Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

ThatBadGirlXX's Application [Accepted - Jase]

trebianig

Villager
The Whitelist Application Form:

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
ThatBadGirlXX

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta-gaming is when you play outside the game and not keeping what my character knows and what I know separated and using ways to aid my character unfairly.
Power-gaming is a style interacting with games or game-like systems, like video games, boardgames and roleplaying games, with the intention of maximizing progress towards a specific goal.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am an outgoing person who loves to travel and meet new people. I enjoy writing stories, singing, dancing, and just having fun with the people I love. My hobbies in school were History and English and with the knowledge of both of these my love of writing stories came about. I have been writing fantasy stories since I was 8 years old. I enjoy living through my characters that I have written on paper and one day I hope to live through one of my favorite characters in this roleplaying forum. I also love to learn languages so I would really become my creations. It has helped a lot and I want to continue to improve my imagination and live to my full fantasy potential.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I have a little example of my work, this is Chapter 1 of my story (only a piece) of a story I have been writing about a girl living in Ancient China who sees ghosts and just by touching people, she can see how they die.

The tranquility of the moon's reflection in the lit corner where it held its own kind of beauty, as it shimmered beneath a ripple that touched the surface. The air was filled with operatic sounds of insects as they reached a heart wrenching crescendo and entered another rhythmic melody. To me, the darkness brought happiness to my world.
The moonlight barely reached the forest floor. All was dark - in the distance there was a noise. Like a low growl. It could have been thunder or beast, whichever one was a danger. Suddenly there was a break in the darkness, for just a second a bright blue light erupted in the heart of the forest. It was blinding to the eyes and caused the growling to louden. I was frightened. My black eyes scanned the darkness, hoping to see something - yet dreading the thought of something being there.

My breathing caught in my throat, and my heart raced faster as it was the same language my mother, Yue, had spoken on the day she had died. It was more like a prayer, one that was abandoned long ago by the Dshaytri during the War of Lost Sons. I remembered the story my father, Guangli, used to tell me about the bloody victory of the Elders and their decision that led to eternal blood-shed:

The forest is littered with destruction, shells and bodies. Red, khaki and black are the new colors of what was once a tranquil, rich forest, which has now become the stage of a large-scale assault.
The air which would normally carry the delicate scents of flowers and fruits is now glowing red with fire and thick with smoke, ash and embers, something no survivor will ever forget.
An army of Dshaytri and an army of Officials fight each other without knowing the true reason, but the victor is obvious. The dead of the losing side lay in large groups across the forest and the faces of the fighters are grim with gloom and strain, their spirit will be broken soon.
With the rush of victory coursing through their bodies the winning side fights with new found strength. Some have succumbed to blood-lust and are carelessly charging any enemy without a care for their own safety, while others just wish all this was over.

The toll on both nature and humanity is tragic. It'll likely take a lifetime before this forest will have recovered. It's clear gore, explosion holes and broken siege engines have taken the place of shrubs, grass and flowers.

The now quiet road that led to Pingyao was still somewhat discernible despite the many cracks and holes given to it by the elements. Dry grass, dying bushes and withering flowers are all that's left of the once well-kept gardens.
Many doors had collapsed as rot ate away their edges. The open doorways that were once very welcoming were now an eerie and unwelcoming sight. Broken roof tiles lay in the streets and gardens and crusty, dry paint faded from walls and fences.

Pingyao, once a pleasant town and home to friendly folk was now a mere shadow of its former glory. The air which was once filled with the many sounds of a growing community had grown eerily quiet. The silence was only broken up by the occasional animal sound and gust of wind.
It was a flock of crows that had made a once great pillar their new home.
Despite the decay of the buildings there was a certain charm about the town. Everything was greener as nature grew wild and the quiet during the day was almost peaceful. But even though everything may seem like it was lost forever there was still a silver lining. While this town was no longer called home by the families that live here, it was now home to families of wild animals and me.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

I found this server by browsing Google.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Ysmeine Lugano

Character Age:

Character Race:
The Soolera

Appearance:
Standing 5' 5" tall, Ysmeine is a brown-skinned woman who has a shy feel about her.
She has a long face with a pointed chin, a small nose, and thin lips. She also has brown eyes that are big and thick eyebrows
Ysmeine has mid-back length, kinky, dark brown hair which is always styled. She has a thin neck, slanted shoulders, long arms and powerful hands, a short torso with defined muscles, thin hips, strong legs, and average-sized feet. Ysemeine also usually wears traditional clothes that are mostly colorful and almost modest. She also weighs 130 lbs.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Tonight...much like the last night, and the countless nights before. Ysmeine stared out from a bridge, awaiting the sweet release of unconsciousness that never seemed to come, much like those mail-in rebates that promise your refund 6 to 8 weeks after you've forgotten all about them. She breathed, blindly grasping the sides of her dress as the moon's position confirmed what she already knew to be unwelcome news, the anniversary of her mother's death.

With a perturbed sigh, she reassumed her former position of unblinking vigil of the stars above her. At one time, she derived a modicum of enjoyment looking at the various deformations in the distance; however, much like any skilled cartographer, she thoroughly memorized the topography of all the hills, plateaus, and valleys that comprised its landscape. She now viewed the river as it outstretched before her in disdain, as she inadvertently broached the topic at an Old town house and the sound of her mothers constant sobbing as the footsteps in the hall drew closer. The screaming, the blood, the pain. That was several years ago, but it still weighed on her mind heavily tonight, much like the last night, and the countless nights before.
She didn't remember screaming.
Ysmeine only remembered their harsh breathing of words that sounded throughout the hushed home.
Words she had never heard before.

Her foot dangled gently over the edge, the open air caressing it. The soft wind pushed Ysmeine's clothes against her, rustling through her hair as my she stood on one leg, precariously balancing on the gothic piling of the heavy wrought bridge. She was going to do it. One more step and Ysmeine would be hurtling towards the water, the affable, clear water. And then a bird flew by. A large bird with heavy wings and a defined beak, and...and...she had seen that bird before. It was the same bird that came around whenever the The Soolera were in town. That was the only time she ever saw her mother smile. Unlike her father, who was constantly disrespecting her mother's heritage, Ysmeine found great interest in her mother's stories. However, she wondered why her mother never went back and why she decided to stay with a man who harms her every chance he got.

"Can't do it?" A male voice sounded behind her and she turned to meet a handsome man around her age. His eyes were grey and his hair covered the left side of his face. He smirked and stood to his feet. "Suicide does not end pain. It just passes it onto the people who love you." He stepped closer to her and tugged a string of hair from the front of her face. Ysmeine didn't speak, she just watched him as he moved.
"I can't have you leave looking like this." He muttered and brought his gaze down to her clothes, "I cannot believe she had her own child dress like this." He sighed.
"What are you talking about?" Ysmeine glared at him with her hands balled tightly to her sides.
"You're coming with me." The man nodded his head towards the end of the bridge and then looked at her once again, "They are waiting for you."
Ysmeine stared at the space his head pointed to, "They?"
The man didn't answer, instead, he took off his jacket and gently placed it over Ysmeine's bare shoulders and then wrapped his arm around her. For a moment, it didn't look like he was going to answer, he just stared ahead while he directed her body towards the end of the bridge.

"Your family." He whispered, "It was your mother's last wish." Then he turned fully as the moon shined brighter, revealing the man, fully. His smile could harm a thousand women and his clothes were colorful enough to drown out her red dress. The man chuckled a bit and handed out his hand for her to hold and winked. "Once a Soolera, always a Soolera."

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey trebianig! Apologies about the delay, I have only managed to get to it right now. I really like what I am seeing in your application however there are a few things which I would love for you to look at again before I can whitelist you.
  • Your power-gaming definition is not quite right. You can find the server definition [here].
I am checking with the lore team about their position of watches - the world has a time lock which may mean that watches may not be allowed. But I shall get back to you on that one! Please reply to this thread when you have made the appropriate changes!

trebianig

Villager
Morning,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to see this, I appreciate it. I have made the necessary changes for the power-gaming definition and I changed the story with the watch to something else entirely.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Yep! I am happy with this! trebianig !!!

It was really refreshing to read a story that was simple but also had interesting themes! I hope that I get to roleplay with this character in the future! So without further ado-
Welcome to Hollowworld!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.