Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Soralis Application[Approved-Ayda]

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Soralis_Games

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
O' Canada (Yes I did just use a reference from Canada's national anthem)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yep (Survival Guides, I would like to go over again while I'm awaiting approval (I read it but it was the last one and didn't sit well in my memory)).

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information OOC or anything not involving an IC experience for IC purposes.

PowerGaming (The one that angers me the most, and I despise the most), is when a player has imaginary followers help in combat, or give information to the player. Another form is also doing an action, that doesn't let the other player react.
EX: I swing my sword and behead you.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Wandering Ranger (Wanderer_Joe)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a 20 year old that has recently graduated from a game design course, and was taught by two game designers that worked on Mass Effect 3, and Dragon Age Origins. I'm currently working on a new turn base, medieval fantasy game for mobile devices with an artist.
My hobbies are:
Collecting (Collector Editions & SteelBook cases (Games), and Pop Figures), Swimming, Bowling, Game Development (Unity Engine, and C#), Drawing, Gaming, Chating and chilling with friends or new people on discord,

I role-play mostly as a chaotic-neutral or chaotic-evil character, however I have left the Minecraft RP scene due to constantly running into horribly ran servers (With abusive staff and players getting held above others with their OOC relationship with the owner). I hope to re-spark my interest here and make some new friends while I'm at it.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yes I have a whole website dedicated to my work on games I have created and worked on. Feel free to take a look, and check it out (Not advertising but I would love to improve it and show off more of my work).
Link: https://kennethreid.weebly.com

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found this server from my friend Zorro248, while he was over at my house he recommended this server. Due to the staff (In his words), "Actually helping you when you need it and when you get started. They also do a fantastic job!".

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Callum J. Melark

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human!

Appearance:
Eyes: Greyish blue
Hair: Dark brown
Skin Colour: Pale
Cloths: a dark loose shirt, with a cape that was passed down Callum's family tree (Cape: dark red, with multiple torns and dried blood marks on it).

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
The water splashed against the wooden side of the creaking boat, as the young Callum tried to hide his family's journal from the incoming water. He read old stories his family had endured which ranged from: Fighting in wars, joining bandits, becoming wealthy only to loose it all, and learning magic in some cases... But one thing stayed in his family for as long as Callum could remember. Their obsession with finding artifacts that could tip certain events in their favour. This would almost clarify as a family curse, if it wasn't for Callum growing up with a sickly obsession for exploring, and his curiosity for rare objects. Which he can't say the same for his older brother and the rest of his current family. The rest of his family... well they appeared to not be as ambitious as Callum. Callum would dive into a dungeon at the slightest tale of treasure, where his family would be more cautious. This thought made Callum ponder on what treasures he might find, and if he could manipulate a poor villager to go grab it for him..
"Land Ho!" Yelled a sailor, interrupting Callum's thoughts.
Callum placed the old journal in his pocket and stood using the side of the boat for balance from the unstable boat, and the slipper surface.
His family's slightly ruined cape drooped off his shoulders, barely missing the ground as he stood staring upon the land of Altera. A land he was told would hold opportunities and a new beginning for himself and his family.... or what use to be his family.
So far his trip to this land was anything but pleasant. He thought of his brother and sickly mother, that were both lost to the sea on their journey to this mysterious land. He was all that remained of the Melark family, and was determined to not let it vanish with his demise, whenever it should rear it's ugly head.
This was his opportunity, to use his cunning nature to start a life and leave the death of his family behind him. As the boat reached the docks, he left, grabbing his family's belongings and departing from this cruel vessel. Callum had plans for this new land.. maybe a start a town, maybe become a merchant, or a guard.. anything was possible. As he left the docks, he hitched a ride on the back of a merchant's cart, reaching into a bag and grabbing an apple, as he sat back to enjoy the ride.

Attachments

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out a few things that I've found that are incorrect about your application then we can move forward!

✦ Your definition of Powergaming was only partially correct. Please look at the links for the Kings Law and other provided material for the answer.
✦ Your written test was only 200 words, while it needs to be 400 words minimum.

Updated and fixed the definition of Powergaming and updated the Written test (I can't really tell how many words are in the story, as I have no way of knowing).

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
You're getting closer! But you're still fifty words short for your written test. If you have no way of knowing, then you can always use this website.
https://wordcounter.net/
You plug in what you've written and it tells you what your word count is.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Last edited: