Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished The Tower of Archaz (Big Event!)

Helios

Legend of Altera
*Sigh*. I forgot I HAVE to attend my sister's quinceañera even though she's sixteen... Someone tell me how the event is after, it seems as though it's going to awesome!

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
*Sigh*. I forgot I HAVE to attend my sister's quinceañera even though she's sixteen... Someone tell me how the event is after, it seems as though it's going to awesome!
I thought those happened at 15... (hence the quin)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
@dUMMY and the rest of the lovely pvpers out there. I would like to ask you not to spoil the event by pvping us as we approach the tower. :heart:
EDIT: actually, it wouuld be nice if you joined! If you're still a rp bandit: that makes some interesting roleplay, tricking people as we go further into the dangerous situations!

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
@dUMMY and the rest of the lovely pvpers out there. I would like to ask you not to spoil the event by pvping us as we approach the tower. :heart:
EDIT: actually, it wouuld be nice if you joined! If you're still a rp bandit: that makes some interesting roleplay, tricking people as we go further into the dangerous situations!
And what would Dummy get out of this?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
And what would Dummy get out of this?
Well, a good roleplay, a fun event with challenges to yourself and of course your share of the treasure at the end of the event. And I'd rather ask you in person than asking the staff to announce that there is to be no pvping on our way to the tower...

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
20:00 GMT (8pm)

12:00 PST (Noon, 12pm) Pacific

13:00 PDST (1pm)

14:00 CST (2pm) Central

15:00 EST (3pm) Eastern

I am missing some times zones~

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Added this: No Pvp between attendants on our way to the tower! if you do pvp, then you are spoiling the event and the staff will be free to take action against your crime.
well its the sorrowlands. We can't exactly do anything.
Additionally, @Piratep00f has not contacted Management about staff assistance for this event, which we are normally happy to provide.

Please disregard any posts of staff involvement that is not by a member of the Staff Team.

I'm happy to come along in survival with my god-armour, though :p

Edit By Naelwyn:
We are totally fine with staff supporting events in the Northern Kingdoms - but our rules for the sorrowlands say that we're supposed to be hands-off unless people are x-raying, hacking, or otherwise being very nasty about OOC-business, like lavaspamming and so forth.

The sorrowlands are supposed to be a risky place to go to, that is why plot claiming has no cost and we don't restrict resource gathering. If we administered things in the Sorrowlands, like giving towns boats and what have you, we would both destroy the risk and make the NK purposeless.

The travel to the build which was made in the Sorrowlands may well be /quite/ risky, the sorrowlands is dangerous. It would behoove travellers to pay careful attention and perhaps travel stealthily or via a roundabout route.

@Bandits - Linecamping and other more abusive things notwithstanding, it would fall within your purview to interact with people passing through the Sorrows. That is, after all, part of the point.

@Travellers - You'll be in a group, leaving with co-ordination. Can hire mercs and whatnot and there's lots of ways to evade bandits if you don't want to deal with an OOC fight. I intentionally and regularly sneak out past Dummy and others just to demonstrate to myself that it was still possible given the map to justify balance, and if he's seen me, e's never mentioned it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
wow :eek: I was only hoping people wouldn't come and pvp with the message I've put and suddenly a whole amount of text about rules and risks :confused:

So people who do not have the money to buy nobility and a region in NK will always /have to/ claim stuff in the sorrows to build an event, resulting in danger always?

I see your point though about the purpose of Sorrows and NK, it's only a bit weird why you want to have my event in your control with "Things travelers can do and bandits can do" instead of just saying: "Ok, pirate has prepared this event, puts time to make people have fun on the server and is hosting this event, let's just say no pvp for the 1 min they travel towards the tower."
I appreciate Michcat's suggestion to tag along as a guard and would be happy if you would do so. I am happy anyway if you would join the event, or anyone would join the event.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
and I didn't say there is staff envolvement :( I only said you are free to take actions if this is required : / darn don't be so harsh on me : /

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I see your point though about the purpose of Sorrows and NK, it's only a bit weird why you want to have my event in your control with "Things travelers can do and bandits can do" instead of just saying: "Ok, pirate has prepared this event, puts time to make people have fun on the server and is hosting this event, let's just say no pvp for the 1 min they travel towards the tower."

The larger cost of the NK is largely due to the rules and assistance available there. The Sorrowlands is so much easier to make an Event in, but at the risk of potential PvP due to the "lawless" nature. This isn't rules of your event, but the standard of the area you are hosting your event within. (Atop of this, there has absolutely been no contact with staff regarding the travel towards this event, so I don't imagine we'd be doing much in hopes of not potentially altering the event unfavourably.)