Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished The Trails of Skraag

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
THE SOUNDTRACK OF THIS EVENT:

This is an event entirely based on RolePlay! An event that can be done whenever YOU feel like it. There is no set date and time. There is no loot, so if someone does it before you do it, there is no problem! They won't steal away anything! You can tell friends that you want to do it with them and thus make up with who you want to partake in this epic roleplay adventure! This quest will require a lot of reading and thinking, so if you don't like either of them, you won't like the quest at all. It is based on ancient scriptures, books and tomes in game. In this quest, you will have the chance to choose your destiny. Do you side with the evil? Or do you fight for the good? Whatever you do, it will affect your character and the others you roleplay with! (I'm trying to make it such as Knight of The Old Republic, becoming evil or good as you go). Your decisions in this event will determine the way you and your company will experience this event and how you will all end up.

Let the roleplay start from now on:

*You wander through the Royal Library, for no particular reason. It's just another day and though you might be busy with important things to do, or you might have nothing to do at all, you felt like you would find comfort in the library. *

*Nothing seems out of the ordinary as you walk passed the many rows of bookcases when suddenly... A book lays opened on the floor. You walk towards it and close it, as you move your arm to put it back where it obviously came from, you find the cover of this book looks rather old and interesting. Intrigued by your find, you open it again and find it to be filled with drawings of dead bodies, dismembered limbs, bones and similar dead or undead related topics... No wonder the person who found this book dropped it. This person must have been in shock! He or she probably ran away and left it here. But you feel more courageous and flip some pages. It is indeed entirely filled with drawings, no text at all. Except for a loose note, a piece of paper inside... It says:*

"It is the year 1259, a millennium after the year 259 in which The Cult summoned forth Skraag himself. Skraag the Soul Stealer... The evil God of anything that has to do with the undead. His symbol a red skull on a black field. His unholy colors black and red, and his motto: Death is Unnecessary... Only each millennium will we, mortals, have the chance to summon this ancient God to our earth, or so it is whispered... or so it is said...
The Cult had a ritual that was performed in order for this beast of Gods to appear and cast his doom over Altera. The ritual requires an incantation, which consists of several lines. The Cult was well aware that they might not exist anymore a millennium after this, so they hid their lines of incantation all over the world. I alone have found them and I will summon the God once more! But there is a chance that I will fail, if I have missed or misread an incantation. In this case I will die and in this case I will fail. This is why I leave what I have found to you in a series of clues, for perhaps you may succeed, a millennium later...
The Cult wasn't a group of fools, they were intelligent. Some of the incantations they left behind aren't genuine, they are false. Only with enough wit and sharp sense will you unravel the truth from the lies. This is how you must proceed:
Once you find something that could be a line from the incantation, you must check it for the following details:
- The incantation is written on a sign with on both sides fire.
- The incantation doesn't start with a capital letter like normal sentences do.
- The incantation will always have a word in it that starts with a capital letter S
If the line you find misses one of these requirements, it is not genuine, but it might be a clue to the real line!
Now I will go... I will set myself on fire on the designated place and hope for the best, or die..."

*You realize that this year is 2259, also a millennium later! Awed by your find, you either show it to some friends you trust or keep it to yourself. Now you have to choose, will I embark on a quest to summon the god? Will I go on adventure to prevent people from summoning this malice? Or will I leave it be? for now...*

IF YOU DECIDE TO GO ON THIS ADVENTURE:
*You sift through the pages again, seeking some clue on where to begin. When suddenly your eye falls on a particular image. This is an image of a rotten hand, it is holding something. You look closer and find it holds ...*

OOC:
Once I am done preparing this event, I will leave a sign in the royal library and inform you through this thread about it. The sign will be saying what the hand is holding. This will be your first clue and will lead you to the next clue or first line of incantation! You can recognize signs or rooms that have to do with the event by a red wool block surrounded by black wool blocks. The sign itself says TS (Trail of Skraag), before the actual message.
Good Luck... Mortals...

A few things to remember:
First of all:
It's a RolePlay thing. It's most fun to do it in a group!
Second:
It's less fun to ask in ooc if anyone found it and to tell others where you found the sign. It's also not smart, because you want to make more progress than the other participants of course!
Third:
I insist on not using fly for this, because it will ruin the fun for others, it will also ruin the fun for you and it is illegal [<-- fun fact: people have been banned for this.]
Fourth:
You cannot tell at which sign you are "I'm at the sign in Port Silver" Because that gives away where the clue is.
You can tell at which sign you are "I'm already at the 5th sign!" Because that tells us how far your progress is and you can boast around like a boss.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Okay. I've not had a problem with some of the previous events, and I stayed quiet even with the necromancer and nether beast, but this is really going way too far without consulting with the lore team.

As written this violates a bunch of things and I have to veto it's present state.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Okay. I've not had a problem with some of the previous events, and I stayed quiet even with the necromancer and nether beast, but this is really going way too far without consulting with the lore team.

As written this violates a bunch of things and I have to veto it's present state.
LOL What does it even violate? I'm just making up some things for some event for fun. I'm not going to summon the god to altera, that's just the story. WHY are you also so pessimistic, egoistic and bossy. I am one of the few that is actually putting effort into making events besides the staff. You want more events but you don't want to give in a single INCH? you want to have it all, but give nothing to others. You can live in you pathetic fantasy world with your own made up lore if you want, but I'm not going to be forced into that, holding only to your rules and not giving me space to do my own thing. HOW am I harming you in any way by hosting this event that you make me stop it? Geez... You are pissing me off

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Is it that hard to send a single conversation about backing worldlore for an event? Is it that hard to maybe run the chance of a few modifications at worst, and a whole host of support at best?

You have violated our rules that netherbeasts and the ilk are not to spawn in the Overworld. You have violated the magicstructure made to balance the world. This blatant powergaming isn't something you can run off and mess around with because you made an event - You cannot give yourself fun powers just because you made an event that "needs" it. You kindly work with the official lore team so we can integrate these instances.

Your blatant disrespect of the entire server-setting is apalling. Have you ever played DnD? You don't tell the GM or DM that 'no, I don't like this dungeon, I'm going to make my own'. You get booted from the game if you do that.

Naelwyn has only ever been professional when dealing with these outstanding lorebreaks. Calling names isn't going to get you anywhere, and it honestly speaks of the person behind them. What in the world makes you think we would refuse to work with you when you havn't even tried contacting any staff member?

"Your own thing" is nice until it breaks the current-standing world. I understand you want a freeform fantasy setting, but Hollowworld already has its setting - and it isn't made on whatever flimsy contribution every passing teenager wants to throw at it. We tried that, and it had demigod pumpkin kings with outstanding injustices in roleplay. This is why we are where we are. If you think such "rules" exist for no real reason, then you are sorely mistaken.

You have been told countless times before to contact the loreteam for these, @Piratep00f . We are happy to work with you, but you are unwilling to work with us.

Michcat

The Cult had a ritual that was performed in order for this beast of Gods to appear and cast his doom over Altera. The ritual requires an incantation, which consists of several lines. The Cult was well aware that they might not exist anymore a millennium after this, so they hid their lines of incantation all over the world.
Is it thaaaat hard to send us a convo you're doing something like this (And that its harmless) so we don't freak out and act on what it blatantly says? :I

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Is it thaaaat hard to send us a convo you're doing something like this (And that its harmless) so we don't freak out and act on what it blatantly says? :I
That is the writing of some person, that doesn't mean it is true. . .

Michcat

That is the writing of some person, that doesn't mean it is true. . .
So this was a misunderstanding which could have been prevented by the tiniest of communications with any staff member.

I'm not happy with how this turned out, either.

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
Even if. One word, two sentences and his entire event being cancelled isn't exactly pleasant no matter what when it involves the amount of effort he puts into these things.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I hope people realize when I put "Vetoed as written" it doesn't mean "The event is cancelled", it means "The event, as it is presently written, is cancelled."

IE, if he had communicated with us and allowed us to work out the sections we had problems with, the event could merrily proceed. Unfortunately we had to first express that things as arranged were not cool with us and that we had to be talked to before it could occur. Had we been spoken to before the thread went up there would not have been any issues.

Flying off the handle solves absolutely nothing.

Michcat

Even if. One word, two sentences and his entire event being cancelled isn't exactly pleasant no matter what when it involves the amount of effort he puts into these things.
What Naelwyn said.
A 'veto' isn't canceling an event. Its, as evidenced in Naelwyns first post:

I have been asking him to contact us on this stuff for months. I have been telling Piratep00f that I am happy to speak with him on multiple things (About ANYTHING).
He has absolutely refused to contact the loreteam, despite being requested. If he had done so before, or even politely done so after, I can see thousands of ways in which his event could proceed in a way he is more then satisfied with.

I hope that makes sense.

Michcat

I think I would be more empathetic towards his situation.
That is normally the case with first or second, even third instances of disregard.

I don't want to continue speaking about Piratep00f when he can't respond, but I'll clarify anything else that needs it.

Those questions aside, I kindly request this discussion is put to rest.