Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension Book 1)

Hellian

Lord of Altera
Just finished reading it... i made the mistake of picking up a recently released book, and the first of a series. so im stuck waiting now...

The mostly non-spoiler:

Anyway, this book was great! Really complex, but very understandable, magic system that i would love to have here, but i know its really impractical in MC... idk, maybe ill make it into a mod someday. Anyway, the charcters are creat, dialouge is fun, and the big questions are satified at a good rate, and leave enough to start the next book, as well as
a turn of events that leaves a particualr relationship (not romantic... yet... idk if it would even get that far anyway.) in a grey area
that also makes me wish to read the next one.

For those who have read it:
Well, poor Corin. I was kinda looking forward to the ball with Jin. I like the dynamic between the two. Jin's mysterious aspect is gone of course, but i grew fond of him rather quickly. I thought it would be a fun part. now i got to wait to read about that, if it ever does. speaking of which, do you think that incident and the apparent rift that will form or has formed there can be fixed? My bet is yes, given Corin, but i can see how it can turn out poorly. Also, im glad it was a victory with losses and uncertainty. that seemed like a good decision.

Into more of what happened... the entire driving conspiracy is wrong on so many levels.... and i can see why Jin decided to act on that, but im pretty sure the visages would have handled it anyway...

And who the hell is this Tyrant? A pseudo-immortal, at least, and the books version of the devil, but given what Keras had said, my guess is that he is brutal when conquering, but is a competent ruler. Bu that's just speculation.

anything else?

Last edited:

Hellian

Lord of Altera
Its free with kindle unlimited (another prime like service, but amazing for me). I really do recommend. Lots of lore. LOTS.