Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Tale of a Traveller

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Name: Taor Utoyelna Sadon Raorenson (Taor Raorenson" means "cursed" minotaur)
Nickname/Alias: Mario/Taor
Race: Human
Height: 5'9"
Weight: Un-known
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Skin: White with tan
Identifying Marks: Burn on left cheek
Appearance:
This is old skin. Looks like a dwarf from his time in Ascension Heights and (see story). Always carries a sword, food and a map few torches. Sometimes wears a hooded cloak if it is dark, in a tavern, or in a new town. Wears it about everywhere apart from going to allied towns or people, friends or special parties. Burn on left cheek from a raid on his village.
New skin: White robes with dark blue trims. Black hair and blue eyes.

Description:
Taor
is known as many different people, making him a good actor. He is known as a madman in Protaras, a theif in parts Altera has not yet explored and a friend to some. Taor does not like to get involved in social activities and is a secretive, shy character. He is also brave and bold, but prefers not to get involved in fights. Either standing back, hiding, or shooting with his bow, he only runs at the last point. He prefers stealth and ambush than charging into the fury of battle. He sometimes freaks out, and claims he can see spirits and they are attacking him, although nothing is happening. Does not give opinions and no one knows what he gets up to if he is not with you. He is there when you least expect him and not always there when you need him. He is learning to control his blackouts and goes to meditate often in the courtyards of Uthrandir. Although he is a very good merchant, you cannot always rely on him.

Part 1: The Start
When he was young, he lived in a village ,called Ravendras, about 740 miles away from Altera. The village had about 20 people living there. One night 4 years after he was born, and evil lord from the West, a dark lord, and his mage's came and burnt the village down. Many of the men were killed defending the village, but his father survived. Some people, including his father we taken and no one has heard of them since. His mother died shortly after the attack from a major injury in her back. Only 11 people remained and fled to the near by forest. From then on they became hermits living off wild animals in houses in the trees and under ground. They lived quite happily after that.
At the age of 7, he became the best hunter in the tribe.
One day when he was hunting, he saw a wild boar eating a nearby fern. He hid behind a fallen tree, his hand made spear on his shoulder....... The last thing that boar saw was the moist leaves of the fern.
He then bound it with some thick twine, and dragged it back to his tribe. While walking, he looked at the ground and stumbled over a long pole. He picked it up. It was a spear. A soldiers spear. He had never seen a real weapon before. As he returned to the tribe, he showed his friends the spear. The tribe elder was not very happy.
"The reason we moved to the forest was not just because we moved to avoid futher attacks and such, it was to protect you from the outside world. You can keep the spear........"

The following week, with his new spear, sharpened and ready, he saw a stag. He hid behind a tree and was about to throw when he heard a snap and the stag ran off. He turned and saw three knights on horseback. Real knights! After a quick conversation and them appologising for scaring the stag, they told him of a city called Port Silver, about 2 weeks horse ride away. When he returned to the tribe that night, around the fire he told them he was leaving for Port Silver. And the following morning, he said goodbye and took his horse to Port Silver.

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Part 2: Port Silver, Altera.

As Mario docked his raft at Port Silver, he was greeted by many people. Merchants, Nobles, peasants, gaurds and the like. People stared and sniggered at him in his wolf hide cloth, but he did not mind. After the months of travelling he didn't care what people said about him. But, in this new, busy city, he felt strangely alone, yet there were more than 100 people in view. As he stepped off his raft, people seemed to swurve away if he walked near them. He trudged on through the crowds and came to a turn in the road. There were two signs reading :
"Harsh Jump. Do not jump unless you wish to die."
and
"Road to Port Silver."
He took the right turning, to Port Silver and instantly stopped and stared at this massive statue of a warrior. Shalherana had covered it with moss. People pushed him aside while he was looking and almost fell off the bridge into the lake bellow. He entered the knight at its waist and yet there were more signs. "To Port Silver Mineshaft and Dungeons", "Port Silver". He continued straight and entered a whole new world. The massive houses and structures were beatiful! The cathedral was the biggest building he could see, towering over the people, casting a huge grey shadow onto the city. Suddenly, someone put their arm round his shoulder and walked onwards, towards the houses.
" Hello there, friend!" said the stranger, gleaming. "Im Atkrye, mayor of Chilvers Landing. You look like you need a clean up and some good food. Well, you're in luck! The tavern is just up this road. Let's go have a sit down."
As they entered the tavern, Taor felt a warm wind come from the fire behind the counter. Atkrye bought some beer and they sat down at an smooth oak table.
"So then" said Atkrye "Whats your name? How did you come about Port Silver?"
"I'm Taor."
After a while of talking about his life before he left Ravendras, he came on to tell his story while on his way to Port Silver. He told about his horse being killed by skeletons and this weird thing that kept happening to him.
" On my travells, I saw ghosts. Spirits to be precise. They talked to me....told me about the Dark Lord of the West, the one who burned the town, and that my father was still alive being held captive. The worst part is I black out and I can't control it. I just see them and hear them, I can't talk to them either. It's...it's like I'm being held back."
Mario and Atkrye had been taking about their lives for just over an hour until the bell in Port Silver cathedral struck 2:00 PM.

"Atkrye."
"Yes?"
"You said you were the mayor of Chilvers Landing, in the nation of Ascension."
"That is correct."
"Well, I was wondering, could I join Chilvers?"
"Of course, Taor! It is a new town and there are only about 4 people living there at the moment. We can catch the next boat ride in 10 minutes. Luckily, the dock is only 2 minutes away. Why don't we have a look around Port Silver quickly? I mean, you're only new."
As they walked, Atkrye showed Taor all of Port Silver. As they approached the market, Taor spotted some people on the sides of the road, with their hands out all dusty and muddy.
"Who are they?" asked Toar with a sense of fear and sadness. "They look....hungry, ill and cold. Why don't they go to the tavern to warm up?"
"They are the un touchables" Atkrye replied with a despressed tone to his voice. "They are poorer than peasants. So poor they get kicked about by people. Some people give them food and silver."
The man slouching on the floor had a torn tunic. Once colourful, now dusty and grim. He looked up, with pleading eyes and moaned. Atkrye put 20 silver and some bread in his hands. "Go get yourself some new clothes and a wash." Atkrye added 50 more silver.
They walked on, under the bright arch. The market was a big square full of stalls and shops. People were running about, children were playing. Birds were pecking crumbs of food off the floor and villagers were shooing them away. The smell of fresh, gourmet beef filled their noses. They pair bought some cheese,apples and mushroom soup. They sat at a round table and watched the world go by. After about 10 minutes they stood up and spoke to a robe merchant. Atkrye bought Taor a new robe. It was a brown tunic with a waist belt.
"My my!" Atkrye exclaimed "Look at the clock tower! Its 3 o' clock! We have missed the boat! Guess we will have to hire some horses."

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Part 3: A fresh life

As the pair arrived at the tower to Chilvers Landing, after about a 30 minute horse ride, the sun was just setting over the bay. The sandstone and birch buildings were ugly but beatiful. The tower loomed over the hamlet, but in a good way. The houses were being built along Chilvers Road. Atkrye walked on a bit, past the first house, which bellonged to DJ England (Will change to RP name if I can find one) and got to a space between Atkrye's house and DJs' house. "This is your plot" said Atkrye "Feel free to build what ever you want on it. But remember, don't go out of the boundries and make sure to build it out of birch and sandstone.
You will need some materials and it seems like you don't have any. Hang on. Ill get you some stone."
Taor made a sword, axe, shovel and pickaxe and set about getting materials. He started with the birch trees. Luckily there was a small wood of them behind the road. "Remember to replant the saplings!" Atkrye shouted from the docks. He looked like he was fishing....for fish, of course. Once Taor had a fair amount of birch he went to the desert behind the town. Taor got the sandstone he needed but before returning to build, he gazed at this path that lead up the hill in the distance, leading to here.

He returned to town and as he passed through the tower, out of the corner of his eye he saw a box. As we walked closer to it, he read the sign. It read:
"Donations to the tower are much apreciated"
He wondered if he should have a look inside. He could use sandstone and birch for his house, it would also be good practice to test his stealing skills he had learnt from a boy in a town he passed on the way to Port Silver. He slowly opened the chest lid, anxiously looking around to see if Atkrye was coming. He opened the lid some more and it creaked. He peered inside and all that was in there was a few crumbs of food and chips of wood and stone, nothing of any use. He closed it making sure that it didn't make a noise when it shut and checked the area once more and continued to his building.

The following evening, Atkrye checked up on Taor to see how he was doing with the building. He explained a bit more about the town and the nation of Ascension. He explained how they imported fish to the town of Dustwood, the first town in the nation. Atkrye told him about Billain the founder of Ascension and they assistant mayors of Chilvers. They ate freshly cooked and caught sammon from the last fishing trip. It tasted delicious. The pure white flakes of the fish filled his mouth with vibrant flavours. They drank ale, although Taor was only 12 at the time. That night, when Taor lied in bed, gazing up at the stars, he wondered if he would ever see the tribe again. He wondered what they were doing and if they were thinking of him, their prized hunter, then he drifted off to sleep.

In his dreams, he was back at the village just before it got attacked. He saw himself as a young toddler and his mother and father. The villagers were preparing for the attack and the children and women were inside. He saw his friends, Maria, Bryce and Leofrick inside their homes. He floated down and called their names but he couldn't speak. The men were readying their weapons as a cloud of darkness descended over the roofs of the houses. He wished he could help them fight. As the Dark Lord and his armies descended from the cloud, grim and black, smokey and grey, the scene froze, and the only thing that could move was Taor. He flew around the area looking in the houses, he saw the villagers petriefied. He looked around for his mother and himself as a four year old.
He found his house. It was not too big, with cracked brick and vines, but the interior was grand. He looked around and saw the hatch leading to the cellar. The trapdoor was hardly visable, just being revealed because of a curl in the rug. He sunk through the floor, and saw his younger self. Him and his mother were curled up in the furthest corner in blankets. There were a few bags of food and water. Enough to last them about a week. Next to his mother was a sharpened sword and spear, ready to use. The pet dogs were a beatiful colour of gold. Their fur swirled around their boddies. Their necks had darker, shaggier fur around them, and the dogs were massive. It was only then that Taor realised his pet dogs, Jetta and Flopsy were actually lions. Flopsy was sleeping, and Taor had his head rested against his back. The scene changed. It was the day his mother died. She was laying in the reckage of their house, Jetta at her side. Taor was there, head in his hands. The rest of the villagers were crowded round more wounded people. One by one, the people started dieing. His mother was the towns healer, and she was in no shape to brew and potions or say any spells. Her black hair was singed and it looked like charcoal. Burns and lashes accross her body. Then.....it happened. She said goodbye to the village, and asked for some time with Taor. When Taor returned to the rest of the villagers, he was crying his heart out.

"This is where you blacked out, Taor." said a voice, serious and low. " You were out for about 3 days. You were crying and screaming in your sleep. Flopsy died trying to save you and your mum. She was burned alive by a blazin."
Taor wanted to ask what a "blazin" was but the only thing that came out of his mouth was silence. " What is a blazin you say? I guess you call them "blazes". They are a creature of the Nether. Or sometimes called Hell." there was a long pause and then the stranger spoke again. "Do you want to know what happened to Jetta? After she dissappeared when you woke up? .... I can read your thoughts, Taor. Well, like I showed you, she was a lioness. Beatiful if I do say. If you want to know the answer, you must travel the whole of Altera and beyond. She left. She is very intellagent and she will find you before you find her. She went looking for your dad. That is all I will say for now. You will see me again. Take this. It is a charm which summons me, only in your sleep. Be careful though. It causes you to faint. Goodbye for now........brother."
The scene changed again and he was in Chilvers Landing. Then, he woke up and heard lots of people. He looked at the sun and it was directly over head. He got out of bed and froze.

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Part 4: The Spirits of the Hollow World
Part 4 part 1: "My name is Krandir."

It was him.
His coal black skin, orange eyes that looked as if they were on fire, smoke and small sparks and flames coming from his shoulders, it was the stranger from his dream.
"B-b-but..-"
"Little Taor. Don't stammer. Relax." said the stranger, in his firey voice. " I guess you want to know who I am and why I am in your house." the stranger sighed and there was a long pause. " I ......... I am your brother, Taor." he chuckled, "You should of seen your fase! It was holarious! ..... Anyway. My name is Krandir. Krandir Hedmenstaff. The Dark Lord of the West."

Taor stared in awe and anger at him. From his dream last night, he was so angry he swore he would rip the Lord's head of! "Taor, I know how you are feeling. I can read your mind. and with that, Krandir dissapperead in a puff of fire and smoke but from that fell a map and a compass. He knew he couldnt go now. He was too young, he was scared. He decided he would wait until he was 17 atleast.

"So you will have to wait until then to hear my adventures, but you can hear my story leading up to it."

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
nice story, but methinks that you need to re-read it and make sure its okay, some of the sentences don't make sense :(

Example: They lived happily and by the age of 7 he was the best hunter in the tribe.

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
I have edited my profile with a new RP name. Taor Raorenson. My first and last names mean ""Cursed" Minotaur". I cant seem to change the title of my post....So could an admin/mod change it from "Tale of Traveller" to "Tale of a Traveller" . I missed out the a :/ That would be great. If you cant change the title, then.....leave it XD

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Im writting more. I was just having a bit of a break. I have a feeling my RP story may have about 8 chapters after Part 4....so 12 chapters in total. The weird thing is, I dont even know whats gonna happen next. I just gave myself a basic story line and character (Which still needs to be explain more) and make the rest up as I go along. I think Itzzaboys' is the best one I have read so far. And then there is the war of altera thing. Mine is MEGA UBER rubbish compared to most RP stories ive seen.

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Part 3 is now up. Part 4 coming tomorrow. I am adding in a lot more than i first planned. :/ I guess thats good though. Makes the story better. Hope you read and enjoy. Please leave a comment :)

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
yeah its an awesome story you made :3 im soon about to make mine but i still need something done.
and itzza does have the best rp profile ever every1 does know that i think :p