Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Truths of Punishment

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
These are the punishments in place for breaking the Divine Law or for hostile action - direct or indirect - towards the Church. This may include quarrels within the Church itself, if they turn brutal and are not sorted out by the sides' Exalted.

1. For heresy, you shall be burnt on stake, but only after the Inquisitors feel you have given all of the information you hold.

2. For major sin against the Divine Law, you shall be burnt on stake, but only after the Inquisitors feel you have given all of the information you hold.

3. For minor sins against the Divine Law, the punishment shall vary accordingly, from simply a verbal lecture and no report, to a prison sentence or injury.

4. For killing an Inquisitor, you shall be questioned, before being beheaded and having your body burnt.

5. For attacking an Inquisitor, you shall be questioned, before serving a prison sentence or being given an injury.

6. For verbally assaulting an Inquisitor, you shall be warned. Repeated offense may cause more serious repercussions.

7. Dressing up as an Inquisitor, including illegal posession of a badge of membership or uniform, shall result in questioning and hanging, after which your body shall be burnt.

8. Similar charges as the three above may be pressed against you for attacking other members of the Church.

9. Any other damaging activities against the High Church shall be punished accordingly.

Marshalls shall oversee that the suspect is treated with respect and that evidence is found of suspect's guilt. The rule of final wish does not apply in the case of Heresy. However, Inquisitors may decide to act in good spirit towards the heretic to show Inquisition judges the sin, not the sinner. An example of that would be giving a wedding for two heretics in love before their trial and punishment.
(Concessions as to how the person is burnt may be put in place. For example, if the person suffers mentally, or is too young, but still sins against the Church, they may be put to sleep before burning, to minimise the pain inflicted.)

Check out the other threads too!
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/th...and-additional-information.30571/#post-490809
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-truths-of-duty.30570/#post-490832

Last edited:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Woot woot, world destroying heretics

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
Welp, there goes the sensible rules and punishments for breaking said rules from the divine law. Now replaced with... More burnnningggg!

(Just saying, non-god given abilities I assume is magic, if I am wrong please correct me but- The gods said NOT to burn mages..)

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Welp, there goes the sensible rules and punishments for breaking said rules from the divine law. Now replaced with... More burnnningggg!

(Just saying, non-god given abilities I assume is magic, if I am wrong please correct me but- The gods said NOT to burn mages..)
Actually that was meant to be corrected. xD Fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
Actually that was meant to be corrected. xD Fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out.
No problem, that little edit changes quite a lot considering the original looked like you were starting a war against magic XD. Good luck with this inquisition, looks interesting.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
are u the inquisitor
Arken and Polo are joint-leading the Inquisition. All the Exalted will be publicly posted soon!

I posted something in the other thread about being polite, I'd very much appreciated it if you took that to heart, as I believe I pointed out a post of yours there. I am not going to tolerate OOC antagonizing, I hope I can make that clear.
Be excellent to each other... OOCly!

For the thread:

ApprovedButton.png

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
(Concessions as to how the person is burnt may be put in place. For example, if the person suffers mentally, or is too young, but still sins against the Church, they may be put to sleep before burning, to minimise the pain inflicted.)
OOCly, I'm not ok with burning children, even if they are sleeping. Everything else seems pretty cool though.

Edit: My character probably isn't ok with it either, really.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Oh man, I completely expect half the Exalted to be bugging the Grand Inquisitor about being less bloody and lots of wonderful political RP to follow :D

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
OOCly, I'm not ok with burning children, even if they are sleeping. Everything else seems pretty cool though.

Edit: My character probably isn't ok with it either, really.
OOCly, I also doubt there will be many heretical children, so these cases might (and hopefully will if you want my honesty) never happen. It moreso applies for mentally handicapped people, or those who were almost forced into heresy.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
OOCly, I also doubt there will be many heretical children, so these cases might (and hopefully will not if you want my honesty) never happen. It moreso applies for mentally handicapped people, or those who were almost forced into heresy.
It's cool. I just don't like the mental images of kids getting hurt. It makes me angry, like, REALLY angry. Normally in video games I couldn't care less. But for RP stuff, my mind is far too graphic.