Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[STEP-recap] - Safety and Freedom!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
RECAP
Today's protest recapped for everyone who couldn't make it. There were plenty of people siding with both parties, so you may use this recap as if you were there and heard it all, to help you make up your character's mind on where to stand in all this.

Today, a man stood atop a cart and spoke to the people, for the people. His name; Arthur Blackby.

"What of these disappearances, eh?

First the baron, then those other two, and now another one?! Our streets are riddled with vermin from the underworld. Our streets, our hard-fought streets, built by the labor and sweat of us; good laborer folk! We pay our taxes, like an honest man should, but the guards haven't gotten one step closer to finding these poor missing people. Who is next? Me? Or perhaps you, sir, when you walk to work? Or perhaps you, madam, when you get some food to feed your family?

I say we strike! We stay HOME! You all know how it is, go to fetch some fire-wood and get mugged in your own backyard? Go to get your groceries and get stabbed by some crack-head lunatic who's on a bad trip?! And the guards, where are they then? We pay taxes for that spineless bunch, but we are NOT safe! We are NOT free, in this rotten town. This town that would be the jewel of the new world. I know some of you have fought of no less than a kraken to get to these lands, and now we see our precious town suffocated by crime and organized drug trade! I say NO MORE! We stay home, and we don't pay nobody nothing until there is change. We look to our own, take care of each other, until this faulty system makes way for a better system! Make place for an iron fist that brings hell's own fury down upon this blatant blemish upon our dear town.

And what of the vyres, you ask? Aye, what of em? How is it POSSIBLE that we've let vyres decide what happens to vyres in their own society? If one of their own breaks the law, then you truly believe they'll endorse the punishments that are to befall on them. DOUBT! Yes, and you doubt it rightfully so. We need someone to enact god's own wrath and vengeance and sweep our streets clean of this vermin.

Do not let this town-hall before which we stand fool you into submission. This symbol, created to placate us, to tell us: "everything will be alright." But it won't be alright! Wake up, now! Don't slowly fall into the sleep they wish to impose upon us. Not while our precious streets lay covered in the blood of innocents. Not while us good laboring folk are pigs to the vyre-slaughter. Not while our own guards fear to walk the nightly shift alone. These guards did not earn their shiny badges! We strike today! Enact change! We want safety and freedom! I say; SAFETY AND FREEDOM!"

Last edited: