Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Herald The End of the War of Ash and Lich

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
1656487609062.png
Heralds of the Inquisition of Saint Jacqueline spread yet another public proclamation.​

THERE SHALL BE NO MORE OPEN HOSTILITIES BETWEEN THE INQUISITION OF SAINT JACQUELINE, AND THE REACHING HAND OF BRANKO CALLAS

The Inheritor has made his peace with The Reaching Hand on these six terms.

I. The Inquisition acknowledges the claim of Skraagites to the swamps of the central continent. That domain shall be theirs in perpetuity, independent of all other lands and claims.
II. Branko Callas shall atone for all past crimes at the hands of the Inheritor, and shall be charred by the burns of God's cleansing flames for his atonement.
III. After his atonement, Branko Callas shall face no future punishments for past crimes by the will of the Inheritor. Having been punished for his past crimes, he shall not be punished again by any hand.
IV. Branko Callas shall commit no more terrors beyond the borders of the swamps. Within that unwanted domain he and his shall be as kings, but beyond they shall hold no power.
V. That if the Inquisition shall ever have need of the corrupting touch of Skraag, they shall be able to call upon the forces of that god in the apprehension of heretics and other criminals to the pantheon.
VI. That the Inheritor and Branko Callas shall duel. If the Inheritor wins, then he shall claim dominion as Lord over Nid Arach. If Branko Callas wins, then he shall lay claim to the fragment of the Archangel of Evil that Inheritor bears. This too will decide the official verdict of the war: if the Inheritor wins, then they may claim victory in the war. If Branko Callas wins, the Inquisition must admit defeat.

Of the sixth term, it shall be exclusively between the Inheritor and Branko. Any interference from others on either side shall be met with the full brunt of the witnesses brought by both sides to the occasion to bear witness.

OOC:
The date for the duel will be July 2nd at 6PM EST. The atonement for Branko will probably be the same date and also in front of witnesses, and if Aleksei dies then probably Leonhardt will oversee it or someone else appointed at the time of convenience.

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
Is there actual specification given as to what counts as 'swamps of the central continent'? Seeing there's a chunk of swampland owned by the Earthspawn.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Is there actual specification given as to what counts as 'swamps of the central continent'? Seeing there's a chunk of swampland owned by the Earthspawn.
IC border contestion, generally the idea is the area that is the more northern swamps along with dueling for Nid Arach. TLDR is earthspawn have no choice in the matter :sunglasses:

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
IC border contestion, generally the idea is the area that is the more northern swamps along with dueling for Nid Arach. TLDR is earthspawn have no choice in the matter :sunglasses:
Not cool.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Not everyone appreciates that kind of RP. Sometimes we have to make concessions OOCly to not ruin other people's fun.

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
yeah, no one who plays an earthspawn living in the swamps has reached out to me to talk about it and let me know it's bothering them. i can't work something out with anyone who does not reach out to me and let me know something i'm doing is bothering them

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
My personal opinion is that y'all should not even ICly involve people who didn't OOCly consent to being involved in the war as a general principle. Not everyone is going to be comfortable approaching either of you, and it sets a really bad precedent for next time. And insisting that they approach you (when at least one person has brought it up in this thread) is still not cool.

Crusader_Of_Man

Lord of Altera
Legend
Crusader_of_Man
Crusader_of_Man
Legend
I will weigh my three cents. A, the duel should be interesting. B, Leonhardt will act as Witness. C, If no one consents to anything in the server, we stagnant. It can be the IC proclamation for now, but what is defined as the swamps can be worked out so it does not infringe on the rights of other players. Sometimes decisions made by other players suck, and It's rough for me especially since I'm leaving and am worried in the state the inquisition will be in and how I'll have to RP when I get back, but the thing is shit happens. At least it's not a war server like others were this is common place, where people don't ask anything, don't make any proclamations for people to see until it's long too late where your faction is screwed 100%. I will suggest Kosta, BLarg and the earthspawn all talk with staff at the same time about how we go about doing this so we don't harm their rights too.

Astalgon

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Good
Retired Staff
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Astalgon
Astalgon
Good
doesn't the Inquisition only hold a burned down Inn as land?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
doesn't the Inquisition only hold a burned down Inn as land?
now now, we also have a single house in storm's landing, a giant tower in a lake that isn't finished building yet, and a castle in the middle of nowhere that gives you lung cancer from all the ash in the ashlands

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
My personal opinion is that y'all should not even ICly involve people who didn't OOCly consent to being involved in the war as a general principle. Not everyone is going to be comfortable approaching either of you, and it sets a really bad precedent for next time. And insisting that they approach you (when at least one person has brought it up in this thread) is still not cool.
This is a roleplaying server, by nature we’re meant to connect with other players to have a fun time. This whole hobby depends on interaction to some degree on an ic and ooc level. This is essentially the end of a conflict and the swamps are brought up because Skraagites operate in the swamps to an extent. Earthspawn weren’t really thought about when we opted for this.

In either case an ic border dispute is not big a deal, considering you can just opt to ignore it. Since something like large scale pvp conflict is a consent issue. Me and Blarg are not out here trying to forcefully take away peoples regions, so idk what this whole claim of bad precedent is.