Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Swords, Axes, Polearms, and Hammers

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
I probably missed a couple of weapon umbrellas in that title, not doing anything ranged; bows, crossbows, slings, thrown spears, thrown knives/axes, and of course magic.

So, I just wanted to make this thread to have a source o knowledge available to people looking for info on the specifics on weapons and to avoid confusion when it comes to weapon classifications. I will go by what I find on the interwebs.

A Nito tree of of Medieval swords for reference to possible sword evolution. I ain't the staff, nor behind the lore.

A Nito sword and scabbard anatomy

A Nito axe anatomy

Naelwyn Says;
Generally simpler to cover than blades - almost all polearms are a variant of "deadly thing on a stick."
The name is quite apt.

The head of a polearm usually combines one of more of the following functions:

Stand in for hammer anatomy, I hope. Note, these are all European hammers, invented.

I wouldn't suggest taking this as official lore or anything but seeing as Altera is based of Medieval times... maybe? I don't know. I'm not the staff, seek them out for more crucial stuff.

Also any info given would be valued and appreciated, as long as it doesn't repeat stuff that's already here.

Last edited:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
._. not gonna lie, I'm more interested in those reserve posts you made rather than the actual weapon posts
sorrynotsorry

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
._. not gonna lie, I'm more interested in those reserve posts you made rather than the actual weapon posts
sorrynotsorry
Hahahahaha. I didn't want to make boring and bland "reserve" posts so I put up Nito because he's Nito. I don't mind that you're here for Nito, though I'd suggest you save those pictures cause I'll be taking them out when I find stuff to put in there. :p

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
If by that you mean other posts on the forums then you've done a great job
I'm not very good at looking ahead of time, probably because I've been disappointed by what I find most of the time. I haven't seen a relevant thread on stuff like this, if there do you mind linking it?

I haven't actually looked for posts on the forums talking about weapons, well I have but I found nothing so I'm assuming there's something out there >_>

Last edited:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
...I /swear/ I have a sword tutorial on the forums that uses these exact images and I know what Zenrak is talking about but for the life of me I could not find it.

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
Awesome stuff. Didn't know they existed, probably had a notion that they were somewhere but I wasn't very good at looking. Apologies for seeming like I stole stuff.

...I /swear/ I have a sword tutorial on the forums that uses these exact images and I know what Zenrak is talking about but for the life of me I could not find it.
Okay so I got an idea. I will politely ask Naelwyn to keep this thread up with his stuff, I'll probably just paste the links and later(hopefully sooner), I'll move the stuff he has directly over to this thread. If he says no I will accept that and move it to being about hammers and axes while having the links to swords and polearms for all.

I honestly didn't know about those posts and I really wanted to make a thread on weapons for the medieval times, I was inspired by "A Song of Fire and Ice", that first book of GoT, so I kinda hastily went about :s My bad guys, I didn't mean to steal anything.

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
what

game of thrones is the first book in ASOIAF, not the other way around
Wait... I don't know I have the book in my "library" now but I didn't actually know in what order it went or what the series was even called. I only have 1 book and no more cause it did frustrate me, "just kill them, stop bargaining for honor and loyalty kill them all, stop being a damn priss, why would you trust them they blatantly lie, cheat, and probably steal just kill them". I'm a terrible critic.