Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Starsector

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Watched a friend play Starsector and I watched this review:

Thus I have purchased the game and, like all my other threads, will post any progress if I enjoy this game =)

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
UH OH

UH OH

UH OH

IT'S WAKE PLAYS VIDEO GAME TIME
EVERYONE HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
The Lobster Adventures:

I dock on a core world called Volturnian. Turns out: this single planet is the only place in the entire Galaxy which produces blue lobsters.

And it just so happened that a man needed a delivery done

Not a far trip neither. 27'000 dollary doos easy cash

Journey was swift: lobster adventure over.

Except the Lobster Adventure was a prelude into something far more intriguing.
You see, next to this planet was a moon or... rock planet, I do not know. It had some ruins on it. On this ruin was this beautiful thing:

So I took it.
And I sold it on the Black Market for 400'000 dollary doos.

I then went out and bought the largest cargo ship I could buy and called it Chungus. I am now the official Lobster man.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
That core is nice for when settling your own planet. Just be careful because if I remember right, certain cores are pretty much outlawed. Can be arrested if carrying one and people will attack colony if they are used in colony. Though you can bribe your way out of both so, meh.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
The Lone Lobster:

Was delivering a shipment of ore across the core worlds when suddenly pirates came out of nowhere and flew towards me at the speed of sound

I do not know how combat works. I had guns, which the game does not start you with -- but I did not know how to use them effectively. We lost two good ships trying to escape.

Skipped a system: I thought we were in the clear. I was wrong.

With a single ship left and a single lobster, the ship became atply named 'The Lone Lobster.' I do not think the ore is being delivered; nor do I think I will be playing much more of this character as my first playthrough was destroyed by a pirate fleet which came out of a hyperspace point as I was approaching it.

Captain Lana get to the nearest bar on an independent planet and began to drink away the rest of her fortunes.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
If you are lucky, sometimes you can boost away then go into stealth mode. It looks like you accidentally ran into pirate controlled territory or an area they where raiding. One tip I have is to simply leave your transponder off when out of system and then try to steer clear of all ships. Just remember to turn it back on before nearing/entering civilized colony areas.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
The Rise of Linistel:
Ruu Darling

The last game was a disaster. Shipping business was not booming at all and pirates are a very serious problem. Thus, in this game, I decided to do a lot of exploration. In doing surveys of planets, I found a very exciting 'Terran' world with fertile farms. Thus, Linistel was born on the fringes of space.

Unfortunately, the path to success to wrought with dangers.

Thankfully, the raid was not success for whatever reason. I was exploring the star system next door where I found naught but barren rocks. The shiny star north of Linistel's system of Socona, however, was filled with ship debris (thanks to the hostile AI) which I looted and took back to Linistel. Needless to say, the stockpile of Linistel is brimming with goodies. This was a good 2 hour play!