Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

That_Canada's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

That Canada

Legend of Altera
Hello all, I appear to have once (?) been a part of this some time ago, might as well reapply.

1. What is your Minecraft username?
That_Canada

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the act of using OOC information to suit your IC needs, such as knowing a persons weakness once they've disclosed it to you oocly. Powergaming is "gaming" roleplay to your advantage or or forcing something like an attack through to someone.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko (SirNicholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am a Graduate student in Canada studying Archival and Library Studies and I'm counting down the days until I can start my program in September. Aside from that I have a BA in History (and a minor in Spanish). I collect vinyl records, I build miniatures and I work as a Technology Coach and Trainer. Basically, I teach older folks how to use their smartphones. I'm fairly involved in Canadian Politics being the provincial chair of the youth wing of a major political party.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No sorry, I don't keep screenshots of my work, unfortunately :( I'm an "okay" builder. Aside from that I don't have any particular skills.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I googled "Roleplay Minecraft"

Character Name:
Hailgrim Ironhand

Character Age:

Character Race:
Dwarf

Appearance:
Long brown hair, a thick beard of the same colour, 5 feet tall (tall for a dwarf!), muscular but still on the heavy side. Often seen wearing simple clothes, a thick brown leather apron containing on him many of the tools to ply his trade such as hammers, tongs and other percision tools needed.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!

*Crash*

Hailgrim fell the deck rubbing his head and collecting his thoughts after that rude awakening. “What in Korog’s name is going on?” Hailgrim stood up examining the scene, it appears the ship he took might’ve struck some rocks or perhaps even worse? For a moment Hailgrim thought of the events that transpired just weeks ago. He was back in his ancestral hall in the Iron Mountain. There Hailgrim as a young dwarf dutifully learned the rules of life and the rules of his trade. Hailgrim was a trained blacksmith able to both heat his desired ores into ingots but also forge them into tools, weapons and other useful items. He followed in the footsteps of his clan the Ironbreakers. Hailgrim is regarded as somewhere between a novice and a journeyman in the field. His trade is what drove him to this miserable ship – the clans jealously guarded their privileges – only a certain number of smiths could be in the hold at any given time lest the rich clans find their craftsmen out of work. This drove Hailgrim to leave his ancestral home and make a new life on the continent.

Hailgrim moved through the lower decks with a certain swagger exuding his self confidence. Hailgrim hummed a small prayer to Korog before climbing up a ladder the top deck. As he pulled himself up one motion at a time he began to think back again. He had always been particularly devout to Korog, Korog was after the patron god of Dwarves and his blessing was particularly important to craftsmen like himself. He was raised with a deep-seated appreciation of the God for a long time. He often liked leaving his hold and exploring the outside, he would frequently go on hikes. Those were the days, in the shade of the pine trees with mountains in the background of the lake. Here Hailgrim enjoyed spending his time and would often sneak his tools and later an entire forge out the halls to do his work in the outdoors enjoying the view and the cool air. However, this act did him no favours when he applied to become a journeyman and advance his career. Faced with stagnation and a life of obscurity or boundless opportunity, Hailgrim chose to leave his old life behind and set out on his own. Maybe there he would find what he was looking for. What he wasn’t looking at though was the commotion on the deck of the ship.

*Crash*

Hailgrim was tossed from the ship.

*Splash*

Was this the end? Hailgrim tried to swim for his life – it would not end here, not like this. I still have a story to tell!

*Splash, followed by laughter from the sailors on deck*

It appears the ship ran aground and Hailgrim tried to save himself from a mere 4 feet of water.

Perhaps not a grand starting to his new life on the continent, but, he certainly made a splash.

Edit: It appears I did have a character here dating back to 2015? I logged in real quick. I seem to be stuck in a library of some town. Is it possible to have a character reset?

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.