Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Theodra/Tier 3] Rook Corvus - The Huntsman

ZeAfroGentleman

Lord of Altera
Hero
ZeAfroGentleman
ZeAfroGentleman
Hero

Rook Corvus
"Greatness comes from small beginnings."

Minecraft name: ZeAfroGentleman.

Character name: Rook Corvus.

Link to normal character profile: Link!

Patron: Theodra.

Overall Tier: Prophet - Tier 3.

Spell Points: 7 per day.

Additional granted boons (# of times cast):
[*] None so far.

Artifacts:
[*]
Name: True Sight
Physical Description: An eye crafted of bone that, once in its socket, appears and acts as any real eye. The iris is a deep forest green, the pupil silver.
Passive: The blessed finds that they are more perceptive in regards to tracking, a keen eye that grants advantage on any tracking rolls.
[Ability - True Aim]: The blessed finds their aim strikes true upon using any held bow, granting them a +2 to any rolls upon event beasts and monsters. Those creatures with a tougher hide find the arrow has an easier time piercing it, at DM discretion.
Attuned to: Rook Corvus (ZeAfroGentleman).

Passive(s) or Sustained Effects:
[*] The blessed seems vaguely feral in appearance, and their footsteps are slightly fainter. They instinctively know what direction North is. They can lick their own small wounds to heal them faster, and have a knack at finding running water. If they remain still for a minute or more, they seem to blend more easily with their surroundings and are harder to see.

Apprentices:
[*] Sydri Ulamyar - Teaching in Religion and Combat. [X] (Former)
[*] North - Teaching in Religion and Combat [X] (Former)
[*] Marian Oliiran - Teaching in Religion and Combat [X] (Current)
[*] Tylla Goraya - Teaching in Religion [X] (Current)

Vows/Pledges:
[*] "Hear me, Great White Wolf, for I- your devoted follow- hereby pledge myself that I shall use my guild and its halls to teach your tenets, to teach your ways to the next generation of hunters. For your ways and only your ways are the truth when it comes to hunting our quarry, be they beast, be they man, or be they demon. I pledge that my guild shall have its doors open to all whom wish to learn your ways, be it religiously or be it combative." [Vow made on the 2nd Day of Sunbright]
[*] "Whether you're strong or weak. Be wise or ignorant. I shall be your guide. The Alpha in your pack, until you find your own pack. Until you are Blessed by Her, I shall be your mentor. In religious means, in combative means, and in other means you may need. I shall be your mentor. That is my vow to you, and to Her. I shall not falter in that, my friend." [Vow made on the 16th Day of Fogwater]
[*] "Hear me Goddess of the Hunt. Hear me and hear me well. I vow that I shall never run away from my home while defending it. Not while my soul remains, my breath remains, and my hand can draw a bowstring back.." [Vow made on the 24th Day of Ghostmoon]
[*] "I swear to help keep the balance in the world; between beasts and man so no one takes over the other." [Vow made on the 11th Day of Snowdown]

Current Divine Status':
[*] Help further Marian and Tylla's understanding in their faith.
[*] Hunt stronger quarry.
[*] Become stronger and wiser.
[*] Help Thryss in running the Hunter's Guild, to teach the next generation of hunters.
[*] Continue keeping the balance of the world.
[*] To seek true understanding of his faith. Of the world.

Completed Divine Status':
[*] Seek students to teach at the Grove to Theodra.

[*] Learning the Huntress' native tongue.
[*] Seeking students to teach at the Grove to Theodra.
[*] Establish a Hunter's Guild in Theodra's name. To teach the next generation of hunters.
[*] Find out more information about the dream Theodra shared to her Blessed.
[*] Be given his sight back by Theodra, after he has shown great skill, risk and devotion.​

Last edited:

ZeAfroGentleman

Lord of Altera
Hero
ZeAfroGentleman
ZeAfroGentleman
Hero

Divine Spells

Detection (0)
Divine: Theodra.
Tier: 1.
Action: Touch.
Cost: 1 SP.
Duration: 24 hours.
Spell: The blessed marks the boundaries of a doorway, archway, window, or similar sized passageway. In natural environments, it may instead be cast on a natural border, such as along a game trail or through a clearing. Should anything pass through this area the caster becomes instantly alerted to it, even stirring from sleep or rest. It dispels after 24 hours have passed if it has not been triggered.

Hunter's Mark I (0)
Action: Brief prayer and sight of their target for one minute.
Cost: 2 SP.
Duration: One week.
Spell: The blessed targets another individual or creature in sight, and deems them marked. For the next OOC week they will be able to sense their direction, but not the distance. Only one target may be marked at any one time. The target is aware of the mark, a constant feeling of tension and awareness of being hunted, but cannot cleanse themselves of the effect.

Nature's Den (0)
Duration: 12 hours.
Spell: The blessed can will an area to become a more advanced and comfortable place to reside when out in the wilderness. Dense foliage moves up as a roof and draps down to the ground, forming a sort of tent of natural materials or even furs and leathers depending on what would be more of a camouflage in the area. In some cases it forms out of rock if that is the better material for its location. It is large enough to comfortably fit two people, and stays insulated enough to ward off the cold of an autumn night, but will require a fire for wintry settings.

Piercing Strike (5)
Duration: One day.
Spell: The blessed chooses a weapon or item of choice (sword, dagger, arrow, etc) and upon the spell taking hold, it gleams silver. This weapon will, upon its next use, pierce twice as deep if impacting flesh. Only one weapon or item may be imbued at any one time, and it must be something that can be held and considered a ‘weapon’ or ‘ammo’. The effect wears off after one day if it has not been used.
Hunter's Mark II (0)
Tier: 2.
Action: Prayer, and sight of the target for half a minute.
Cost: 3 SP.
Spell: The blessed can target an individual or creature that is in their sight for at least half a minute, and deem them marked. For the next OOC week they will be able to sense their direction and distance accurately enough to pinpoint them as being within a town or location as big as the average village. They may mark two individuals at any one time, and the caster is instictively aware of which is which. The target feels unnerved and on edge for the duration.

Adaptation (3)
Action: Prayer.
Duration: One hour.
Spell: The blessed takes on one of three aspects that imbue them with a heightened senses for the next hour. Only one may be active at any one time, these effects do not stack.
Hawk - The eyes become golden, and their sight is matched with that of a hawk. They need good lighting, and this ability does not provide better vision at night.
Bear - The cheekbones become more defined, the shoulders seem broader. They find it easier to keep going, their endurance doubled and finding they can lift twice the weight they would have prior.
Hare - They are far more alert, and yet more lithe. They can run twice as fast but are hit twice as hard in return.

Restoration of Nature
(0)
Action: Prayer and touch for 30 minutes.
Duration: Permanent, until another location is created.
Spell: With a kneel and verbal prayer, over half an hour the Blessed wills an area of a 15 block radius to grow wild, and form an area of overgrown wilderness over a period of two OOC days. Any who enter the area feel more alert, aware, as if their survival instincts kick in. It damages any manmade structures within it, and takes to drawing in animals from around the area like it is a lure. If cast upon the edge of water, fish and sealife becomes abundant. Should this be cast again elsewhere, the old one fades.
This spell has a cooldown of 2 weeks OOC if it is not in an existing region, and you are able to contact event staff to request a pre-built area be added into the world for you.

Healing Salve (5)
Action: Brief prayer.
Spell: Upon gathering a mixed combination of herbs native to any area, the blessed can either chew or mix them together into a paste. Upon a simple prayer it takes on a silver colour that can then be spread upon any wound to heal it. So long as the wound is not lethal and is a surface wound, even if it would require stitches, the wound will heal within the span of a day and leave behind silver hued scars. The salve can be used on one wound, and will be mundane within a day if not used.
Packmaster (0)
Tier: 3
Action: Maintained contact and prayer for fifteen minutes.
Cost: 4 SP per individual.
Duration: Permanent.
Spell: The blessed can form a bond with three other willing individuals that creates a link which enables the caster to sense their direction, location, and general health. They will know if they have come to harm, if they have fallen sick, or if they feel great fear. The bond does not work between those not the caster, nor can they have the same understanding of location or wellbeing of the caster. Those bonded will find that the light mark of a crescent moon forms upon their body at the choice of the caster, akin the the appearance of a birthmark. This lasts until the caster willingly dispels it.

Beastform (0)
Action: Prayer, and holding a totem in line with the animal of choice. The same totem must be used each time for that animal.
Cost: 5 SP
Duration: Up to five hours.
Spell: The blessed chooses an animal that has symbolic meaning to them, and makes it their secondary form. It cannot be from the bestiary nor be larger than the average bear. They are able to shift into this form and retain it for up to five hours before they are forced to return to normal. They can be injured in this form and not be forced to change back, but any injuries sustained will scale with size to their normal body upon shifting back. They cannot shift if they are wearing armour and belongings such as weaponry or satchels are left behind from where they changed. The totem remains on the animal, be it tooth or feather or claw, and is back in their hand upon returning.
Note: You can be a mouse, rat, ferret, snake, etc - But nothing smaller than these and it cannot be an insect.

Truesight (0)
Action: Prayer, and touching of an animal.
Cost: 5 SP
Spell: The blessed forms a bond with a creature from the following: Owl, Fox, Bat, Hawk, Hare. Wherever the blessed goes, their familiar is not far behind, seemingly materialising at will after spanning great distances. The blessed may connect to their familiar and see through its eyes for up to one hour, and during this time may control where it travels to. If it is killed, the blessed is temporarily blinded for one minute and must make a new bond. The animal is not hostile once the spell is cast, but the animal goes on its own way after a week.

Touch of Venom (0)
Action: Prayer & Touch.
Cost: 2 SP
Spell: The caster blesses any weapon of choice so long as it is has a sharp point, staining the tip a deep green colour. For the next three attacks in which the point can pierce flesh, it is as if the target has been bitten by a venomous snake. They will suffer burning pain through that general area within ten minutes, and break out into a fever for the next several hours. Debilitating, but not lethal. The weapons lose their venom after one day of not being used.
Purify (0)
Action: Prayer and the holding of a container of water.
Spell: The caster blesses the equivalent to one cup’s worth of water and changes it’s qualities depending on the deity worshipped. It must remain in a container, and contact with said container must be held for at least ten seconds to fully turn its contents. The contents may be poured into another container but will turn back into water the next day. This cannot be stockpiled, for any liquid will revert back after the duration.

Not Jishrim, Skraag,or Visage: It becomes ‘Holy Water’, and is able to burn any Undead, Vyre, Mage, or individual who worships not of the Pantheon with the same heat and effect of boiling water. The burns shall heal over the span of three days. If consumed, it eases headaches and heals minor bruises or scratches. Has been known to repel supernatural entities.

Jishrim, Skraag or Visage: It becomes blood that is able to be consumed by any Vyre to the same standard as a healthy individual, and is also able to burn any Mage, and any individual who worships not of the Pantheon with the same heat and effect of boiling water. The burns shall heal over the span of three days. Has been known to repel supernatural entities.

Illuminate (0)
Action: An uttering of; "[Divine], let them hear me."
Duration: Five minutes.
Spell: A halo of light forms behind the caster’s head, the colour thematic to their deity. For up to five minutes, those in RP chat range will be able to hear them clearly (providing they are not behind a wall or so on) and consider them paying attention to. They may instil a faint sense of Calm, Fear, or Courage within the audience.
Note: Should a higher tier blessed cast this spell in the same radius, it will over-ride the lower one.

Vision (0)
Action: Prayer and touch of the target.
Duration: One minute.
Spell: The caster wills the vague imagery of something themed to their own divine into the minds eye of another. This may be blinked away or shaken off if considered too disturbing, but is more akin to an unwanted thought or brief daydream than a forced visual.

Divination (0)
Action: Prayer, and ritual/offering themed to the Divine.
Duration: As long as it takes to ask a question and receive an answer.
Spell: With a ritual based around their chosen divine(such as lighting candles or incense, giving an offering, etc), a blessed may ask a single simple question - And are given a sign of some kind in return. This is limited to once per OOC week and may take several days for a response. At the lowest tier, it can be very vague and the response may not be given, verbal, or clear that one was granted at all. As the blessed grows higher in tier, the responses may become clearer.

Divine Word (3)
Action: The prayer of, "[Divine], carry my words."
Cost: 1 SP per rank.
Duration: Must be asked and answered in the same day.
Spell: The caster is able to send a word or sentence depending on the rank it is used, which become available as your rank higher in divine tier. It can travel any distance, and the target will hear it spoken in their mind with the voice of the caster. The caster must know the name and face of the target they commune with.
Rank I - T1
The caster can send one single word to their target. They cannot be given a word in response.
Rank II - T2
The caster can send up to ten words to their target, and they can hear a response of up to as many in response.
Rank III - T3
The caster can send a far more cohesive message, and they can hear one in return. The word limit here is one single PM, so whatever you can fit into that box.

Feast of the Gods (0)
Action: Prayer. They must keep their hands on the location on which to summon it for one minute.
Cost: 1-3 SP.
Duration: One hour.
Spell:
The caster summons forth a platter of food that can feed up to three people. It can be cast upon an existing surface (table, for example), or the floor. Eating divine food will restore some energy, ease minor pain, and give a sense of warmth and comfort from the divine in question. Once the spell ends, everything flickers away.
This spell can be cast at 1SP per person, up to three.

Theodra; Feast of the Hunt
Carved tableware of various wood types forms, with cups made of animal bone and utensils of pure silver. It sits upon a thin grey pelt. A modest meal, but a gamey one, with meats served using the same herbs found growing nearby. Refreshing water is served.

Last edited:

ZeAfroGentleman

Lord of Altera
Hero
ZeAfroGentleman
ZeAfroGentleman
Hero

Divine Log

[Format: [What happened -> [Event Link] -> Importance to him.]
On the hunt to Tier 1
[*] Held Teachings of Theodra's tenets, along with a sermon following that on the 5th Day of Truebirth. [X] [Started his worshipping]
[*] Fought, hunted and helped kill a Wildegroll during a mission up northeast to find a missing Scholar on the 17th Day of Truebirth. [X] [Showed his skill in Her name]
[*] Hosted a hunting party in Theodra's name, which resulted in the killing of a large Bison Bull on the 26th Day of Truebirth. [X] [To show his skill in Her name]
[*] Built a Shrine close to Linistel to the northwest of town, taking a couple of days with the help of Linistel's work force to built it. [To show his devotion in Her name]
[*] Held Teachings of Theodra's tenets, along with a sermon following that, trying to sanctify the Shrine that he had built in Theodra's name on the 27th Day of Truebirth. [X] [To spread Her teachings]
[*] Was given guidance by Eivora through the will of Theodra, after Rook asked Theodra for guidance to find a place to have a Shrine made in her name. Resulting in his Blessing on the 4th Day of Sporebloom. [X] [Wishing to show his devotion]

On the hunt to Tier 2

[*] Joined up with several others to rid the roads between Compendium and the ruins of Aelmere of the Sons of Scourge, resulting in them defeating the figment Bloodlust on the 28th day of Sporebloom. [X] [Aiding in keep the balance in the world]
[*] Hosted a hunting party in Theodra's name, which resulted in the hunting and killing of a northern wendigo on the 2nd Day of Lightshine. [X] [To show his skill in hunting a mighty beast]
[*] Was shown a faint form of a woman with a glint of silver eyes, who took the wendigo's skull, given Rook his mission to hunt another dangerous quarry to be given his sight back on the 5th Day of Lightshine. [A mission to be fulfilled]
[*] Held a sermon on Theodra's holy hunting grounds to those interested to listen, before hunting a bull moose with a small party, on the 15th Day of Lightshine. [X] [To spread Her teachings and his belief]
[*] Was told by Theodra that in order for him to receive his sight back, that he had to hunt a dangerous quarry, one with some worth. A hunt that would be shown to him in due time, told on the 17th Day of Lightshine. [A trial of mastery]
[*] Performed a Divination ritual in order to reach Theodra's ears with news regarding the Corruption in Queensport, about the Kanes spreading the Corruption, and how to handle it, on the 25th Day of Lightshine. [Gathering information on how to continue]
[*] Performed a Divination ritual in order to reach Theodra's ears, offering a longbow made in Elven design, performing an Oath to the Goddess of Beasts, that he plans on keeping, on the 2nd Day of Sunbright. [Showing his devotion by oath]
[*] Hunted some giant crabs to the northwest of Astrum Island, where he had suffered some injuries. Torn muscles, broken ribs and an arrow wound in his lower back on the 10th Day of Sunbright. [X] [A showing of skill gone wrong]
[*] Went to the Ashlands to hunt some Ash Hounds, though instead fed some malnourished Ash Hounds. Ended up hunting and striking down three Wendigo with his party on the 14th Day of Fogwater. [X] [A promise meant to be kept, skill shown]
[*] Was called by Aryn to his Grove, to find out what disturbance has been caused to the wildlife. Ended up fighting a large bear, with an already lodged bolt in its skull on the 27th Day of Fogwater. [X] [A call of aid for his Pack]

On the hunt to Tier 3

[*] During some downtime he was struck by a message of Theodra, of a pained cry of a wolf. A vision bloodied. He investigated it, only to see the horrors of what the Jishrimites had done on the 29th Day of Fogwater. [X] [Offering his aid, a show of devotion]
[*] The Huntsman was invited by Aelyth to aid in investigating a spider cave from times long ago. In return the Huntsman aided in slaughter a demonic spider, an abomination by Jishrim on the 5th Day of Ghostmoon. [X] [Showing of skill, offering of aid]
[*] After Aelyth was infected by an abomination of Jishrim he attended the ritual to try and exorcise the worm. After meeting the Wolf the Huntress sent, they got their mission on the 7th Day of Ghostmoon. [X] [Aid to his pack]
[*] Trying to cleanse Aelyth of the worm that infected her the Pack moved to hunt some spiders, but were instead met with an unsightly illusion that took over their minds on the 10th Day of Ghostmoon. [X] [A show of willpower]
[*] Had hunted an Elchbar near Stoltfar, aiding in striking it down, after a band of hunters were overhunting the local reindeer. The Huntsman here had a barrel of fun on the 18th Day of Ghostmoon. [X] [A show of skill]
[*] Defended his home of Verdant Valley, after realizing that it was under attack by the Jishrimites lead by Bok'ra. Managed to kill two of their cult, before retreating to fight another day on the 24th Day of Ghostmoon. [X] [Protection to his home]
[*] Held an archery training lesson in the Huntress' name at the Archery Range within Verdant Valley, with the potential for a new apprentice as well on the 1st Day of Stormwind. [X] [A teaching of skill in Her name]
[*] Went on a hunt that Thryss organized, killing an adult bison in a single shot, before aiding to kill a bison bull with the hunting party on the 6th Day of Stormwind. [X] [Aiding in a hunt, showing of skill]
[*] Watched as a gryphon was trampled by a herd of bison, while out for a hunt to gain extra food for the Feast for the Wolves, held to cheer up his Pack and a sign of devotion to Her, on the 15th Day of Stormwind. [X] [Showing of devotion to Her]
[*] Hunted a Giant along with the Pack- which resulted in a heavily broken left arm and two broken ribs after being swatted- but a hunt that showed Aelyth's Devotion to Her, on the 17th Day of Stormwind. [X] [Aiding to his pack, showing of skill]
[*] Hosted a teaching of the Huntress in the tavern within Astrakhan to a small number of folk. Gave new insight to Atrus in particular, on the 30th Day of Stormwind. [X] [Sharing of knowledge, teaching those uninformed]
[*] Joined the Pack on a pilgrimage, in search of wisdom. Discussions were had, opinions offered and listened to, and wisdom found in the end on the 12th and 13th Day of Winterfeast. [X] [Sharing opinion, knowledge and learning. Cultivating wisdom]
[*] Led his hunting party into the Ash Lands, where they hunted and killed four, strong Ash Hounds. It was a worthwhile hunt, though plans had changed. For no live capture, on the 19th Day of Winterfeast. [X] [A promise fulfilled, showing of skill]
[*] Held a teaching and sermon in the name of the Huntress in Verdant Valley. He taught and instructed someone, aiding them on their journey onto the path of Theodra, on the 23rd Day of Winterfeast. [X] [Sharing of knowledge, teaching. Cultivated a student]
[*] Taught Marian the basics on how to shoot her newly acquired longbow, giving her a training regiment to follow. All to further her progress in becoming a huntress on the 25th Day of Winterfeast. [Sharing of knowledge, teaching his student]
[*] Continued his training with Marian, now on the basics of swordsmanship, along with giving her guidance on events that had transpired in her day-to-day life on the 28th Day of Winterfeast. [Sharing of knowledge, offering guidance]
[*] While visiting Linistel ran into Tylla and Boetius, accepting Tylla underneath his wing as his student, along with speaking about his view on his faith, about the world, about mankind on the 2nd Day of Snowdown. [Sharing of knowledge. Cultivated a student]
[*] Aided Ronak in obtaining an item of value, striking down many Vyres with his longbow to keep his allies safe. Aided with his Divine Magic how he could on the 10th Day of Snowdown. [X] [Lending aid. Showing of skill]
[*] While enjoying his respite in Verdant Valley he was approached by Eivora, who gave him a divine task to test his understanding of his faith, on the 11th Day of Snowdown. [A divine task given]
[*] Once more aided Ronak in obtaining an item of value, though this time fighting against an Immortal, after negotations failed. While injured, he delivered the finishing blow, on the 11th Day of Snowdown. [X] [Lending aid. Showing skill and wisdom]
[*] Spent some time teaching the basics and other good information regarding tracking to Marian and Alfonso, making sure that Marian was prepared for their first hunt, on the 15th Day of Snowdown. [Sharing of wisdom to the next generation]
[*] Took his students out for a hunt to test their wisdom in tracking and their skill in hunting. The hunt ended up being a mountain goat. A simple kill, but a job well done, on the 16th Day of Snowdown. [X] [Testing his students. Sharing of wisdom.]
[*] Took the Menguar family out for a hunt and a camping trip, telling them about hunting and tracking techniques. It resulted in them hunting a brown bear, which Rook single handedly kept at bay, on the 16th Day of Snowdown. [X] [Sharing his wisdom. Showing his skill]
[*] Has completed his divine task, given to him by Theodra, to learn and find new understanding in his faith, in himself. After speaking about he was given new divine heights, becoming stronger, on the 16th Day of Snowdown. [Getting stronger in his faith]

On the hunt to Tier 4

Last edited: