friends dwindled, and she removed herself to the Sisterhood Temple to have some form of solitude from the world. This ended when the Plague struck. She went to Compendium, to offer aid in any way she could, but this worked against her as she eventually fell ill with the Plague herself. The Plague killed her. It was a long and agonizing death, but the Sisterhood revived her shortly after. From there she went to Linlea.

Adult years: Her adult life has been one that she believes to be plagued with hardship. After the Plague had ravaged the lands she returned hopeful, along with her allies, to Alderwood Cove to begin planning their next move, and hers. With Gael, she had two children, Lothaire and Ansfrid, that have begun to grow into young men (melf? men elf?). Things had begun to look up as they completed their own castle, and begun to look further for expansion of their lands. Gael was eventually murdered by a few men from Hawklight, resulting in her current state of a more cold and calculating personality hidden behind a smile. She wants what is best for her sons, and may go to extreme measures to protect them.

Past places of residence:
  • Varyn Lands - Her family's farm
  • Queensport - The inn
  • Oren - Sir Gael von Dugald's house
  • Storm's Landing - Guard Barracks
  • Sisterhood Temple - A camp
  • Compendium - The hospital
  • Linlea - A house in the water
  • Alderwood Cove - Summermist Manor
  • Gottstürmer Bau - A Castle
History of family: There isn't much to tell about her family. Her mother's family were nobles of little to no fame that resided in the South despite their ties to Anhald, and her father's family were merchants and farmers. There isn't any history to them that they can hold much pride in, and the furthest back they can trace is Sophia's Great-Grandfather on her mother's side. The family she has formed with Gael is one she looks forward to being a part of. She is also excited to have a sister-in-law and hopes that Guinevere will be a part of her life.

1539616665238.png

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
1539616755139.png

1539616768229.png

◄║ Trivia ║►
Current home: Gottsturmer Bau
Favorite types of food: She enjoys a variety of foods, but is partial to sweet foods, and savory ones.
Favorite types of drink: She enjoys cheaper alcohols like ales, meads, and beers. She is learning to enjoy wine, to seem more refined in taste.
Hobbies/past times:
  • Painting
  • Woodcarving
  • Training
  • Reading
  • Studying
  • Alchemy
  • Sewing
  • Archery
Guilty pleasures:
  • Researching dangerous creatures
  • Drinking before the evening meal
  • Mixing poisons and potions
Pet peeves:
  • Chewing with mouth open
  • Speaking with food in the mouth
  • Condescending people
  • Her mother
  • Liars
  • Haughty attitudes
  • People who use their misfortune as an excuse to do wrong
Pets: -
Talents:
  • Painting - She spends a lot of private time painting. Not for anyone in particular, but rather for herself. She hopes to have a small studio for her art in Gottsturmer Bau to better develop her artistic skills.
  • Archery - She enjoys practicing archery and hunting.
Favorite colors: Yellow
Favorite type of music: Tavern music. She enjoys how lively it is.

◄║ Combat and Training ║►
Peaceful or violent: She is only violent when she needs to be. If able, she will try to avoid conflict.
Weapons:
  • Short Spear - The spear broke when she was fighting off the undead alongside Raalvara at a shrine to Ignis. She obtained it from Gael.
  • Bearded Axe - The ax was one she picked up the same night the spear broke, she stopped using it once she became a guard for Storm's Landing.
  • Longsword - A typical guardsmen sword. When she was promoted she stopped using it.
  • Composite Bow - She keeps a bow at her house, and does not often carry it with her on travels.
  • Misericorde - Her only close weapon for the moment. She bought it before going to the Sisterhood Temple.
  • Greatsword - Her favorite weapon by far, until Gael destroyed it in the battle against 'The Harvester.'
  • Magnhild - A longsword she favors now. She had it crafted for her, along with Wulfheim.
  • Wulfheim - Another longsword with more of a straight edge. She does not often wield it.
Style of fighting: Mixed (I'm not really sure how to describe a style of fighting. If we're going off of fantasy style classes for a character, I'd have to say she'd fight more in the style of a scout. Not so good with heavy armors, or big bulky weapons, but not exactly great with daggers and no armor.)
Skills:
  • Swords - Proficient. She knows how to kill creatures fairly well with a blade. She's not yet used it on another human though.
  • Axes - She isn't very good with one, but knows basic stances.
  • Daggers - She is becoming better with a dagger as time passes, beginning to see the use in having such an easily concealed weapon.
  • Spears - Her first weapon. She still remembers the stances and how to properly hold herself when using a spear. It would be her most formal (technical, as in, she'd appear most confident in it) weapon.
  • Horseback Riding - She would like to become better at riding horses.
  • Archery - She knows the basics of archery, and with that, she is good at hunting.
  • Heavy Armor - She knows how to wear, and maintain it.
  • Light Armor - She spent little time in only a chainmail from Gael. It is unlikely she is effective in its usage.
  • Unarmed - She has little to know Hand-to-Hand combat training.

1539618732562.png

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
1539655840204.png
(By AncientBean)

1539655855060.png

◄║ Relationships ║►

╔ Loved ╗

Lothaire von Dugald - "I fear you may follow your father's footsteps. I hope you don't risk your own life to avenge his." - Sophia loves Lothaire, and has grown closer to him she feels after Gael has died. She will do anything to protect her children. (Mitch)

Ansfrid von Dugald - "I wonder what you will do?" - Sophia is curious to see what Ansfrid will do. She wonders what he will be in his life. (Kamaoe)

╔ Family ╗

Henri Muller - "You've taught me many things. I only wish what you taught me would have helped me with the things I've done." - Sophia's father taught her many things in life. However, they'd only have been useful if she decided to live her life out as a simple farmer.

Katherine von Alder - "You gave me life. That is all." - Sophia holds disdain for her mother. She is uncertain how such a cold and callous bitch would have garnered the affection of her father.

Patrik Muller - "I hope you're doing well kiddo." - Sophia's brother is someone she enjoyed running around with and trying to teach him things their father had taught her. She hopes he is doing well back on the farm.

Guinevere - "I hope to call you friend in time." - Her newly found Sister-In-Law. She hopes the learn more about Guin, and become good friends with her. ( Charybdis )

╔ Friends ╗

Olive - "We've come a long way." - Sophia believes Olive to be one of her closest friends and would risk a lot to protect her friend from suffering as she has done so often before. ( Smurf )

Raalvara Mason - "I hope you're feeling better. I hope things go well for you." - She understands where her friend was coming from. She believes in Raalvara, as she has little reason to doubt the woman. She does wonder what compelled her to give Dawnbreak to the creature though. ( Raal )

James Varyn - "I'm glad you're back." - She is happy that James is back. She recognizes those eyes though, and that makes her nervous. ( TheDeester )

Melarue - "I hope I can continue learning from you." - Sophia has begun to learn to heal from Melarue. She hopes that she'll continue to learn both medical applications and Elven from her. ( Elz )

╔ Familiar ╗

Podric Flanders - "I wonder what you're up to." - Sophia thought she and Podric had something special, but he broke it off with her in a dramatic rainy day scene at the harbor. Since then she hasn't felt the desire to even call him a friend, but she does worry about him at times. ( Luam )

Jaden Seeker - "Are we friends? Can I consider you as such?" - She is curious as to what Jaden thinks of her, and what that day meant. ( CloakedReaper )

Joseph Vaylen - "I suppose I'll be seeing you around more often." - She wonders about him. She doesn't know anything about Joseph if she's honest. She would like to get to know him better. ( JoeJoe )

Catherine - "You're good to talk to. I know little about you though." - It makes her nervous, knowing almost nothing about the woman when she has said so much to her. ( Sizzix )

Caerwyn Hawklight - "Gael's squire. We've spoken very little." - She thinks it would be a good idea to become aquatinted with him, at the least. ( Rygan )

Oskar Harrister - "I wonder if we can remain friendly." - A null marriage, a falling out, and confusion and doubts plague her thoughts when Oskar comes to mind. She wonders what the validity of his word is. ( Chados )

Arianne Rosemont - "I hope we can become friends." - She enjoys Arianne, and see's her as someone who is worth having around. ( Rossu )

Ashna - "You seem to be a fair leader." - She wonders how Ashna is able to keep it together. She wonders if the Moor shows much emotion to others. ( Solus )

Gilligan - "You're a curious little thing." - She does not particularly care for Gilligan. She doesn't dislike him. He's just there, in her mind. ( Samwych )

Nikolche Variclav - "I wonder if you'd've considered my offer at all." - She had spoken to Niko about tutilage, and wonders if he'd even consider her to be a student. ( Niko )

Ater - "A strange doctor. A witch doctor?" - Curious man. She knows little about him. ( Magiik )

Elizabeth Kane - "I wonder if we have anything in common." - As time passes, she wonders if the Kanes are just stoic people with no ability to feel happy. She wonders if Elizabeth is even able to relax. ( NIAH )

Charles Kane - "Are you capable of smiling?" - The same as his sister. ( Lannis )

Linden - "You try you're best. That's better than most." - She finds Linden refreshing, amongst the cold and rather emotionless lot that plague the lands. ( RagingLunacy )

Kopii - "I'm not sure if I believe you to be reliable." - She is unsure of Kopii. She can recall more negative experiences, than she can good. ( Omikuji )

Leofaren Venna - "You seem as stoic as Kitrana." - She doesn't know much. ( Shankster )

Kitrana Dawnriver - "A good fit for Leofaren, I suppose." - She only knows that Kitrana has died before, by Maceo's hand. ( French Roast )

╔ Wary of ╗

Sir Florian von Piers - "Do you have feelings?" - She believes him to be a cold man. She wonders if he even feels sadness, love, and joy. ( Cap )

╔ Disliked ╗

Sir David - "The friend of my enemy is no friend of mine." - She is unsure if Sir David has a hand in all this. She believes he might be the one that looted Gael's body. (Promanguy1223)

╔ Hated ╗

Lord Forrest - "Your existence is a plague." - Sophia would hope for nothing more than to see his head separated from his body. (LeftwardElk)

Tirius - "I hope the gods will have mercy on you, for I have none to spare." - She believes Tirius to be just as guilty as Forrest in the murder of her husband. (Tohm)

╔ Missed ╗

Gael von Dugald - "You will be avenged." - Sophia is broken by the death of her husband. She feels she has lost him again and will stop at nearly nothing to end the lives of all those who had a hand in his death. ( Scardrac )

1539663495402.png

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
This is reserved solely for any art I come across, or any art I commission or get gifted for Sophia.

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Added some people to relations, fixed some minor information, new quote, and that's all for now folks.