Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming The Holllympics

Do you like the idea

• YESSSS OMG YESS SOOO MUCH

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • I do in fact like this idea

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • It is....okay?

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meh, not really

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Frankie....leave this server now and never, NEVER, come back

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
*is a highly energetic announcer type man* Hellooooooo everyoneeee! Are you as excited as I am for the 1st annual Hollympic gamesssssssss! People from all 4 corners of the worrrllddd shall be representinngggg their TOWWWNNNSSS. Me being the attractive devil I am..A.. i shall be the Master of EEE.VENTTTTTSSSS. So, will you be taking home the wondrous prize of honor, glory, and perhaps more?-Head Master
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: So we will host an event in a chosen town (will talk about this later) and there will be various pvp, rp, parkour, pig riding, etc tournaments. The winner takes home the title of best athlete in Altera and possibly....a little more than that. We need a town though so if you want your town to be the host you must:​
-Supply food for the athletes that meet their dietary specifacations​
-Provide housing for the athletes during the competetion​
-Build different arenas for the tournaments​
-maybe more, I can't think of any yet​
Oh and folks, don't worry, we won't be calling it the Hollympics. Lets say Port Silver (I am just supplying a random town) was chosen, the games would be titled something along the lines of "The Silver Games" or "Lonmarian Games" (because of the king.) We also need a head master, so if you want to be a head master of events follow the format below​
Username:
RP name:
RP town:
RP job:
RP backstory:
Why you think YOU above all should be the olympic head master:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:
  1. NO weapons aloud (unless it is the event) at the games. The games are a time when we drop are swords and spears and fight are enemies in a peaceful, yet glorious matter
  2. Before the game, you must visit the grove of salhera and swear that you will not cheat. If you dislike salhera you might be able to visit another temple
  3. No head/false starts in running, gouging of eyes in wrestling,
  4. Once you are admitted as an athlete, you cannot withdraw
  5. Any others I can't think of yet
  6. No potions aloud unless otherwise specified, you will be tested
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Events: ( *=rp event, #= pvp event, ^= other event)

#Boxing:
RP explanation: 2 men of equal strength go into a confined area with people watching all around them. Their hands are dipped in hot wax and then they quickly stick their hands into a bucket of glass shards. They basically have a slap-hit fight until one man ops out.
How it will work ooc: Each player gets a stick with Power I and Sharpness I, they fight to the death, unless one of them ops out during it. More ideas anyone?
Rules: No armor aloud at any time, standard hollowlympics rules apply, don't whine
#*^Hoplitodromos:
RP explanation: Every town participating selects one of their best warriors to run through a track, in full armor, while they are getting stabbed and trying to stab others if their were to be 10 competitors, the first five to cross the finish line will make it onto the next round. The next round is swimming, in full armor, across a lake. The first 2 to make it battle to the death (no resurrection, unless everyone hates that idea)
How it will work ooc: Basically like explained above, but how the armor will slow them down is all along the sides we will have ooc game referees throwing splash potions of slowness on the players. They will all be given full iron armor and an iron sword. The swimming will be a normal river path type thing and then that fighting part at the end will be RP fighting
Rules: No armor or weapons we don't give you, no potions, no whining that you didn't win and standard rules apply. Use common sense, if you know something is cheating or unfair, just don't do it.
^Long Jump:
RP explanation: Every town picks their most agile person to compete in a rigorous obstacle course. As the course progresses it will just get increasingly difficult.
How it will work ooc: The hosting town will create a medieval fantasy style parkour course that will go on in different stages. Pretty self explanatory.
Rules: No hitting or harming any other player, no potions, common sense, standard rules apply, don't whine
^Archery precision:
RP explanation: Fling! Swoosh! Kaboom! The sounds of arrows are flying past you because you are in the Archery precision sector of the hollowympics. The archers are chosen with great *Pun alert* precision. The archers are going through stages, each time the target gets farther and farther away and fewer people stay. Who wins? This is also one of the games that females can partake in.
How it will work OOC: Basically like above. The participants get 1 arrow per round and the judges examine carefully on the labeled targets. Every time someone misses or they get the farthest away from the center than anyone else, they leave. Each time the targets get farther and farther away....
Rules: NO SECRET ENCHANTED BOWS OR POTIONS! Standard rules apply use common sense
Many more TBA I just don't have the time right now, will update later so stay tuned

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
Awhile ago when the real olympics was on, I do in fact like the way you've structured it but I'm just saying that it's not the first and the other one was bigger/more events.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
I have a couple of questions:
  • We sign up for one event at the time, not all, right? (I suppose so, but it was not clarified)
  • Do we really need to enter representing a town, or with a specified job?

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
Awhile ago when the real olympics was on, I do in fact like the way you've structured it but I'm just saying that it's not the first and the other one was bigger/more events.
Well I am not done writing the events and we can always have another
I have a couple of questions:
  • We sign up for one event at the time, not all, right? (I suppose so, but it was not clarified)
  • Do we really need to enter representing a town, or with a specified job?
One event, your town must choose you ,only 1 athlete per competition per town

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
Whoever voted for the last option shall die.

Even if they're kidding.

Seriously.

I mean it.

;)

Spark

Broken
The love of the community is shown in the votes.... It's pretty much tied between "I could not give a damn" and "Get out"

Ephemarel

Lord of Altera
Whoever voted for the last option shall die.
Not a difficult promise to make, seeing as we're all eventually going to die. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure their kidding. *gives those people... the stare.* It's best though if you leave them a little less harsh of a sarcastic answer option. :)

As far as the event goes, I think it's a great idea, but if it's going to gather anywhere near the interest of the actual olympics, you need to think like you're creating the olympics. The fact is, it'll take a lot of time and effort to put something of this scale together. Plus you'll need a lot more events. I would suggest you postpone it, while still working toward it and gathering ideas. Maybe take it up with the staff, and make it super-official.

That's just my two cents though.

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
Not a difficult promise to make, seeing as we're all eventually going to die. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure their kidding. *gives those people... the stare.* It's best though if you leave them a little less harsh of a sarcastic answer option. :)

As far as the event goes, I think it's a great idea, but if it's going to gather anywhere near the interest of the actual olympics, you need to think like you're creating the olympics. The fact is, it'll take a lot of time and effort to put something of this scale together. Plus you'll need a lot more events. I would suggest you postpone it, while still working toward it and gathering ideas. Maybe take it up with the staff, and make it super-official.

That's just my two cents though.
+1 yes....so much yes

Status
Not open for further replies.