Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

<- The Neverending Hunt ->

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
I really don't see how this is okay in the slightest. The character is already dead. Now you're putting another bounty on his head to die immediately upon revival? That's just abuse in my opinion.

Edit: This bounty advocates me simply killing off someone else's character over and over and over leaving no fun for rp just because I don't like them. Despite your IC reasons they have perished- That is punishment enough. This would be enough to make me get fed up with even trying to rp.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
I really don't see how this is okay in the slightest. The character is already dead. Now you're putting another bounty on his head to die immediately upon revival? That's just abuse in my opinion.
It's a meditative IC response to all of the things that have happened in a short span of time. Should someone want to discuss the removal of the bounty, which was ICly placed and driven, then it needs to be discussed with any of the three who put up the bounty to begin with.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
It's a meditative in response to all of the things that have happened in a short span of time. Should someone want to discuss the removal of the bounty, which was ICly placed and driven, then it needs to be discussed with any of the three who put up the bounty to begin with.
This isn't something that should be an issue IC. It should however be a major OOC issue with how the staff value a players ability to have fun. Just because I have tons of OOC cash doesn't mean I have the right to ruin someone else's rp.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
This isn't something that should be an issue IC. It should however be a major OOC issue with how the staff value a players ability to have fun. Just because I have tons of OOC cash doesn't mean I have the right to ruin someone else's rp.
He killed a member of Ayda's family, and after discussing it with the people that were at the murder, they want to make sure that he is unable to kill someone else. It is an IC issue. If you feel this is OOCly an issue, then please file a ticket.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
He killed a member of Ayda's family, and after discussing it with the people that were at the murder, they want to make sure that he is unable to kill someone else. It is an IC issue. If you feel this is OOCly an issue, then please file a ticket.
This is absolutely fucked up. So you're telling me that it's okay for me to put a 50k bounty on your head each time your revive? No- This is horribly wrong.

Lavilethorn

Lord of Altera
It's almost as if actions have consequences. Wow!

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
This is absolutely fucked up. So you're telling me that it's okay for me to put a 50k bounty on your head each time your revive? No- This is horribly wrong.
It is ICly driven. Actions have consequences. And as I've said. If you would like to discuss it IC to have the bounty removed, then please contact one of the people involved.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
It's almost as if actions have consequences. Wow!
This isn't okay. Ruining someone's character is not okay. Killing a player's character over and over upon revival is not okay. You're all sick if you genuinely think this is fine.
You are FORCING someone to essentially give up their character.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
This isn't okay. Ruining someone's character is not okay. Killing a player's character over and over upon revival is not okay. You're all sick if you genuinely think this is fine.
You are FORCING someone to essentially give up their character.
I will say again. This is an ICly driven thing. If you contact Ardaric, Segar, or Ayda and speak to them about it, then they can discuss the removal of the bounty.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
I will say again. This is an ICly driven thing. If you contact Ardaric, Segar, or Ayda and speak to them about it, then they can discuss the removal of the bounty.
I don't care IC. This is me as a player saying you are forcing a player to quit playing a character. "Either kill off Cedlas entirely or keep dying over and over until staff make him go away." This is corrupt.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
I don't care IC. This is me as a player saying you are forcing a player to quit playing a character. "Either kill off Cedlas entirely or keep dying over and over until staff make him go away." This is corrupt.
I've said my piece, as well as how to settle the situation.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
entirely uninvolved in any of this, but nothing stops those who aren't for this going "hey you cant do this in my land" or "haha have a bounty on you" and do counter-bounty type things, or assist cedlas in the event a bounty-hunter goes after him

i think this is fairly over-the-top, but unless im mistaken there is nothing that says someone cant do this

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I'm with Tot on this one. I'm a pretty big believer in that once you kill a character that conflict should be resolved as it used to be in the days of old. Once a character was killed, the conflict usually got a soft reset with potential for it to re-ignite. Yall new age folks are bloodthirsty as a mosquito on a fat kid.

Edit: Luam this is true. As we are both familiar, all of the parties that have signed has voided all consent in relation to the bounty and there is nothing saying it can't happen. Similarly, theres nothing stopping group-killing folks like hawklight stragglers did a fair few times. It was heavily frowned upon. It's like purchasing a famous painting and burning it. Perfectly legal. Realistically immoral.

My opinion is just that, an opinion. I don't like to see it happen but as said, fairly, they do void their consent to death in placing this bounty.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
I'm with Cedlas on this one. I'm a pretty big believer in that once you kill a character that conflict should be resolved as it used to be in the days of old. Once a character was killed, the conflict usually got a soft reset with potential for it to re-ignite. Yall new age folks are bloodthirsty as a mosquito on a fat kid.
that last sentence is passive-aggressive and irrelevant. the rest i understand, however this is a matter of bringing to staff if there is a legitimate issue, not arguing over a thread that will end up getting locked otherwise.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover

if u wouldn't mind i'd actually love a 50k bounty on my characters head every time i'd feel pretty happy

-

Addendum from a guy who plays villainous characters often:

The situations leading up to the inevitable state that we're at currently (which is the boiling pot of what's been going on in character, ranging from the myriad of disasterous events after the recent event line and what we have present day which was the aforementioned regard of how many crimes have been committed and how they ranged IC to other parties, and what we have present day.) Now, on taking a stance for or against, there is a simple note and that's to regard IC as IC and keeping OOC directly where it belongs OOC.

On a character being responded to in kind with their actions, and how that is often taken IC, is two things that should always be considered before an emote is made. If you are playing a character that is villainous, it is common courtesy almost, to react in kind with that degree of heinous regard. There are some who will agree and disagree with that statement, some who won't act, some who will.

In addendum to that, however, if people did not want certain things like this to occur, one may only have suggested that these actions not take place in a horrifically public place or otherwise make it unnecessarily clear that your intent is to either:
  • Permanently Maim
  • Permanently Attempt To Murder
  • Steal (At high grade)
  • Be a villain.
Know the risks at which you're doing. Does this suck IC: Yes. I think the only real OOC thing here is the shekels and man I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking at that with a big ol pair of O_O and thought about it for a bit. Revival exists and things like this clear up over time. I think a fairly acceptable reminder is the events of last year wherein a player had a 250,000 radiant bounty on their head and a promise of land for a specific dead Moor. I think the only annoying part of it was the accidental metagaming that occurred from it.

Last edited:

DizPanda

Official Alteran
Patron
DizPanda
DizPanda
Patron
A certain Silver Elf notes this bounty. "S-seems like I am not the only one who is tired..."

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
that last sentence is passive-aggressive and irrelevant. the rest i understand, however this is a matter of bringing to staff if there is a legitimate issue, not arguing over a thread that will end up getting locked otherwise.
It's not meant to be passive aggressive, times are a'changing. And I'm not arguing (if that's directed at me). Thought I conveyed my thoughts pretty clearly.

On the matter of things entirely I have friends on both sides and I'm entitled to my opinion that while thats not what I like to see dont carry on, there is nothing that's stopping anyone from carrying on or counter carrying on

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/consent-rules-in-roleplay-in-events-in-regions.42262/
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/server-rules-kings-law.42258/

Hey folks,

The bounty is in itself appropriate for the rp server. If something happens in rp, you're allowed to react to it. People are also allowed to react to that reaction.
OOCly, however, our rules don't condone repeatedly murdering a player character unless they have done some serious messed up wrong or made a wrong move while alive and after revival. Otherwise, it falls under the 'Don't be an asshole' clause for consent. It tends to be not fun when you're being targeted by a whole player base on your case, however- bounties and hunting are a natural part of roleplay and character storylines, especially if you've crossed a lot of lines. If Swiftspear feels it's unjustified after he's revived and in a situation that isn't naturally called for, we will help him manage it through moderation so that this is an experience he can work with for a character in this position.

Lavilethorn

Lord of Altera
Alustrum would look over the notice, almost spitting out his coffee at that number. "Well, looks like I'm gonna need me bow again."

Status
Not open for further replies.