Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Storm's Landing Travel System

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
Important!: Update to this thread, as the new version of spawn approaches the spawn team is looking to get a few new applicants to have their regions linked to spawn. Please read over the guidelines below to see if your region qualifies as an RP hub to be linked to spawn. Either post your application in the thread below, or send a PM to Kamaoe & Warwolf
-Also if you currently have a port set up at spawn, some regions that have become inactive since their port was set up may be in danger of losing your port at spawn.

Ports Summary:
Storm’s Landing will act as the central travel point. There will be ports set aside for hubs, through which players may fast travel from Storm’s Landing to one of the hubs and vice versa. Travel from Storm’s Landing to a travel hub will cost 100r. A travel hub will then have ports to the non-hub regions around them. Travel to a non-hub from one of the hubs listed will only have a cost depending on the amount of blocks away from the main hub the secondary region is.

Owners of regions within 7500 blocks of a hub may request for their regions to be connected to said hub. There will be a port request thread, whereupon players will request said port. The player making the request must work with the owner of the hub region to establish the port and destination coordinates of each port. Once all of that information is submitted, staff will make the port. Regions where it makes more sense to connect to Storm's Landing than to the nearest hub MAY request a port from Storm's Landing. That status may be revoked if a more sensible option appears.

Hubs:
For a region to become a hub, the owner of the region must apply for the region to have hub status. Staff will evaluate the application and approve or deny accordingly. Currentlyu the system goes in a first come, first server. So if all ports are filled when you apply for hub status you may have to wait till a port is removed due to acivity to gain a port at Storm's Landing.

When a rolling application is approved, the spawn team will choose a port location appropriate for the region it is connecting to. The staff will then create the port from spawn to the hub region and vice versa.

Currently there are 3 carriage stalls and 5 non-server dock slips. These and the many other future ports will be scattered throughout the city, meaning not all ports are created equally. Some might be deemed to be in a "better" location than others, and that we may run into a supply shortage at first. However, we want to make the initial process of giving out ports as fair as possible. To that end, the cost of a port will be free-- you need only supply the materials if you are using a cart or a ship that does not already exist in the build.

Once a hub application is submitted, staff will make sure that all the prerequisites are fulfilled, then consider a number of factors in determining whether to approve or deny the application. Staff are instructed to consider the totality of the circumstances, and to that end, no one factor shall weigh enough to approve or deny the application. Factors will be the IC reasoning behind locating a port there, the scope of the target region (completion of builds), the size and standing of the faction including but not limited the number of active members, the number of dependent regions for travel purposes, geography, the distance to the next port, and other reasonable considerations. If an application is denied, staff are instructed to explain why and, where and when appropriate, help the applicant get approved.

Once you have a port at spawn you will be able to keep your port for as long as your region remains active ICly, either through general roleplay within the region, or hosted events on a monthly basis. The secondary factor when considering your port is the number of active members who actively live in your region. Ports will be updated every three months unless a port needs to be removed sooner. What this means is every three months the spawn team will avaluate each port for activity and remove the inactive ports. This allows each port some wiggle room so that they can get acivity up if it begins to fall.

That said, we will be taking appliactions at all times, though depending on the availablity of ports, it may take some time before your region can be considered a hub.

To help us in our process, if you plan to post an application for a port, please make sure you are requesting the appropriate type. If your region is only accessible from spawn by sea, request a dock slip. If your region can be reached by land or by sea, do us a favor and select a land based port. If your region is only accessible by land, make sure you select a land option. If you have a specific port request, do tell us. Our dock space is extremely limited right now. Please only request a dock slip if your region is not accessible by land.

Should the need or strong desire for neutral server owned hubs emerge, staff reserve the right to create said hubs.

We are aware that this slightly changes the travel system. We apologize for that inconvenience.

Hub Rules:
1 Hub per group (faction or non-affiliated regions) unless circumstances strongly indicate need for exception
Must have 5 active residents in hub
Location is or Becomes Public Knowledge
RP Classification Must Be Clearly Marked
A Hub must either be the capital of a faction or a region that makes geographical sense to be the hub (easiest to get to, closest to spawn, in the middle of affiliated regions, et cetera)
Unaffiliated regions CAN become hubs
If you are providing the build (carriage or ship), it must make RP sense (e.g. no diamond ships)
Hub status can be revoked if the region is destroyed or abandoned (inactive).
If you are requesting a carriage or stable, you must either have a road leading to your region or at the very least requested a road in the road purchase thread. If you have the latter and then get your port and then withdraw your road request, you will lose your port for at least two months.
Regions must remain active on a monthly basis either through general roleplay or events. As long as the spawn team sees that you are trying to promote RP then you have the opportunity to keep your port and hub status.

Application for hub status:
IGN:
Region name:
Are you THE owner of the region:
Affiliated House (If any):
Affiliated Regions (if any):
Port Type: Stable, Carriage, Dock Slip
Region Port Coordinates: (where in your region is your port)

Please fill the form for a region port from the {Hollows Travel Thread} if you do not have a port yet.

Active Ports:
If you're on this list that means that you have been deemed by the spawn team as active and will keep your port and hub status.

Compendium Elz
Mockingbay
Samiwashere
Queensport Elz
Halbed Cymic_
Linistel RagingLunacy Ruu Darling
Blackrush (Not too sure who owns rn.)
Original thread by: Antilogy

Last edited:

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
IGN: Syphei
Region name: Linistel
Are you THE owner of the region: Co-Owner with RagingLunacy
Affiliated House (If any): House Silveira
Affiliated Regions (if any): Halbed, Alderwood Cove, Mockingbay, New Falandraal
Port Type: Dock Slip
Region Port Coordinates:

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
IGN: Raalvara
Region name: Blackrush Crossing
Are you THE owner of the region: Yes
Affiliated House (If any): Varyn
Affiliated Regions (if any): Varynhalle, Oren
Port Type: Stable
Region Port Coordinates:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Region Port Coordinates:
It also has Eastwatch as an affiliated region too

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Region Port Coordinates:
This was approved- Can you mark which stable is for spawn?

Icanra

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Icanra
Icanra
Merchant
IGN: Icanra
Region name: Astrum Island
Affiliated House (If any): House Tek'ton
Affiliated Regions (if any): Astrum Island, Ostium Island
Port Type: Dock Slip
Region Port Coordinates: (where in your region is your port): 6624.997 34.000 -11858.424

Not sure if this is relevant, but I posted the original request in the wrong thread, it does feature the cords and region desc though so it could be useful should this be accepted:

Regardless of that, many thanks!

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I am sorry to recro this thread when I have no business to.

Working in Eldpoint, can I please request more carriages be added to Storms Landing? Eldpoint is quite close by. From an IC prospective, having to catch a ride north and walk through the entirety of Mockingbay to reach the Eldpoint ship to travel back south is a bit baffling. Since all the carriages are filled up at the moment, it saddens me that everyone Lana requests to visit her office must travel this convoluted route.
Given Storm's Landings size and the nearby roads, it would not be too difficult to place carriages nearby or just outside the gates, right? :(

I am sorry to ask of this, as I dislike adding to the workload people already have.

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
I am sorry to recro this thread when I have no business to.

Working in Eldpoint, can I please request more carriages be added to Storms Landing? Eldpoint is quite close by. From an IC prospective, having to catch a ride north and walk through the entirety of Mockingbay to reach the Eldpoint ship to travel back south is a bit baffling. Since all the carriages are filled up at the moment, it saddens me that everyone Lana requests to visit her office must travel this convoluted route.
Given Storm's Landings size and the nearby roads, it would not be too difficult to place carriages nearby or just outside the gates, right? :(

I am sorry to ask of this, as I dislike adding to the workload people already have.
If that's something you want, you should speak to Mapboy, the region's owner about it.
A region owner is the one responsible for asking for ports, either through Spawn, or other regions.

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
If that's something you want, you should speak to Mapboy, the region's owner about it.
A region owner is the one responsible for asking for ports, either through Spawn, or other regions.
Hey Kam - my apologies on this. Would definitely be interested in getting a cart going though if ones are available in SL; I've got some made up in Eldpoint which aren't used. (Or a boat works if they're available).

Cheers!

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
IGN: Mapboy (also Mapboy_)
Region name: eldpoint / Eldpoint
Affiliated House (If any): Altham
Affiliated Regions (if any): Verdant Valley (is owned by Eldpoint)
Port Type: Carriage
Region Port Coordinates: x 6525, y 56, z 3213 for Carriages. (x6733, z3120 for boats)