Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The 1.13 (Aquatic) Update Information for HollowWorld

D

Dark Auras

1.13 Update & Our Plan

Mojang has announced that on July 18th (barring any major bugs), they will release the 1.13 / Aquatic Update. This update will bring several changes to the game, including a big update to the way water physics works. Water will now flow over any block that has air around it (slabs, stairs, chests, anvils, etc) rather than being blocked by the air. This may effect builds and flooding may happen. We advise all users to look over their builds before we update the server and plug any holes you find.

HollowWorld will not be updating to 1.13 on July 18th. The process for updating will likely take us days to more likely weeks to complete. We run many plugins and modifications that will take time to update, as well as ensuring that our custom plugins are fully functioning. Once the update is released we will immediately begin the process of updating and will work as fast as we can, but it will not be immediate. Users will have to remain on / revert to 1.12.2 to continue playing on HollowWorld until we have updated. Guide on reverting to 1.12.2 below:
11.PNG
12.PNG

13.PNG

Please comment on this thread if you have any questions or concerns regarding the update!

Update 9/2/2018:

Roughly three weeks from today, on Monday October 1st, we will be updating the server to 1.13.1. This will be a very large update and will take longer than the update to 1.12. I am expecting the update to take 12 hours or more because of necessary map conversion and a significant amount of bugtesting during this period.
As the update will take so much time, we will keep the server online during the update, however it will essentially be read only, which means any block changes / economy changes / etc will roll back to when we begin the update. This is to allow roleplay during the update, however building/resource gathering/etc will not carry over.
I will release another post roughly 1 week from update with more information on exact timing.

Update 1/3/2019:
Sorry that its been so long. I've been waiting on fixes from third parties among other things to make sure the server would be stable and ready to go to 1.13.2.
And, it will be. I will be performing the update on the 10th of January, next Thursday.

The Sorrows, Frontier and Nether will all be wiping for this update

Expect more information regarding timing as the date approaches. The server will have extended downtime while we ensure everything is solid and stable.

Some more specific timing..

On Wednesday, Jan 9th, the server will be shut down at 12:00 noon EST to make a clone of our server. It will come back up around 12:30. From then until the update is released, the server will be "read only", IE any changes made will not stay. We expect the update to be pushed Wednesday night or early Thursday. It is also possible the Sorrows/Nether/Frontier will not reopen for a day or two after this.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
As this update requires that the map be converted, it is possible with our plugins that we will run into some errors. To make the risk minimal, we are asking all users to empty their shelving units (bookshelves), empty their enderchest, and ensure builds will not be flooded by changes in water physics. We will do our best to bug-test when the map is converted but it will be impossible to make all checks.
It is also worth noting we are expecting some minor bugs with plugins (nothing that is major), and these should be reported as soon as possible so we will be able to quickly patch them if possible. The conversion to 1.13.1 is a massive back end update, and it is impossible to test every combination of features of our plugins, however staff will be doing a thorough test before we make the 1.13.1 server public.

We will also be resetting the Sorrows, Nether and the Frontier, and generating new maps. The current Sorrows and Frontier will not be carried over during the 1.13.1 update, and the newly generated maps will not be available for the first day of the update, as we will be busy converting and bug testing all other existing maps.

Expect a post in roughly 2 weeks with some more concrete information about timing, and more information to follow about the Sorrows and Frontier. If you have any questions feel free to post here or send me a private message and I will do my best to get you a response quickly.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
A few things that I request being addressed, because they are kind of are the main feature of the update

- Fish mobs: Like Squids and bats they have the potential to cause lag, yet I'd really like to see them on the main map (as well as squids and bats btw)

- what ocean?: A not so great point about our map is water depth. Will it get increased in order for Kelp and other stuff work properly?`(yes pls)

- Can we get some decorative underwater temples on the main map, pretty please with a cherry on top of it?

I'm certain i can come up with more things if I take the time to read the patch notes, but I'll leave it at these three until then.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
A few things that I request being addressed, because they are kind of are the main feature of the update

- Fish mobs: Like Squids and bats they have the potential to cause lag, yet I'd really like to see them on the main map (as well as squids and bats btw)

- what ocean?: A not so great point about our map is water depth. Will it get increased in order for Kelp and other stuff work properly?`(yes pls)

- Can we get some decorative underwater temples on the main map, pretty please with a cherry on top of it?

I'm certain i can come up with more things if I take the time to read the patch notes, but I'll leave it at these three until then.
I'd say it would be a no on all points. I am not staff anymore, so I can't say for certain. But the first one will likely be a no because it would be bizarre and break immersion to see fish and squid in fountains.

The main map's height can't be adjusted for many reasons, but one of them being that if we raise the water level, it'll mess with shoreline builds. We cannot raise the entire map in order to make the seafloor deeper because that would lead to interfering with builds and mountains at the top map height.

And lastly, the main map is not really meant for stuff like that. Underwater things will appear in teh Sorrows and Frontier, most likely. But I can't imagine they will scatter the high quality map with low quality Minecraft generated builds.

D

Dark Auras

As a note nothing will generate as these chunks on the main world are already generated chunks. Unless added in manually these things wont exist.

As I understand it squid/fish are disabled due to lag. There may be a solution to this (and them spawning in fountains) but I offer no guarentee.

Also as an update to everyone, were currently in limbo waiting for a stable release of server software. This update was fairly large and fairly comprehensive (the largest single update to Minecraft) in the way things on the backend are handled. Because of this it may be a while until we are able to switch over. I will update again once we've entered a "beta" phase with staff bugtesting, as that should be close to actually updating here.

D

Dark Auras

As I havent yet provided an update recently:

I've begun the process of updating our custom plugins, however our backend server software will not release a stable version until atleast 1.13.1. There are significant changes in 1.13 (It is an amalgamation of the Technical & Aquatic updates), there are still many bugs and errors with converting existing maps. Once stable software is released I will be able to give a more accurate timeline, however this is currently in limbo / on hold pending software updates.

Thanks!

D

Dark Auras

Update:

Roughly three weeks from today, on Monday September 24th, we will be updating the server to 1.13.1. This will be a very large update and will take longer than the update to 1.12. I am expecting the update to take 12 hours or more because of necessary map conversion and a significant amount of bugtesting during this period.
As the update will take so much time, we will keep the server online during the update, however it will essentially be read only, which means any block changes / economy changes / etc will roll back to when we begin the update. This is to allow roleplay during the update, however building/resource gathering/etc will not carry over.
I will release another post roughly 1 week from update with more information on exact timing.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
As this update requires that the map be converted, it is possible with our plugins that we will run into some errors. To make the risk minimal, we are asking all users to empty their shelving units (bookshelves), empty their enderchest, and ensure builds will not be flooded by changes in water physics. We will do our best to bug-test when the map is converted but it will be impossible to make all checks.
It is also worth noting we are expecting some minor bugs with plugins (nothing that is major), and these should be reported as soon as possible so we will be able to quickly patch them if possible. The conversion to 1.13.1 is a massive back end update, and it is impossible to test every combination of features of our plugins, however staff will be doing a thorough test before we make the 1.13.1 server public.

We will also be resetting the Sorrows, Nether and the Frontier, and generating new maps. The current Sorrows and Frontier will not be carried over during the 1.13.1 update, and the newly generated maps will not be available for the first day of the update, as we will be busy converting and bug testing all other existing maps.

Expect a post in roughly 2 weeks with some more concrete information about timing, and more information to follow about the Sorrows and Frontier. If you have any questions feel free to post here or send me a private message and I will do my best to get you a response quickly.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
To make the risk minimal, we are asking all users to empty their shelving units (bookshelves), empty their enderchest, and ensure builds will not be flooded by changes in water physics.
I am so glad there is no water in the Compendium library, or else I would cry.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
We will also be resetting both the Sorrows and the Frontier, and generating new maps. The current Sorrows and Frontier will not be carried over during the 1.13.1 update, and the newly generated maps will not be available for the first day of the update, as we will be busy converting and bug testing all other existing maps.
Also, will they be standard generation or custom? The custom ones seem to have a poor diamond output, and the nether did not have any glowstone when custom.

D

Dark Auras

Also, will they be standard generation or custom? The custom ones seem to have a poor diamond output, and the nether did not have any glowstone when custom.
The nether generator has had some significant improvements and will be returning to a cave style, and will include glowstone.

Maps will be custom (And will be changed slightly from the style we have now due to some new biomes added to the generator). We will have to have a discussion in staff regarding changing the mineral levels, but it is entirely possible. Ill do some vein scans later in the Sorrows and see where we're at for minerals and go from there.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Techniquely there was /some/ glowstone if you dug and found the underground caves. It was super rare though, and quartz was also less bountafull. While I liked the look of the last nether, I will be happy for a more plentiful resource map.

ArkianDragon

Legend of Altera
I know it's kinda a stupid question, but is there any chance Chorus Plants will spawn in the new Sorrows etc? Just asking because I haven't seen any and I think it would be cool to be able to make End rods and stuff

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
it's called the aquatic update because it means half the server will be submerged after it goes over and i can't wait

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
it's called the aquatic update because it means half the server will be submerged after it goes over and i can't wait
There we go. The solution no one thought of. Have shoreless flood the plegue caves with sea water.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I know it's kinda a stupid question, but is there any chance Chorus Plants will spawn in the new Sorrows etc? Just asking because I haven't seen any and I think it would be cool to be able to make End rods and stuff
The Sorrows will not contain any chorus plants. This is mainly because the chorus plant does not mesh well with the general aesthetics of the Sorrows, and furthermore, it has no supporting lore. Both purpur and endstone can be excused as interesting or unique rock types, but the chorus plant does not have that benefit. For those reasons, the chorus plant will remain un-generated in the Sorrows.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
For those not in the know-

Tiberione: "The server will go down at 6:00pm EST to begin the 1.13.1 update. The server will not immediately update to 1.13.1, and after some short downtime it will come back up (1.12.2), and will be playable only for roleplay, not building or gathering, these things will not save during this time. Once our update to 1.13.1 is completed, this server will go down and the new 1.13.1 server will go up, and you will be required to update your game. Updates on forums/Discord"