Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Stats FAQ

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
(Post questions here, and I'll update the main post)

Q: What does the Crafting skill do?
A: Right now, the main function for it is that each point gives an additive 20% modifier to how fast you get HollowCrafting EXP. Don't buy focus in it unless you like the odds of having to roll it in events.

Q: Is there a reason to take Crafting if you're already capped out?
A: No, but we're looking for ways to make it meaningful to do so.

Q: Does this replace /card?
A: Mostly, yes. Everything but /card show and /card language has been moved to the new plugin.

Q: What do I roll to block or parry an attack?
A: Roll melee for blocking

Q: When do I have to roll?
A: You only have to roll if:
  • Your action is being actively resisted
  • The outcome of your action is reasonably in doubt
You don't have to roll for everything you do, it's mostly for cases where it's not certain that something should happen.

Last edited:

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Regarding the crafting stat, if I have a character that already has their peak knowledge in it in the current system (master rank) do we need to put points into it to maintain precedent?

(Unless I misunderstand the changes.)

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Regarding the crafting stat, if I have a character that already has their peak knowledge in it in the current system (master rank) do we need to put points into it to maintain precedent?

(Unless I misunderstand the changes.)
No, right now the only real benefit to it is if you're learning, and you're fine to leave it unused. tbh I don't expect there to be many crafting checks in events, unless it's the obligatory 'patch a leak in the hull' in every sailing event, but we are looking for other ideas to have it be meaningful for folk that have already capped out.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
No, right now the only real benefit to it is if you're learning, and you're fine to leave it unused. tbh I don't expect there to be many crafting checks in events, unless it's the obligatory 'patch a leak in the hull' in every sailing event, but we are looking for other ideas to have it be meaningful for folk that have already capped out.
You could do a "roll to understand event material" for crafting--i.e. adding some mystical yield into a weapon like that immortal barb into an immortal barb-ed dagger. I'd happily take a hit on not being able to do that so that people that think more gooder than Bennett can.

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
Under the commands it talks about height and race and weight etc. is this replacing the cards?

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Under the commands it talks about height and race and weight etc. is this replacing the cards?
Yep. There'll still be a few commands left over because it's easier to keep them bundled with the chat plugin, /card show and /card language, but otherwise they're all with the new plugin.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
How would you explain this system to a toddler, if you had to?

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
How would you explain this system to a toddler, if you had to?
"Put points into your skills and attributes to represent what your character is good at, and when a contest comes up IC you roll what makes sense for the situation. If your character's really good at a specific thing, like fighting with longswords, get points of focus to represent that. You want more green numbers (successes) on your roll than whatever you're rolling against, and sometimes it's easier or harder to get those depending on what the situation is IC."

Last edited:

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
You gain experience by RPing or from some events, up to ten per month.
oh... so cgharacters protrayed as i do mien are not likely to experience any advancement expecially as all events are during my working horus. Hopefully i cna somehow make up a deficiency by sticking any available points into evasion

Last edited:

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
oh... so cgharacters protrayed as i do mien are not likel yto experience any advancement expecially as all events are during my working horus. Hopefully i cna somehow make up a deficiency by sticking any available points into evasion
I imagine with a character like Valtae you'll still gain "experience" from healing and caretaking others (I don't know what the other characters you play are). As much as I like to play hit-thing characters I don't think the system is designed with just me in mind.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
How is the stats given? Is it coded or... does somebody physically have to give the XP?
I am very confused by this in general.

Lana's lore stat, for example, I want to be through the roof. However, how do I show/make way for her medical stats?
Do I get to decide or does somebody decide for me?

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
To generally address the above, you should be able to reliably get all the experience you can for a month just by RPing fairly regularly. It doesn't need to be in an event, any type of RP counts, and it'll give you the experience for it automatically.

How is the stats given? Is it coded or... does somebody physically have to give the XP?
I am very confused by this in general.

Lana's lore stat, for example, I want to be through the roof. However, how do I show/make way for her medical stats?
Do I get to decide or does somebody decide for me?
It's all plugin based, and there are menus for leveling up and seeing what your stats are. You get experience by RPing/being grandfathered, but it's generally automatically earned through RPing. You can then spend that experience on any of the skills and attributes via an in-game interface, you get to decide all on your own.

mageaegis

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
I believe this may have already been brought up, but features such as the Theodran blessed passive for stealth would simply lower the dc for success?

Last edited:

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
I believe this may have already been brought up, but features such as the grey vyre silent step or the Theodran blessed passive would simply lower the dc for success?
That works for now, yeah, just talk it out with whoever's involved. At some point we'll maybe try to add numbers/passives to the plugin, but as you can imagine that's a pretty big one.

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
whats thre threshold for surgery in the medical stat, tried to dispribute my XP to relevant portions but at medical 3, How would I nerf Valtaae to exclude surgery if medical 3 isnt enough

Edioted, after a lot of BK i edited typos

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
It's more of if it's needed to be rolled for for an event in most cases I believe. though the DC seems like a good question.

Last edited:

ZeroOrgan

Lord of Altera
Heya! I've got a question about focus! Would it be reasonable to have focus points in Fortitude to resist against pain, and focus points in determination to resist fear?

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Heya! I've got a question about focus! Would it be reasonable to have focus points in Fortitude to resist against pain, and focus points in determination to resist fear?
Yes, though be reasonable with the 'resist pain.'