Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

steven21113043 Application [Approved - Charybdis]

visok_orel

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
steven21113043

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta gaming is taking outside information that your character could not possibly have known and using it in-game to give yourself an advantage (i.e. Jon finds out whilst in discord with Randy that his faction will lead an attack on his in the next couple of hours, he immediately warns his clan.) Power gaming is where you do something regardless of the reasonability of it and force another person to just accept it (i.e. I cast my mega ultra lightning bolt on all four of you and kill you instantly, no discussion it is my ultimate ability and you can do nothing to stop it so deal with it.)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, and I am glad as some servers do and it ruins a lot of the experience.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Steven Manning, and I love roleplay! I am into a huge variety of music but primarily love folk, power metal, classic rock, and gothic classic. I love a wide variety of shows but am mostly into very creative animations and more home brewed live action shows. I am deeply into games and even help develop them with my best friend. Dota is an extreme passion of mine and I love to write too.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
1539592697564.png

1539592843169.png

1539592924793.png

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Yes, jonmitchell referenced me here as he is the one who found the server for us.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Visok Orel

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
1539593379649.png

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Refer to above, looks and all in one place.

Written Test!
It was never easy being a carpenter, especially not in a city so poor.Visok or Orel as many people called him by his family name, could remember the day his father had passed the trade onto him. His back had given out and with it his spirit, but despite the many hardships he had endured he still gave Orel his old tools with pride. ‘It is an honorable job, Visok.’ His father told him, ‘Not many people appreciate it, but you are one of the many that build the walls and roofs of this city. We are it’s bones, it’s blood, it’s caretakers.’ Orel remembered it all, his father's words, the smile on his face as he passed him the tools of his trade, and the plague ravaging his body just like it had his mother. Orel remembered a great many things, and only came to remember more as he heard the shouts and calls and whispers and wales of the city he helped build. And so it might come as no surprise that he also remembers Lord Antagonos. He remembered his wicked ways, his lack of care for the people, his obsession with the power of nobility… and the look of horror on his face as he took it all away with his own two hands. Yes Orel remembers a great many things, but above all else he remembers his own mistakes. The king he helped usurp, his friends he betrayed to do so, the king he usurped himself, and the blood he used to build the unseen foundation of his city. Staring out over the city Orel let out a contented sigh, ‘At least now the memories will be better.’ Looking back, he hoped he would remember these words as true.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello. Your application is all good, except for your written test not meeting the 400 word requirement. Please reply to this thread when you'd like me to look again.

visok_orel

Villager
It was never easy being a carpenter, especially not in a city so poor.Visok or Orel as many people called him by his family name, could remember the day his father had passed the trade onto him. His back had given out and with it his spirit, but despite the many hardships he had endured he still gave Orel his old tools with pride. ‘It is an honorable job, Visok.’ His father told him, ‘Not many people appreciate it, but you are one of the many that build the walls and roofs of this city. We are it’s bones, it’s blood, it’s caretakers.’ Orel remembered it all, his father's words, the smile on his face as he passed him the tools of his trade, and the plague ravaging his body just like it had his mother. Orel remembered a great many things, and only came to remember more as he heard the shouts and calls and whispers and wales of the city he helped build. And so it might come as no surprise that he also remembers Lord Antagonos. He remembered his wicked ways, his lack of care for the people, his obsession with the power of nobility… and the look of horror on his face as he took it all away with his own two hands. Yes Orel remembers a great many things, but above all else he remembers his own mistakes. The king he helped usurp, his friends he betrayed to do so, the king he usurped himself, and the blood he used to build the unseen foundation of his city. Staring out over the city Orel let out a contented sigh, ‘At least now the memories will be better.’ Looking back, he hoped he would remember these words as true, for he was no longer just a carpenter in this fair city but a councilman, His father had always said that carpentry was an honest job, unappreciated by the regular folk. So it felt weird to him to be in such an admired position now, looked up to by the people. So weird was the feeling that Orel often shied away from the public eye giving him his second nickname, The Lonesome Hawk, which might have been a pun as his name meant to be one who soars over others. Either way, Orel despite all the frills and fashions that had been tagged to Orel's name now he was till a carpenter at heart and a carpenters work was never finished. Orel knew that times had changed for the better, but it was only the foundation he had built, now came the structure.

There is now 400 words here, hopefully this is good. Thanks for the prompt response!

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
No problem. Another mentor will be seeing to your friends' applications relatively soon as it is very late (or early) in my timezone.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.