Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Herald The End of the War of Ash and Lich

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
Next we see Branko trying to pacify the Earthspawns while being knee deep in the Ho Chi Minh trail.

Astalgon

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Good
Retired Staff
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Astalgon
Astalgon
Good
now now, we also have a single house in storm's landing, a giant tower in a lake that isn't finished building yet, and a castle in the middle of nowhere that gives you lung cancer from all the ash in the ashlands
apologies, Inheritor

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
like all great kings of old, the inheritor says he has authority and then everyone who says yeah he probably has authority accepts his authority
Following this concept, do we have to guillotine Aleksei's head off in the spirit of the revolution? Liberté? Égalité? Fraternité?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
But what about the droid attack on the Wookies on Kashyyyk?

Last edited:

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
yeah, no one who plays an earthspawn living in the swamps has reached out to me to talk about it and let me know it's bothering them. i can't work something out with anyone who does not reach out to me and let me know something i'm doing is bothering them
Coming out and claiming no one came to speak to you when the responsibility should be on you to reach out to them isn’t going to make people want to RP on the server. The “it’s easier to ask forgiveness than permission” mindset works great until you externalize your perspective to any other participant; why would the earthspawn players want to speak to you IC or OOC when you’ve thrown around their stuff without them knowing and why do you expect them to know if you haven’t informed anyone enough to ask permission?

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Coming out and claiming no one came to speak to you when the responsibility should be on you to reach out to them isn’t going to make people want to RP on the server. The “it’s easier to ask forgiveness than permission” mindset works great until you externalize your perspective to any other participant; why would the earthspawn players want to speak to you IC or OOC when you’ve thrown around their stuff without them knowing and why do you expect them to know if you haven’t informed anyone enough to ask permission?
I find it amusing you’re kind of just purposely glossing over that we didn’t really have in mind the Earthspawn when making these terms, we were kind of just focusing on the area Skraagites vaguely operates from. Which is generally away from Eark territory afaik. Getting tired of this unnecessary drama when this is essentially just ic stuff that will likely have little to no substantial impact icly.

This at “worst” will amount to an border dispute, which can be dealt with however the Earthspawn wish to deal with. I’ve messaged Baron and Raging about it privately and it’s an ic issue being dealt with icly. There you go.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
This at “worst” will amount to an border dispute, which can be dealt with however the Earthspawn wish to deal with. I’ve messaged Baron and Raging about it privately and it’s an ic issue being dealt with icly. There you go.
That doesn’t excuse the aforementioned foisting of one group onto others. It’s something you threw at them, their choices were to catch it or get hit by it. At least make the call first.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
That doesn’t excuse the aforementioned foisting of one group onto others. It’s something you threw at them, their choices were to catch it or get hit by it. At least make the call first.
This is kind of making a non-issue into a big deal.
Everything ends up getting connected to other things.

If I end up fighting a character, that character’s friends/acquaintances, they will probably hear about it in some manner. If I build a region vaguely close to another person’s region, my neighbors will likely have to icly or oocly consider my location If someone is at a tavern, then I walk in. I’m technically foisting my character on them.

Do I need to message players I’m building a region somewhat in their area even if I’m outside of the boundary limit? Should I need to message a player in a public area every time I wanna join an rp? Should I message the friends of a player I end up crping or interacting with to not influence their char without their permission?

You’re still kind of ignoring me mentioning we didn’t really think about the Earthspawn players. “Swamps” is a vague term that takes up a chunk of land. Far as I know this isn’t really us breaking any rules, and after complaints have been brought up, I went and talked to some Earthspawn players about it. This is essentially just taking some ic thing and making a big deal out of nothing.

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I would recommend people talk to Kosta and Blarg if someone is really upset about this and involved directly in it. If you need help to send messages, or are shy, an admin can work with you in making a group chat.

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
While I understand some people don't like a particular type of RP to be thrown their way without due notice, I think this should still be seen as a great driver for plot that doesn't need to include conflict. It could be a potential way for Eark characters to get together and get some united front, make their borders known, or they could just ignore this proclamation and no one would probably bother them anyway. We should all respect each other's preferences for types of RP but the world shouldn't be insular.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
also, if it's not clear, the duel is going to be 100% public. no intereference allowed, but anyone who wants to watch it can ic.