Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Compendium {Moderate}

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Take that up with Icefire then. Your transactions with him don't have anything to do with me, as there was no money involved with this change. I have about 100k to my name.
Frankly I'm still confused as to why the transaction took place to begin with, as the active owner of the region was not consulted on the choice of successor. Ice has stated he intends to repay the money she had spent upon initial purchase of the region, which doesn't come close to the value of purchased plots and the building materials given out of pocket to the folks who helped to expand Compendium.

If you knew that Ice hasn't been active regarding Compendium in six months, and that Sizzix is listed as the region owner, why did you go behind her back to negotiate taking control of the region? While the real bad guy here is Ice for not communicating this with Sizzix or asking for her permission or input, I don't see why you wouldn't have asked him what she thought. Or even simply asked her.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Frankly I'm still confused as to why the transaction took place to begin with, as the active owner of the region was not consulted on the choice of successor. Ice has stated he intends to repay the money she had spent upon initial purchase of the region, which doesn't come close to the value of purchased plots and the building materials given out of pocket to the folks who helped to expand Compendium.

If you knew that Ice hasn't been active regarding Compendium in six months, and that Sizzix is listed as the region owner, why did you go behind her back to negotiate taking control of the region? While the real bad guy here is Ice for not communicating this with Sizzix or asking for her permission or input, I don't see why you wouldn't have asked him what she thought. Or even simply asked her.
I did not go behind her back. Ice's activity was a threat to the inactivity timer. He approached me a few days ago to say he wasnt coming back anytime soon, and he brought it up. I never asked him for it. He wanted to pass it to someone active, and even though I have not seen Sizzix for as many months as I've seen icefire, I told him to ask her. Few days later when I spoke him him again, I was given the impression that he had, and it was moved to me.

So I did not ask her because I wasn't actively looking for this region back and was approached by Ice under the assumption she was informed.

If she is going to be active again, tell her to message me.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
icefire120 is a man who still owes lannis potions he paid for in 2014 and who never paid cap for building in thiil for him in 2015.

2017 was a dry year for his scamming, but truly he's started the new year off with a bang.

let this be a lesson to everyone viewing this thread to never trust Ice "scammy mcjammy" fire120.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
I did not go behind her back. Ice's activity was a threat to the inactivity timer. He approached me a few days ago to say he wasnt coming back anytime soon, and he brought it up. I never asked him for it. He wanted to pass it to someone active, and even though I have not seen Sizzix for as many months as I've seen icefire, I told him to ask her. Few days later when I spoke him him, I was given the impression that he had, it was moved to me.

So I did not ask her because I wasn't actively looking for this region back and was approached by Ice.
How is Ice's activity relevant to the inactivity timer when Sizzix is the owner of the region? She had been fully active until about a month and a half ago, give or take, and has funded and provided for the expansion of the region since day one. Even if she had no plans to return to daily activity levels, there's no excuse for lacking the basic respect of involving her in the conversation yourself. As a region owner yourself, would you appreciate somebody handing away your hard work and time behind your back?

The region was not Ice's to hand over, and it was not yours to accept; regardless of activity. As a member of the staff team and an owner of a multitude of prior and current regions I would have expected more from you.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
How is Ice's activity relevant to the inactivity timer when Sizzix is the owner of the region? She had been fully active until about a month and a half ago, give or take, and has funded and provided for the expansion of the region since day one. Even if she had no plans to return to daily activity levels, there's no excuse for lacking the basic respect of involving her in the conversation yourself. As a region owner yourself, would you appreciate somebody handing away your hard work and time behind your back?

The region was not Ice's to hand over, and it was not yours to accept; regardless of activity. As a member of the staff team and an owner of a multitude of prior and current regions I would have expected more from you.
oh shut up she didn't know and icefire120 implied he'd spoken to her to make this decision

the proper course of action is to riot against icefire120

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I know it is not relevant, but when I joined the server, I sent a letter ICly to the players iceandfire, Raalvara and Sizzix to ask if it was perfectly fine to Roleplay in the Compendium and Roleplay there whilst Gromm stays at the tavern.
To my massive disappointment to those that collected what I came to know as the biggest library in the Eastern Continent, I did not get a reply even to this day-- though I was extremely ambitious to RP at the Compendium.
Sadly, all I can now boast is "Gromm studied at the Compendium" because there was very little to do there in terms of RP but read the books and write new ones.

A change in region ownership of a place that is as beautiful as the Compendium is wonderful in my eyes, as it means I now have a chance to Roleplay there in the near future =)

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
The change is probably for the best and I both don't have a stake in this or think Niah is a horrible choice for it. I am merely here on a mission from God to remind you all of one man's conman ways.

Looks like I am back for another installment of Compendium Controversy.

Lots to say, but first off, can we please not riot against anybody here? Rioting against me when I sold this region to ice and sizzix primarily drove me to leave, and at the time I did not think I would ever come back. Let's allow a proper channel of moderation and communication to solve this in a manner that allows fixing mistakes instead of making more. Icefire is not a bad person, regardless of how this was or is being handled.

As for this current controversy, it should be known that I returned a vast quantity of rads back to ice, and to sizzix, when i left. My skype logs show that I gave 500k to Compendium, plus an additional sum to sizzix. I do not know what happened to that money, but it could be possible that sizzix's initial investmemt was lessened and 450k is not the proper remedy, if indeed staff or the parties involved decide there is a remedy to be had. We do not have enough information and are therefore not qualified to know whether a remedy, let alone a riot, is appropriate.

And if no remedy is deemed appropriate and sizzix is still disappointed or hurt, I am willing to contribute rads and materials to do what I can to help make this right for her.

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
I know it is not relevant, but when I joined the server, I sent a letter ICly to the players iceandfire, Raalvara and Sizzix to ask if it was perfectly fine to Roleplay in the Compendium and Roleplay there whilst Gromm stays at the tavern.
To my massive disappointment to those that collected what I came to know as the biggest library in the Eastern Continent, I did not get a reply even to this day-- though I was extremely ambitious to RP at the Compendium.
Sadly, all I can now boast is "Gromm studied at the Compendium" because there was very little to do there in terms of RP but read the books and write new ones.

A change in region ownership of a place that is as beautiful as the Compendium is wonderful in my eyes, as it means I now have a chance to Roleplay there in the near future =)
All three of those players are currently inactive, and I can vouch for Raalvara in saying that she has done her best to seperate herself from HW. As for now, you're better off messaging NIAH, or until she takes official control of Compendium, myself. That is, if NIAH is comfortable with that.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I am on my way to work and I wont be back home till 8:30 est. If you guys can wait, I will respond more at that time.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I honestly don't really care about your guys opinions on a region that is fully in my name, or for a place that I'll probably never come back to. I wanted to see the region not die out. I, in fact, did ask Sizzix if she would be willing to let me release the region to someone else.

This was the response from Sizzix over Skype:

"I really haven't been around on the server because it's gone wildly downhill. I don't know if she's still around, but I know Raalvara was doing lots of building and really, really cared about the region."

I took that as a go ahead that she was inactive and no longer willing to work on the region and I have it to someone I trusted, Niah.

The fact that there's all this controversy now just shows that the lot of you can't find anything else better to do than argue over a bunch of nothing. I'd be happy to send Sizzix the money when she feels she can ask for it herself rather than from everyone else.

In the end, the region was under my name and I did consult Sizzix about this.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
And to be quite honest I don't even care, my name is the one that is on the timer and I know that Sizzix hasn't been super active and I didn't want to see the region die because of it. I don't plan on coming back for a long time anyways and honestly if Sizzix wants it back so it rots in her name she can have it.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
And to be quite honest I don't even care, my name is the one that is on the timer and I know that Sizzix hasn't been super active and I didn't want to see the region die because of it. I don't plan on coming back for a long time anyways and honestly if Sizzix wants it back so it rots in her name she can have it.
My issue has not be addressed. If you do not wish the region to die out, why not allow new players like me who took a very big interest in the region to stay?

No need to even answer: it is quite simply because the region was not active. A region that, by all accounts, is beautiful, fantastic and a brilliant place for scholars to go. It is fantastical. NIAH knows this and has taken control of the region because, new players like me that found The Compendium via friends suggestion, was sad and disappointed to see the region empty of players, full of empty houses and unfinished buildings (like the Tavern and walls).

If you truly do not care and you do not wish to return, then your arguments are not logical and I do not respect your decision to abandon such a beautiful creation that you may or may not have had a large hand in creating in the long past.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
I suggest letting Niah answer when she has time to and not jumping to conclusions or saying why people did what they did. Let's just leave it be for now.