Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

{ The Grey Lady's Negotiation }

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Posters begin to flood out of the Defender's Camp, heading to Storm's Landing to place on message boards and the doors of major buildings.

Today, the powers that be have met at the River Portal.
Leaders of the defense have met with the leaders of the opposition. Archon has spoken to mortal man, and the Grey Lady alike. Lady Ashna came at the request of Theodosius Herennius, and it is through she that The Grey Lady spoke.

-----------

Wolfgang Harrister has pleaded with Archon, asking him to serve dutifully under Shalherana in a new role as lifebringer. Archon agrees, and seeks to aid the Goddess and to commune with her. He would close the portal, and he would return to the cycle as it was. However, Archon stands in defense of the dead that have come into this world. He will not allow The Grey Lady's reapers to come into this world and take back the dead.

The Grey Lady would allow him to live under Shalherana's guidance, but in exile of the Planar Realms, never to return nor meddle within them again. She will, however, concede this to occur only when her reapers have entered this realm to take back the dead that should not be here.

I write this to make it irrevocably clear what this means.

The revenants that have returned from death would be taken back. Your fathers, your mothers, your ancestors, and your friends that have found a new lease in this world will be ferried back into death.

Anyone that has suffered a grave wound since the stasis began that would have otherwise killed them will be taken back. The slums in Storm's Landing was burned to the ground by the Dark Order, and every citizen that was burned alive will be reaped. Anyone who was maimed or harmed that suffered an impossibly grave wound will be dragged into the river by these reapers.

All of my animancers will be taken in their claws for we are the living dead. For their choice of magic, the reapers will drag them into the River never to return for we reek of death.

-----------------

If you are among the returned dead, know that The Grey Lady's reapers will be coming for you. If you have suffered an injury that should have killed you, The Grey Lady's reapers will be coming for you.

I do not want to see this come to bloodshed. But if The Grey Lady will not allow all of us to remain, it may be inevitable. I will fight to defend Archon as much as I will fight to send these reapers back into the river. I seek any to join us, and to join this cause.

In an ideal resolution, Archon accepts his exile and lives under Shalherana. The portal closes and the cycle resumes. And The Grey Lady agrees to leave the returned dead and the gravely wounded to their lives. As for the worst possible resolution, a battle is waged between Archon and The Grey Lady, and those that support each individual.

Make the choice for yourselves. Decide who you stand for. And pray to whatever gods you follow that peaceful resolution may be found as a result of these talks. But if it cannot, know what will come for you and your loved ones that interlope in this world. Remain vigilant against all threats, including Strange.

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
All of my animancers will be taken in their claws for we are the living dead. For their choice of magic, the reapers will drag them into the River never to return for we reek of death.
This is an ooc question if it's known ic, I'll go with that. You won't need to answer if it's supposed to be IC.

When animancers die, don't they still go through shalherana's revival? When they look into the planar, aren't they mostly seeing through the looking glass, so-to-speak, or are you saying folks in animancy literally walk into the afterrealm, die and come back? I just want to be sure. I'm trying to grasp things as they go along, but I'm stumped over a few things.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
This is an ooc question if it's known ic, I'll go with that. You won't need to answer if it's supposed to be IC.

When animancers die, don't they still go through shalherana's revival? When they look into the planar, aren't they mostly seeing through the looking glass, so-to-speak, or are you saying folks in animancy literally walk into the afterrealm, die and come back? I just want to be sure. I'm trying to grasp things as they go along, but I'm stumped over a few things.
They do go through Shalherana's revival, yah! But they exist on the edge of both realms, and can tilt their awareness to the material plane, or to the Planar. Elizabeth always explains it to her students that they exist in both realms, but belong to neither. Neither fully dead, nor fully living. They can leave their body behind to move about in the Planar, and then return to their body when they're done.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
From this clear explanation, I'm going with all revenants siding with Archon if they have a little bit of brain left, right? Khorug stands with Archon now.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
From this clear explanation, I'm going with all revenants siding with Archon if they have a little bit of brain left, right? Khorug stands with Archon now.
Not all revenants or dying will side with Archon for this. Thôrdil suffered a mortal injury x200, and he is not shifting allegiance.

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
[!] On a clear wall near where the poster is printed, an illegally produced mural is painted of the Grey Lady, a twisted grin on her face as she holds the puppetry strings of frightened people. Surrounding the people are monstrous shadowy humanoids with scythes in their hands, pulling back to attack the frightened people. [!]