Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

To Seek Refuge

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

It is said that there is a place in the world safe from what haunts the people who inhabit it, that amongst all this darkness and suffering there is a beacon of hope. A sanctuary, an asylum. This place is what they call Linlea, and as rumour tells, they hold the cure there. There is food, safety, security, people who care. They can fix anyone who has been tainted by the Blight, help any who may die otherwise, and so it is there they must travel for any hope of survival. By any means necessary.

Ships of various sizes take to the seas, and any who cannot seem to manage to find access through the waters take to a great migration for the Ashlands. These people are exceptionally sick, the black veins and flaking skin obvious signs, but charitable people and families take to aiding them on this voyage. Despite time likely not having passed enough for rumour so blatant to spread so quickly, it seems to do it all the same. Man, woman and child alike begin to move onward at roughly the same time, with the same destination in mind; Linlea.

- - - - - -

Over the next few days I will likely begin having their arrivals begin, but will likely make an event thread for it/a main one some time in the week.
Solus Estes241

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

Three ships arrived in Linlea bringing along their own problems for the current citizens. Many were starved, sick, and as a result became extremely aggressive to the current occupants of the land. Fighting was had amongst themselves and citizens alike, and when it was all over, some citizens lay dead with the corpses of the infected who had travelled with determination to find safety, and security. Residents of Linlea have been urged to take caution for many rowboats took to finding other parts of the Isle to hide upon, and while some are open to trying to get aid, some can be extremely violent and hold great risk of spreading infection themselves. Bodies wash up upon the shores, or rest lifeless in the waters around the stonework. A bridge is broken, and one of the three ships slowly sinks in the murky waters by the time the sun sets, set ablaze not hours earlier.

The hospital is full, and staff are kept busy with perhaps twenty or so individuals who all seem to be in the advanced stages of the Blight. Those who came calmly speak of dreams they had, or dreams people they knew had, of a great beacon of hope in these lands. Of a place considered safe, with a cure to the pestilence. It is, to them, even if they have never visited, effectively a heaven - And they are not alone in this shared vision. More will come, and more will assume these people hold the cure for themselves.
Linlea must prepare.

- - -
First event done. Next one will likely be a thread-made-one. : )

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
then there's the neighbor whos kinda just like well we're neighbors here's a casserole

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

More ships come for Linlea, expected to reach the Isle in coming days, but those who remain on the isle have heard of greener pastures where it is safer. Out of fear of being confined by the Moors, several flee in the night to the Isle of Astrum instead...

Linlea:
A ship will arrive on Tuesday 21st August, 7pm EST. (Not sure if times are good, I'm sorry if I miss people)
Solus

Astrum:
Several rowing boats will arrive on Tuesday 21st August, 3pm EST.
Icanra

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'm not sure if I'll be on tuesday or wednesday, but I will attempt to be here for it. I'll also PM you about some ship placements/etc for those that will be about.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
These events for Linlea and Astrum will have to be delayed - I'll come up with a new date but I'll be finishing a 3-day event tomorrow and then I have some IRL on wednesday :c Apologies!
Solus Icanra