Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sundown Isle [Island Colony] [Moderate]

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
SundownTitle.jpg
Sundown Isle is an old tropical colony, based around fishing and agriculture. The island has long been run by it's discoverer and is home to ancient and mysterious ruins of a lost civilization.

2015-03-07_14.54.55.png
Main docks and the passenger ship than brings people back to the mainland.

The Colony of Sundown Isle has always been isolated from the rest of Altera, sometimes serving as a getaway location or resort for the wealthy. The population has always been small, often non existent, the island colony sitting empty as a ghost town. The loudest noises are those of the jungle, and the ocean.

2015-03-07_14.58.50.png
The island's protector, The Equinox.

Sundown Isle is a place of acceptance, and a place of quiet order. Newcomers must tolerate others and their way of thinking even if it is not a popular one. The colony doesn't harbor fugitives or killers, and it doesn't allow violence but out here in the isolated isles, one is always free to think how they like. Keep the peace and keep the order: those are the rules.

Separator.png
The colony has about fifteen houses, though these are rather small. The largest houses only fit two people, though larger families could occupy a grouping of houses, since many of them are very close and are built in clusters of two or threes. There are several tree houses as well, as well as dwellings in the local inn, the bakery and the windmill.
2015-03-07_15.04.15.png
The standard houses in the colony.

Town rules:
1. This is my island. You want to make changes, then they need to be contained within your dwelling and should not effect the outside appearance of said dwelling. If you feel the need for changes to the island, talk to me and I will do my best to make things better.

2. Do not dig basements deeper than 10 blocks. The island has many catacombs and underground structures so going too deep can disturb them or future projects.

3. Do not steal from, harass, or be mean to any of the people in this town.

4. After being inactive for longer than 1 month (either by not being in the town or by not logging into the server) your items will be absorbed into the town storage and your house will be up for the residence of others.
Separator.png
To apply to the town, please post with the following form:

Username:
Character name:
Character's notable experience:

Then you will need to travel to Sundown Isle and have an RP with me so I can get to know you for the kind of RP'r you are. If accepted into the town, you will be able to pick out a house to reside in. Rent on properties is nonexistent. There is an inn you can stay in, if you don't want to be grounded to the town but the space is limited and the rooms are small. Plus, it's over a bar and it can get noisy.

Separator.png
Preferred character experience:

Sundown Isle's founder has always had an acute interest in the medical sciences. Hence, characters with backgrounds or aspirations to enter into medical fields are greatly valued. Characters interested in entering into medical fields have the chance of being taught by one of the oldest and best practitioners of medical science. Lessons, if offered, are free of charge. Tradition often has it that people entering into this training are invited to join House Tiarch, though this depends on their political background.

2015-03-07_14.58.34.png
The jungles of Sundown Isle

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Housing
Separator.png

Separator.png
These are the standard houses on Sundown Isle. Small, sturdy, and cozy. Often built in clusters of 2-3, there are a total of 8 standard houses in the colony. Each comfortably fits one person, though a second could be tolerated depending on the relations.
Separator.png

Separator.png
The first one is the larger of the two houses in the cluster of three jungle houses, which are different from the styling of the standard houses. The larger house comfortably fits two people, while the surrounding houses fit one.
They are older houses, but still sturdy and they carry a warm and cozy demeanor about them.
Separator.png

Separator.png
This is one the nicer houses, though it is small, like all the rest. It sits right by the garden and stream, as well as on the board walk. Gets good air, and it's a new house. Very well protected from the tropical storms.
Separator.png

Separator.png
These are the three three houses. They are some of the nicest dwellings on the island, featuring great views, excellent furnishings, and good airflow. Don't be scared off by tropical storms, these houses have all been properly reinforced to handle the full might of the tropics and have lasted many years.
Separator.png

Separator.png

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Separator.png
2015-03-07_14.56.59.png2015-03-07_14.57.31.png2015-03-07_14.58.02.png2015-03-07_14.58.23.png
2015-03-07_14.59.06.png

Separator.png
Shown here are some of the more interesting areas of Sundown Isle. Sundown Isle has a bath house, tree bridge network, elevated stage and temple ruins to explore. On the far side of the island is a old windmill, though it's a bit of a hike to reach. The island holds many secrets, and there's always plenty to explore and see. If one grows board of Sundown Isle, they can always sail or swim to one of the other islands, each has a medium sized house to spend the night in, and they are all rather close.
Separator.png

Last edited:

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
Username: firegirl7892467

Character name: Rose Ruby Cleary

Character's notable experience:
Uh-being brought in by a noble and weathly House, owning Dusk Port.

Side-Note: In efforts to become closer with the Count and his group teachings, Rose wishes to live on the island part-time in order to stay there in case a storm or something like that where to happen.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Going to ask a question here.

Character inbound to the city, would they be down to reestablish trade?

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Going to ask a question here.

Character inbound to the city, would they be down to reestablish trade?
In order for trade to be stimulated, Sundown would need things to both buy and sell, as well as people to buy and sell them. The problem is not lack of marketable goods, or lack of interest in foreign wares, it is the lack of people. Basically what I am saying is that the place is ghost town, and a ghost town +1 is still not a good place to trade. So can one person reestablish trade all by themselves? No. But that being said, one person is still a start, and if you have interest in trying to get something started I will be completely obligated to help make this actuality.

(Also-- my god. All of the pictures are in hideous 4:3 ratio, I need to replace those so bad.)