Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Compendium {Moderate}

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE COMPENDIUM
"The Vale", "City of Enlightenment"

{The Compendium is a MODERATE region.}

- - -

- O V E R V I E W -

<><><>
The Compendium has a long and somewhat winded history, with a long line of caretakers and overseers who each left part of themselves and their own changes to the Vale. Its origins reach back far, to the town of Thiil in the Northern Kingdoms, and what knowledge could be saved with the Exodus was entrusted to the architect Edric Stone. It was he who built the original structures, the most notable being 'The Athenaeum' which currently stores hundreds of books, relics, and reminders of history.
<><><>
Over time, the collection and city alike expanded, many visitors to the Vale opting to bring books and mementos with them and to leave them behind in the care of the Compendium with the hope the knowledge will never be lost and always be treasured. Many have came to its aid in the past when evils lurked and the city was threatened, but it remains, and after several years has been restored and rejuvenated. The Compendium now stands strong as a fully independent and neutral location, a retreat for various scholars, mages, alchemists, and healers alike.
<><><>

[Region Owners(IC and OOC)]
Ruu Darling
Caretaker Jenette Eldrin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

- L O C A T I O N -

<><><>
Nature itself seems to protect and preserve the Compendium.

+ [DYNMAP LINK] +
To the west of the swamplands rests a cluster of sheer, jagged cliffs within the heart of the vast forests that surround it. The Vale is within these very cliffs, protected by them as a retreat from the Wilds, though it is this prime location in the midst of so much flora and fauna that makes it a perfect refuge for travelling adventurers and researchers.

(You can find a carriage warp at Storm's Landing, and one at Eastwatch.)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

- R U L E S -

<><><>
There are rules to follow if knowledge is to be protected.
[ OOC Rules ]
  1. Griefing will not be tolerated in any form. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
    • Theft of Items
      • No removing books, artifacts, or decorations without knowledge and consent of region owners AND the owners of the specific property in question.
      • No removing contents from chests without consent from the region owners
    • Altering/Adding Builds
      • If someone is given property within Compendium, they may not alter the exterior of that build without consent of region owners.
      • No basements or additional rooms may be added without knowledge and/or consent.
      • No adding buildings without knowledge and/or consent.
  2. After a month of inactivity, the region owners have permission to empty abandoned residences and offer the houses to others. Possessions left within the chests become part of the town storage.
  3. The region is considered Moderate.
  4. Residence/employment is granted solely through RP. It is not guaranteed that it will be given. Visitors, however, are always welcome.
[ IC Rules ]

T
his city is the stronghold for our people's knowledge. Within this vale, records are protected at all costs and artifacts dutifully preserved for future generations. The Caretakers of the Compendium keep the remnants of our history safe, and as such, their decisions are the protections of Compendium.

Those that are deemed unfit at the discretion of the Caretakers will be handled accordingly. Any that threaten, steal, or act with great suspicion, will be handled accordingly. No artifact, tome, or secret shall be removed. No resident or visitor shall be harmed. These are ways in which the Caretakers strive to protect The Compendium.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

- J O I N I N G -

<><><>
The Vale awaits with open arms to men and women of all backgrounds.

Caring for the Compendium is too much for one person alone. There is much needed and much to be done in order to see it run smoothly. Jenette Eldrin seeks out the greatest scholars, philosophers, astronomers, alchemists, healers, curators, and mages to fill the city with. There are also needs for innkeepers, leatherworkers, bookbinders, artists, farmers, and many more.

If you're interested in living in Compendium, arrange a RP with Jenette Eldrin, or start a conversation with Ruu Darling

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

- C E N S U S -

<><><>
In time, many will come to have considered this place a home.

[CARETAKER]
Jenette Eldrin || Ruu Darling

[RESIDENTS]
Melarue Lydril || Elz
-

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

- E V E N T S -

<><><>
There is much history to be made.

The Compendium has been host to a vast variety of events and meetings in the past, and there is always more to be had. If you're interested in using the Vale to host events or as neutral grounds to hold meetings, contact the Caretaker!

[OPENING THE ATHENAEUM]

<><><>
A gathering to celebrate the official re-opening of the great library.
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/opening-the-athenaeum-moderate-5pm-est-15th-may.49212/
- 15th May, 2020 -

-

[EVENT TITLE]
<><><>
A description.
URL

-

[EVENT TITLE]
<><><>
A description.
URL

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Thread re-made (again, I know) - The Compendium is now open and this includes the revamped library. Many books are in new bookcases you can access via the plugin (thankyou Bartooliinii ) but I do have some I still need to add and some section on the sides for areas I'm still working on. But it's RPable and there's not chests everywhere now.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I've edited the thread for now - This region is now owned by Ruu Darling for those interested in living there. Apologies for the confusion, I kept forgetting to edit.