Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Hollowworld Guide to Brewery

Predetermined campaign confirmed.

Maybe having some brews will make us all feel better.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Sorry but I need to vent.
Rewriting the recipes is extremely unfair towards people who not only took their time (a batch of wine took pretty much 1-2 hours, without looking at my spread sheet) but also mats that are not just rare but also a pain in the ass to get. Some others even paid for recipes.
It's not only lost days of time, but also resources...

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
Sorry but I need to vent.
Rewriting the recipes is extremely unfair towards people who not only took their time (a batch of wine took pretty much 1-2 hours, without looking at my spread sheet) but also mats that are not just rare but also a pain in the ass to get. Some others even paid for recipes.
It's not only lost days
I'm sorry. That does suck. Fortunately, I have some cool plans for it. I am sorry you lost money and time. But I've also almost double the amount of recipes available by modifying the previous recipes. Hopefully, that will cheer you up a little. :)

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
As another note, the errors in brewery should now be fixed!

All recipes should be good to go.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I'm sorry. That does suck. Fortunately, I have some cool plans for it. I am sorry you lost money and time. But I've also almost double the amount of recipes available by modifying the previous recipes. Hopefully, that will cheer you up a little. :)
The problem with brewery was a completely different one to begin with:

There wasn't really an interest in the brews themselves.
And tbh it's kinda understandable, because all people have to do is poof their drinks in IC, pretty much why I stopped trying to find out recipes after a while.

Take wine for example making one batch (i.e.) 3 cost around 190 rads + several hours of time for aging. Yet no one was willing to pay even just 100 rads for a single potion.

Someone later added effects to them if brewed correctly which imho only made it worse as it made normal potions obsolete(so ls remove those effects if you are at it lol, like Northern Vodka invisibility... WRY?!).
Rewriting and re-promoting the plugin will change that for a short while, but as long as people are allowed to RP-only their drinks, the plugin will never be as popular as it should be.

Tbh the last occasion on which I remember it being used properly was a feast following a joust my old char threw way back on the old map. I had like 4 double chests or so of beer for the occasion (I also remember someone barfing gravel on a queen's dress, because they drank too much...)

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

And tbh it's kinda understandable, because all people have to do is poof their drinks in IC, pretty much why I stopped trying to find out recipes after a while.

Take wine for example making one batch (i.e.) 3 cost around 190 rads + several hours of time for aging. Yet no one was willing to pay even just 100 rads for a single potion. Sally later added effects to them if brewed correctly which imho only made it worse as it made normal potions obsolete(so ls remove those effects if you are at it lol).
Rewriting and re-promoting the plugin will change that for a short while, but as long as people are allowed to RP-only their drinks, the plugin will never be as popular as it should be.

Tbh the last occasion on which I remember it being used properly was a feast following a joust my old char threw way back on the old map. I had like 4 double chests or so of beer for the occasion (I also remember someone barfing gravel on a queen's dress, because they drank too much...)
Ultimately, this is meant to be an RP server. I don't think it fair to say someone can't RP having a drink unless they pay ooc rads have a superfluous prop to represent that drink.

Brewery is a fun novelty for people who like the reward of making and finding the recipes, but should not be made as a requirement to pursue just to roleplay.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single

Take wine for example making one batch (i.e.) 3 cost around 190 rads + several hours of time for aging. Yet no one was willing to pay even just 100 rads for a single potion.

Someone later added effects to them if brewed correctly which imho only made it worse as it made normal potions obsolete(so ls remove those effects if you are at it lol, like Northern Vodka invisibility... WRY?!).

I'd just use the spreadsheet for the last recipes as a base to find the modified ones. I'm sure there are some that are similar in some ways, so it shouldn't be a total loss. Just about putting a bit of time into it.

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
I'd just use the spreadsheet for the last recipes as a base to find the modified ones. I'm sure there are some that are similar in some ways, so it shouldn't be a total loss. Just about putting a bit of time into it.

I will say I focused a lot on making drinks intuitive. Using more common sense with recipes in ingredients while preserving cost of the drinks by amount of ingredients used in each.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I will say I focused a lot on making drinks intuitive. Using more common sense with recipes in ingredients while preserving cost of the drinks by amount of ingredients used in each.
Ok pls at least answer this: Did you rewrite parts of the plugin to use custom heads such as the grape head?
Sry but one of the old mats for wine was just a pain in the ass to even get (hence the cost of 1200 per Stack)

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
Ok pls at least answer this: Did you rewrite parts of the plugin to use custom heads such as the grape head?
Oh I wish, man. I tried. Brewery as far as I have experimented thus far does not use heads. I actually did put effort into that.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Craft heads also doesn’t use other heads as ingredients because of MC items having a specific id. We tried and know it would have been cool

It wouldn't have quite the same effect, but you could use custom heads for villager trading recipes. And you call call those with a command, so you don't need a villager.

Dumb example off the top of my head:

Red Grape head + piston = Crushed Red Grape
Crushed Res Grape + bottle = Fermented Red Grape Juice
Fermented Grape Juice + Clock = Red Wine

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/mar-9th-kalstaats-craftsman-festival.45388/

I wanted to link this here, in part, because of the Brewery Competition. It is something Raal came up with, and while I may not be a brewer, I know many of you are. If folks are interested in doing a brewing competition, poke me and I'll add your character into the running. I believe Raal is wanting to use the event as some kind of experiment for the plugin?

Anyway- Brewing!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Is it possible to enable the alcoholic effect of specific beverages? I remember Cymic_ once hosted a drunk parkour in which attendants had to down a drink and then try to run over an obstacle course with the weird walking effect enabled. That was some of the most fun I've ever had! Would be nice to do something like that again.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Errr... Does it affect the outcome of my drinks if I have different ones aging in the same barrel? :(

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Is it possible to enable the alcoholic effect of specific beverages? I remember Cymic_ once hosted a drunk parkour in which attendants had to down a drink and then try to run over an obstacle course with the weird walking effect enabled. That was some of the most fun I've ever had! Would be nice to do something like that again.
From what I recall, they were disabled as they were distracting to the rp experience when downing drinks. I can hear what folks think and what staff things for it to be enabled.

Errr... Does it affect the outcome of my drinks if I have different ones aging in the same barrel? :(
It shouldn't effect it, and even if you fill the whole barrel, the aging should still work. The wood type of barrel can effect the outcome of the drink, though.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Thanks for answering those Solus .
Are submissions for new drinks still possible? I'm trying to re-create some of the old ones, written in books of years back. Some of the recipes aren't even made for brewery, but I thought it'd be nice to add them in our own way.