Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [8/23/19@ 6 ESt/11 BST] The Phoenix Festival

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend

[Source: https://d20diaries.com/2018/11/30/r...-roderics-cove/ileosaseffigy-from-runeplague/]

Despite recent events, word is spread across the Continent that a festival is to be held in the hamlet of Knight’s Haven. The fallen from recent attacks by the deities of the Pantheon will ill intent will be honored, and an extended announcement will be made by Sir Podric in light of these happenings.

Thou shalt believe true all words of the Light, and shalt observe all its directions.

OOC:
If anybody would like to set up stalls or anything of the sort, feel free to talk to me about it, there'll be like 4-6 stalls. This is meant to double as both Pod saying some stuff and a time for people to just chill in Haven for once since the region hasn’t had many events in it that weren’t 100% Ignis Sermons dedicated to Ignis Worshippers. This is the beginning of what I’ve, randomly in my head, am calling the Phoenix Arc, and will be its first event. If you wish to attempt something potentially PvP-based and such, speak to me in advance.

Religious Leader: Podric Flanders
Public or Private: Public, all are welcome to show up.
Temples or Shrines Involved: Knight’s Haven.
Where: Knight’s Haven, specifically within the hamlet and outside the former Inquisitorial building, will be marked.
When: TBD, likely aiming for next week, either the 23rd or 25th at 3:30 EST/8:30 GMT.
What: A festival in honor of Ignis Synnove and the fallen, coinciding with Podric announcing and sermon-ing somethings. This will, technically, be the first cult event for the Ignis Cult, the Heralds of Saint Mathieu.
Classification: Moderate, though leaning peaceful. Attempting a chill event for once.
Tags: Elz BoredBrit Solus blargtheawesome Squidziod

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
will be doing this on friday, so in like 2 days, if not, it'll be pushed back to the following monday.

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
ive got some stuff to do IRL, so this is being pushed back to 6PM EST/11PM GMT, but it's still today

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
For right now, here is what will be present for the event and I apologize for the bad planning on my part:
[6PM EST] Opening of the Festival

[6:45PM EST] Archery Competition: For those interested, this will start at 6:30. Five Targets have been placed on the western side of the valley, each with a lamp just beside the target, so they may be seen in light or day. This will be either MC Archery or rolling, depending on who is present decides on prior to the start of the competition itself. Late entrants will be allowed until the competition is over.
1st Place will be given 5k, a quiver, and a set of arrows. 2nd Place will be given 2.5k and a quiver. 3rd Place will be given 2.5k.

[7:30PM EST] Bluedgoning Competition: For those interested, this will start at 7:15. As violent as it sounds, two combatants will step onto a single line, and be given a long staff, in which both ends have been heavily wrapped in leather and cloth to avoid permanent injury if it can be helped. They will proceed to bludgeon one another until one falls off the line. This will largely be following the Jousting system, with (hopefully) less danger attached to it. It will follow a point system, which will be explained if enough people join in. Late entrants will be allowed until the competition is over.
1st Place will be given 5k, and a free commission for a weapon by Podric. 2nd Place will be given 2.5k and a free commission by Podric. 3rd Place will be given 2.5k.

[8:30PM EST] Closing Sermons & Announcements: Starting with a speech by another of the Heralds of Saint Mathieu, proceeded by a sermon and announcement by Podric Flanders.

All throughout the event, CloakedReaper & Elz have offered to set up stalls, and @Yuki_The_Witch is playing her jester character at a 3rd stall.

Last edited: